nanouk

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

Hi all

For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item, button,
selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For example just to
open this new message window needed several clicks - single and double!!
Before it was the usual single click. Nothing has changed as far as I
know - certainly no new installs, etc.

Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this problem?

Thanx

nanouk

Wireless mice can have their battery run low.
If not wireless, I would still swap it out and see if the problem is still
there.
Let us know what happens.

Nanouk wrote:
> Hi all
>
> For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item,
> button, selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For
> example just to open this new message window needed several clicks -
> single and double!! Before it was the usual single click. Nothing
> has changed as far as I know - certainly no new installs, etc.
>
> Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this
> problem?
>
> Thanx
>
> nanouk

Do you have a wireless mouse?

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Nanouk" <nanouk@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item, button,
> selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For example just to
> open this new message window needed several clicks - single and double!!
> Before it was the usual single click. Nothing has changed as far as I
> know - certainly no new installs, etc.
>
> Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this problem?
>
> Thanx
>
> nanouk

nanouk

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. No I don't have a wireless mouse. I have an MS
Intellimouse Explorer 4 optical mouse. As I suspected it at first I
re-installed it but it made no difference.

I have just been through the Repair process for XP and also re-installed
SP2 - again no difference. I have also updated the mobo drivers.

I suspect a virus of some sort but the combination of Norton AV 2004, Zone
Alarm Pro, and Spybouncer all of which I am running have found nothing!
Those three run all the time but have also run AdAware as well this time.
In short nothing has worked and this is a new problem within the last day
and nothing has changed for quite some time.

Any help appreciated as I cannot figure out what is wrong.

nanouk

"T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
> Wireless mice can have their battery run low.
> If not wireless, I would still swap it out and see if the problem is still
> there.
> Let us know what happens.
>
> Nanouk wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item,
>> button, selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For
>> example just to open this new message window needed several clicks -
>> single and double!! Before it was the usual single click. Nothing
>> has changed as far as I know - certainly no new installs, etc.
>>
>> Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this
>> problem?
>>
>> Thanx
>>
>> nanouk

Try another mouse, then.

Nanouk wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Thanks for your replies. No I don't have a wireless mouse. I have
> an MS Intellimouse Explorer 4 optical mouse. As I suspected it at
> first I re-installed it but it made no difference.
>
> I have just been through the Repair process for XP and also
> re-installed SP2 - again no difference. I have also updated the mobo
> drivers.
>
> I suspect a virus of some sort but the combination of Norton AV 2004,
> Zone Alarm Pro, and Spybouncer all of which I am running have found
> nothing! Those three run all the time but have also run AdAware as
> well this time. In short nothing has worked and this is a new problem
> within the last day and nothing has changed for quite some time.
>
> Any help appreciated as I cannot figure out what is wrong.
>
> nanouk
>
> "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
>> Wireless mice can have their battery run low.
>> If not wireless, I would still swap it out and see if the problem is
>> still there.
>> Let us know what happens.
>>
>> Nanouk wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item,
>>> button, selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For
>>> example just to open this new message window needed several clicks -
>>> single and double!! Before it was the usual single click. Nothing
>>> has changed as far as I know - certainly no new installs, etc.
>>>
>>> Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this
>>> problem?
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>>
>>> nanouk

nanouk