sy-P4I865PE and prescott issues?

I hear that there is a problem with these 2 components.The motherboard
manual clearly states that it can be used with the Prescott.
What is the issue?
Is it possible to put my new machine together and download a bios upgrade
that would correct the problem?>
Should i send the motherboard back?
2 answers Last reply
More about p4i865pe prescott issues

    "eric" <eric.oo@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<9Co4d.2741$fa.1996@trndny09>...
    The problem is related to the use of the Intel 865 and 875 chipsets
    and Prescott cpu's combined with Windows XP SP-2.

    Microsoft has come out with a fix for the problem and the fix must be
    installed before updating your operating system from WinXP or WinXP
    SP-1 to WinXP with SP-2.

    The problem has come up with many motherboards, it's not just a Soyo
    problem. A new BIOS file will correct the problem but some
    manufacturers have been slow to address the problem.

    You can got to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885626&Product=winxp

    for the Microsoft fix for the problem.
    > I hear that there is a problem with these 2 components.The motherboard
    > manual clearly states that it can be used with the Prescott.
    > What is the issue?
    > Is it possible to put my new machine together and download a bios upgrade
    > that would correct the problem?>
    > Should i send the motherboard back?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    "eric" <eric.oo@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I hear that there is a problem with these 2 components.The motherboard
    > manual clearly states that it can be used with the Prescott.
    > What is the issue?

    The mobo manual go it wrong. Flashing the latest mobo BIOS may fix the
    issue. Otherwise there's an MS fix to apply before doin SP2 that will fix
    the issue.

    Even if you use the MS fix, later still flash the latest BIOS when it comes
    out.

    > Is it possible to put my new machine together and download a bios upgrade
    > that would correct the problem?>

    If not yet then expect one soon.

    > Should i send the motherboard back?

    Nope.