Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Installed Maxtor 250GB hard drive but when I select drive properties in "my
computer" the drive is listed as a 127GB size What happend to the other half
of my drive space.This is a SATA drive an am also runnig two parallel drives
that show the correct size.
--
Thanks

You have SP1 installed yet?

| You have SP1 installed yet?
|
| Dave wrote:
|
| > Installed Maxtor 250GB hard drive but when I select drive properties in
"my
| > computer" the drive is listed as a 127GB size What happend to the other
half
| > of my drive space.This is a SATA drive an am also runnig two parallel
drives
| > that show the correct size.

The operating system only recognizes 128 GB or 137 GB of my large capacity
drive.

http://maxtor.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/maxtor.cfg/php/enduser/olh_adp.php?p_faqid=960

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Does your BIOS support drives of that size? Is there an update available for
the BIOS?

> Installed Maxtor 250GB hard drive but when I select drive properties in
> "my
> computer" the drive is listed as a 127GB size What happend to the other
> half
> of my drive space.This is a SATA drive an am also runnig two parallel
> drives
> that show the correct size.
> --
> Thanks

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thanks

"Bob I" wrote:

> You have SP1 installed yet?
>
> Dave wrote:
>
> > Installed Maxtor 250GB hard drive but when I select drive properties in "my
> > computer" the drive is listed as a 127GB size What happend to the other half
> > of my drive space.This is a SATA drive an am also runnig two parallel drives
> > that show the correct size.
>
> No. I just loaded an older version of XP home and the only service pack still available is SP2

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thanks

"Jerry" wrote:

> Does your BIOS support drives of that size? Is there an update available for
> the BIOS?
>
> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Installed Maxtor 250GB hard drive but when I select drive properties in
> > "my
> > computer" the drive is listed as a 127GB size What happend to the other
> > half
> > of my drive space.This is a SATA drive an am also runnig two parallel
> > drives
> > that show the correct size.
> > --
> > Thanks
>

> I would not know how to check if it does or not. Any suggestions would be great.

Maxtor Big disk enabeler for window, I am using a 200 gig and I had to
run the program to get Windows XP pro to use the entire disk space.
Web Page is: http://tinyurl.com/6qxg6

--
virgillocklairPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thanks

"virgillocklair" wrote:

> Maxtor Big disk enabeler for window, I am using a 200 gig and I had to
> run the program to get Windows XP pro to use the entire disk space.
> Web Page is: http://tinyurl.com/6qxg6
>

> --
> virgillocklairPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
>
> Just loaded Maxtor bigdrive enabler and still only 127 Gb space available out of 250. Seems a shame no one warns you about this before you hand over the money for the extra capacity. I feel ripped off.

You have to install the Big disk software before you install the drive.

--
virgillocklairPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access