Strange behaviour

Hi all

For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item, button,
selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For example just to
open this new message window needed several clicks - single and double!!
Before it was the usual single click. Nothing has changed as far as I
know - certainly no new installs, etc.

Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this problem?

Thanx

nanouk
5 answers Last reply
More about strange behaviour

    Do you have a wireless mouse?

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Nanouk" <nanouk@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item, button,
    > selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For example just to
    > open this new message window needed several clicks - single and double!!
    > Before it was the usual single click. Nothing has changed as far as I
    > know - certainly no new installs, etc.
    >
    > Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this problem?
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > nanouk

    Wireless mice can have their battery run low.
    If not wireless, I would still swap it out and see if the problem is still
    there.
    Let us know what happens.

    Nanouk wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item,
    > button, selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For
    > example just to open this new message window needed several clicks -
    > single and double!! Before it was the usual single click. Nothing
    > has changed as far as I know - certainly no new installs, etc.
    >
    > Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this
    > problem?
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > nanouk

    Hi all

    Thanks for your replies. No I don't have a wireless mouse. I have an MS
    Intellimouse Explorer 4 optical mouse. As I suspected it at first I
    re-installed it but it made no difference.

    I have just been through the Repair process for XP and also re-installed
    SP2 - again no difference. I have also updated the mobo drivers.

    I suspect a virus of some sort but the combination of Norton AV 2004, Zone
    Alarm Pro, and Spybouncer all of which I am running have found nothing!
    Those three run all the time but have also run AdAware as well this time.
    In short nothing has worked and this is a new problem within the last day
    and nothing has changed for quite some time.

    Any help appreciated as I cannot figure out what is wrong.

    nanouk

    "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    > Wireless mice can have their battery run low.
    > If not wireless, I would still swap it out and see if the problem is still
    > there.
    > Let us know what happens.
    >
    > Nanouk wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item,
    >> button, selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For
    >> example just to open this new message window needed several clicks -
    >> single and double!! Before it was the usual single click. Nothing
    >> has changed as far as I know - certainly no new installs, etc.
    >>
    >> Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this
    >> problem?
    >>
    >> Thanx
    >>
    >> nanouk

    Try another mouse, then.

    Nanouk wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > Thanks for your replies. No I don't have a wireless mouse. I have
    > an MS Intellimouse Explorer 4 optical mouse. As I suspected it at
    > first I re-installed it but it made no difference.
    >
    > I have just been through the Repair process for XP and also
    > re-installed SP2 - again no difference. I have also updated the mobo
    > drivers.
    >
    > I suspect a virus of some sort but the combination of Norton AV 2004,
    > Zone Alarm Pro, and Spybouncer all of which I am running have found
    > nothing! Those three run all the time but have also run AdAware as
    > well this time. In short nothing has worked and this is a new problem
    > within the last day and nothing has changed for quite some time.
    >
    > Any help appreciated as I cannot figure out what is wrong.
    >
    > nanouk
    >
    > "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    >> Wireless mice can have their battery run low.
    >> If not wireless, I would still swap it out and see if the problem is
    >> still there.
    >> Let us know what happens.
    >>
    >> Nanouk wrote:
    >>> Hi all
    >>>
    >>> For the past day I now find that I need to click any menu item,
    >>> button, selection, etc several times for anything to happen. For
    >>> example just to open this new message window needed several clicks -
    >>> single and double!! Before it was the usual single click. Nothing
    >>> has changed as far as I know - certainly no new installs, etc.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone any ideas what might have changed or how to sort this
    >>> problem?
    >>>
    >>> Thanx
    >>>
    >>> nanouk

    Hi

    Thanks all.

    It works fine now with a new mouse!!

    > Try another mouse, then.
    >
    > Nanouk wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> Thanks for your replies. No I don't have a wireless mouse. I have
    >> an MS Intellimouse Explorer 4 optical mouse. As I suspected it at
    >> first I re-installed it but it made no difference.
    >>
    >> I have just been through the Repair process for XP and also
    >> re-installed SP2 - again no difference. I have also updated the mobo
    >> drivers.
    >>
    >> I suspect a virus of some sort but the combination of Norton AV 2004,
    >> Zone Alarm Pro, and Spybouncer all of which I am running have found
    >> nothing! Those three run all the time but have also run AdAware as
    >> well this time. In short nothing has worked and this is a new problem
    >> within the last day and nothing has changed for quite some time.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated as I cannot figure out what is wrong.
    >>
    >> nanouk
    >>
    >> "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    >>> Wireless mice can have their battery run low.
    >>> If not wireless, I would still swap it out and see if the problem is
    >>> still there.

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP