Soyo K7VTA-Pro V1.0 & AMD 2200+

Greetings Everybody,

I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
went along for the trip.

My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.

My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .

My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.

I thought there would be a significant increase in application
programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.

Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?

I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.

Cheers,

ga
4 answers Last reply
More about soyo k7vta 2200

    "G. Adams" <esknbabecurtny@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<414BC827.4D9FEC12@worldnet.att.net>...
    > Greetings Everybody,
    >
    > I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
    > went along for the trip.
    >
    > My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.
    >
    > My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .
    >
    > My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.
    >
    > I thought there would be a significant increase in application
    > programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
    > appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.
    >
    > Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?
    >
    > I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
    > why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > ga
    Mr. Adams
    You failed to list your specs....including memory, memory speed,
    memory settings, bus speed ect....... OH Yeah! and you are running
    Millenium ( Worst microsoft os to date) and you are using a 5400 rpm
    hard drive (slow outdated) Good luck in your need for speed!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Greetings John,

    My Soyo BIOS registers my AMD 2200+ at full power.

    An AMD 2200+ CPU should make a significant difference over an
    AMD K6-550 systemically in any OS notwithstanding its configuration.
    Surely driver etc execution times matter in overall system performance.
    So there should not have to be a reliance on increased memory speed,
    increased HD speed nor increased video card speed - $$$ - to help coax
    the AMD 2200+ along to realizing its optimal potential - especially
    when a given system is not configured for game-playing and such.

    Essentially then, why an AMD 2200+ 'runs' Millennium virtually
    as well as an AMD K6-550 remains a mystery to me.

    ga

    JOHN wrote:

    > "G. Adams" <esknbabecurtny@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<414BC827.4D9FEC12@worldnet.att.net>...
    > > Greetings Everybody,
    > >
    > > I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
    > > went along for the trip.
    > >
    > > My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.
    > >
    > > My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .
    > >
    > > My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.
    > >
    > > I thought there would be a significant increase in application
    > > programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
    > > appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.
    > >
    > > Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?
    > >
    > > I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
    > > why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > ga
    > Mr. Adams
    > You failed to list your specs....including memory, memory speed,
    > memory settings, bus speed ect....... OH Yeah! and you are running
    > Millenium ( Worst microsoft os to date) and you are using a 5400 rpm
    > hard drive (slow outdated) Good luck in your need for speed!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    A few years back I went from a FIC VA-503/K6II-550 to a K7VTA
    Pro/XP1800, all running W2K, and the difference between the two
    systems was noticeable and significant. Same memory, HD, etc.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Greetings Hawkeye :)

    That's the type phenomenon I expected from my AMD 2200+ over
    the AMD K6-550.

    Thanks for sharing your experience,

    ga

    Hawkeye wrote:

    > A few years back I went from a FIC VA-503/K6II-550 to a K7VTA
    > Pro/XP1800, all running W2K, and the difference between the two
    > systems was noticeable and significant. Same memory, HD, etc.

Soyo AMD Motherboards