Startup Problems

Tags:
  • Windows XP
May 13, 2005 2:04:03 PM

Hi There,

During startup, (before Windows is loaded) my other pc, says

Pri Master HDD Error
Pri Slave Drive ATAPI Incompativle
Run Setup
Press F1 to Continue,

After I press F1, 2 mins later it then says :-

Intel UNDI, PXE-1.0 (Build Dev)
Copyright (C) 1997, 1998 Intel Coroporation

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable.

Press CTRL + T to try again.

When I Press those keys, the same thing happens,

I know theres a lot of info there, but I would be very grateful if any of
you could share some light on the subject,

Thank You Very Much,

From Porthos.

More about : startup problems

May 13, 2005 7:24:41 PM

Porthos wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> During startup, (before Windows is loaded) my other pc, says
>
> Pri Master HDD Error
> Pri Slave Drive ATAPI Incompativle
> Run Setup
> Press F1 to Continue,
>
> After I press F1, 2 mins later it then says :-
>
> Intel UNDI, PXE-1.0 (Build Dev)
> Copyright (C) 1997, 1998 Intel Coroporation
>
> PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable.

<snip>

check the ide cable (as instructed)
as a first step.
unplug it and replug it...
ot replace it...
if you still get that message, then your HD is prob. bad
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 4:25:21 PM

"philo" wrote:

> Porthos wrote:
> > Hi There,
> >
> > During startup, (before Windows is loaded) my other pc, says
> >
> > Pri Master HDD Error
> > Pri Slave Drive ATAPI Incompativle
> > Run Setup
> > Press F1 to Continue,
> >
> > After I press F1, 2 mins later it then says :-
> >
> > Intel UNDI, PXE-1.0 (Build Dev)
> > Copyright (C) 1997, 1998 Intel Coroporation
> >
> > PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable.
>
> <snip>
>
> check the ide cable (as instructed)
> as a first step.
> unplug it and replug it...
> ot replace it...
> if you still get that message, then your HD is prob. bad

I've checked the cable and it's fine, ut unfortuiantly the problem still
persists,

From Porthos.
May 20, 2005 12:52:53 PM

It may seem fine, did you try a different one? The plugs can be reversed
and cause major problems. Not saying you don't know what you are doing
but if you didn't plug the ide cable in right it will give you this
error. Also it sounds like you have the primary hd on the wrong plug.
There are two per cable, two on the primary ide, two on the secondary
ide. one in the middle of each, each has an end going to the
motherboard and each has and end for hd, cdrom whatever. The primary is
nearest the edge of the motherboard, secondary is right behind it. The
top of the ide plug is primary, middle is secondary, this is per ide
cable. So hd master is top plug, slave is middle. The red stripe on the
cable should be aligned to plug in with pin 1 on the hd.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
Anonymous

Hi PCDaddy,

The problem is now resolved, the casue of it was apparntly the pink strip
was scratched due to it scraped some sharp objects during the moving of the
pc tower,

Thanks for you rhelp anyway, I will keep it and use it again if this thing
happens,

From Porthos.