SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 new machine wont boot

I just put this machine together and she does nothing when i hit the power
button.
It may be that i bought a P4 3.2 ghz Prescott) to go along with it.
I dont know what level of bios is on the new motherboard and i am thinking
that it may not able to recognize the 3.2 ghz cpu.
I put in a stick of pc3200 (256meg) memory that i know is good.
I also used my Geforce TI4600 video card.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about p4i865pe dragon machine wont boot

    "eric" <eric.oo@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<Hyf7d.212$MU6.127@trndny08>...

    The 3.2GHz Prescott is supported by the board. If you have just put
    the system together and nothing happens when you push the power
    button. First make sure your power switch wires are connected to the
    proper connectors on the motherboard. Second make sure you have an ATX
    12V power supply and that both the 20 pin connector and the 4 pin
    connectors are plugged into the motherboard.
    If you have confirmed both of those steps then remove the motherboard
    from the case and lay it on a non conductive surface and connect the
    power supply with only the vidoe card and memory in the board. Hook up
    your power switch to the motherboard or if the wires are to short just
    jump the two connectors on the motherboard with a screw driver. If it
    powers up, your motherboard was shorting out to the case. If it
    doesn't power up take your power supply and have that tested.

    > I just put this machine together and she does nothing when i hit the power
    > button.
    > It may be that i bought a P4 3.2 ghz Prescott) to go along with it.
    > I dont know what level of bios is on the new motherboard and i am thinking
    > that it may not able to recognize the 3.2 ghz cpu.
    > I put in a stick of pc3200 (256meg) memory that i know is good.
    > I also used my Geforce TI4600 video card.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks in advance.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    eric,
    I have the same board and processor. Double check your CMOS reset
    jumper. If it's on the wrong pins, no power will be applied to the
    board. If you get it up and running, let me know if it detects your
    processor as 3.2ghz or 2.8ghz. Mine seems to detect at POST as 2
    2.8ghz processors, but then shows as 2 3.2ghz in device manager.

    "eric" <eric.oo@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<Hyf7d.212$MU6.127@trndny08>...
    > I just put this machine together and she does nothing when i hit the power
    > button.
    > It may be that i bought a P4 3.2 ghz Prescott) to go along with it.
    > I dont know what level of bios is on the new motherboard and i am thinking
    > that it may not able to recognize the 3.2 ghz cpu.
    > I put in a stick of pc3200 (256meg) memory that i know is good.
    > I also used my Geforce TI4600 video card.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks in advance.

Motherboards