Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2004 10:47:53 PM

I upgraded the BIOS on my SY-K7V DRAGON Plus! to the latest release,
K7VXA_2BA7, and the Promise controller still doesn't recognize the
250g WD drive. It still can only see 137g (shown on bios boot-up
screen)
Starting with BIOS ver. K7VXA_2BA6, Soyo states....
4. New Promise BIOS(ver:2.0.00.23), can support 130GB or higher HDD

What am I missing here?

Jim

More about : dragon 137g drive

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2004 5:44:04 AM

Jim Handy wrote:
> I upgraded the BIOS on my SY-K7V DRAGON Plus! to the latest release,
> K7VXA_2BA7, and the Promise controller still doesn't recognize the
> 250g WD drive. It still can only see 137g (shown on bios boot-up
> screen)
> Starting with BIOS ver. K7VXA_2BA6, Soyo states....
> 4. New Promise BIOS(ver:2.0.00.23), can support 130GB or higher HDD
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> Jim
Jim,
you're all around it. First I'm sorry that you have a WD drive. However,
your problem is a Windows issue. I believe you must be at WinXP Service
Pack 1 to see anything larger than 137Gb. Search on the Microsoft
knowledgebase.

Good luck.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2004 8:06:38 AM

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:44:04 GMT, Flavio Antonucci
<flavioantonucci@yahooremovethis.ca> wrote:

>Jim Handy wrote:
>> I upgraded the BIOS on my SY-K7V DRAGON Plus! to the latest release,
>> K7VXA_2BA7, and the Promise controller still doesn't recognize the
>> 250g WD drive. It still can only see 137g (shown on bios boot-up
>> screen)
>> Starting with BIOS ver. K7VXA_2BA6, Soyo states....
>> 4. New Promise BIOS(ver:2.0.00.23), can support 130GB or higher HDD
>>
>> What am I missing here?
>>
>> Jim
>Jim,
>you're all around it. First I'm sorry that you have a WD drive. However,
>your problem is a Windows issue. I believe you must be at WinXP Service
>Pack 1 to see anything larger than 137Gb. Search on the Microsoft
>knowledgebase.
>
>Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I have 10 or more WD drives in service on mine
and other family machines and not one has failed thank you. Some have
been going for 5+ yrs.

Now, to the HD/Windows issue. I haven't gotten that far. The BIOS
doesn't see all the drive, as I stated in my original message... so
I've not even booted with the drive in there. My understanding,
according to the Soyo BIOS page, is that with the latest BIOS, it
should recognize the whole drive. It does not. It only displays as
seeing aprox 130 or so gig.

Does anyone have a 48bit LBA HD being read properly on a
SY-K7V DRAGON Plus! using the MB Promise controller?

Jim