HELP!

I have been trying for 2-3 days to install my motorola pci sm56
modem.....

It comes up as installed successfully

when i query the modem sometimes it works but most times it doesnt

most time when i try dialling out it says that hardware not detected
yet its there in the device manager.......

Has anyone else ever had any issues with these?

I think a hardware modem may be much more stable

George, first thing I would try is moving it to a different PCI slot.
"GeorgesA" <gachram@gmail.com> wrote in message
> HELP!
>
> I have been trying for 2-3 days to install my motorola pci sm56
> modem.....
>
> It comes up as installed successfully
>
> when i query the modem sometimes it works but most times it doesnt
>
> most time when i try dialling out it says that hardware not detected
> yet its there in the device manager.......
>
> Has anyone else ever had any issues with these?
>
> I think a hardware modem may be much more stable

Georges, I had a very similar problem with this modem. My tech told me to
move the modem to a different COM port. This worked for me.
Yes, a hardware modem should be expected to be stable, when properly
installed in a healthy system.