Is this board toast?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2004 11:47:35 AM

I just installed a Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus V2.0 and connot get video
out of it. Everything fires up...CPU fan, HDD, CD, and there is no
beeps. I moved all of the peripherals over to a KT600 Dragon Plus
V1.0 that I have and it all works there. The BIOS has been flashed,
and still nothing. Soyo hasn't returned my email yet. Any ideas??

More about : board toast

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2004 3:50:25 PM

jrossite@bellsouth.net (dishraider) wrote in message news:<7b94814c.0409240647.5aba7087@posting.google.com>...

Did the BIOS flash complete without errors? Sounds like a bad BIOS
flash. If it was a bad flash you can buy a new chip for around $15
programmed with the BIOS file you wish. If the flash copleted like it
should and you know the video card works in another board. I would say
it sounds like the agp slot is bad.

> I just installed a Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus V2.0 and connot get video
> out of it. Everything fires up...CPU fan, HDD, CD, and there is no
> beeps. I moved all of the peripherals over to a KT600 Dragon Plus
> V1.0 that I have and it all works there. The BIOS has been flashed,
> and still nothing. Soyo hasn't returned my email yet. Any ideas??
September 24, 2004 7:21:26 PM

jrossite@bellsouth.net (dishraider) wrote in message news:<7b94814c.0409240647.5aba7087@posting.google.com>...
> I just installed a Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus V2.0 and connot get video
> out of it. Everything fires up...CPU fan, HDD, CD, and there is no
> beeps. I moved all of the peripherals over to a KT600 Dragon Plus
> V1.0 that I have and it all works there. The BIOS has been flashed,
> and still nothing. Soyo hasn't returned my email yet. Any ideas??

I'm posting on Google Groups, which has a lag of several hours before
posts appear, so if somebody already answered this earlier today,
please excuse, but commonly, after flashing BIOS or installing a new
board, when you get this symptom of fans on but no beep and no video,
you have to clear CMOS. To do that, you'll be sure to disconnect the
power cable, move a jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3 for about ten seconds,
and then move the jumper back to pins 1-2, reconnect the power, and
then it will fire right up correctly. See your mobo manual to find
the jumper. If it still doesn't fire, move the CMOS jumper for a
minute. And if it still doesn't fire, you probably toasted your BIOS
chip.
!