unable to install xerox M950 onto xp

Please can someone help just had window xp installed and now unable to
install my printer

Hi,

After two days trying to re-install Xerox M950 to my XP SP2 machine, I
finally found the correct method. :D

Just follow the instructions on the Xerox driver download site:
http://tinyurl.com/avln3

Instructions:
http://tinyurl.com/969vy

Also read and follow this link: How to Resolve USB Communication
Problems
http://tinyurl.com/8a42x)

And under the heading: Make Sure the USB Driver is Installed
http://tinyurl.com/brrj4)

Follow the instructions for XP to #7:
You may not see anything to "Other Devices," if so, just click to
expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers." If you see "Xerox WorkCentre
M950," then the printer should work fine. :)

If not, you may see an entry as "USB virtual printer support" or
something similar.
Click it with the mouse right button and select "*Properties*."
Select the "Driver" tab, and click on "Update Driver" button.
The "Hardware Update Wizard" will pop up, select "Yes, this time only"
and click "Next."
Select "install from a list or specific location (advanced)" and click
"Next."
Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and click
"Next."
Check "Show compatible hardware" to select "Xerox WorkCentre M950" and
click "Next."
Click "Continue anyway" if a dialog box pops up.
When another dialog box appears that askes for "XWMSUSB.SYS," use
"Browse" button to find where you install the driver, such as:
"C:\Program Files\xerox\Xerox WorkCentre M940-M950\System" and click
"OK."
When it's done, click "Finish" and you should see the driver has been
updated to "Xerox WorkCentre M950." Click "Close" to complete the
update processes.
Now you should able to see "Xerox WorkCentre M950" under "Universal
Serial Bus controllers" in the Device Manager.

Test the printer with Xerox's Diagonstics tool.

Not so bad, isn't it? ;)

Good luck with the installation!

--
imhamster
imhamster's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1564

Amended to my previous post:

When you are at:
Check "Show compatible hardware" to select "Xerox WorkCentre M950" and
click "Next."

If you don't see "Xerox WorkCentre M950," use the "Have Disk" button to
find where the INF file is, such as "C:\Program Files\xerox\Xerox
WorkCentre M940-M950\System." Then click "Next" and follow my previous
post.

;)