SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 new machine wont boot

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
October 1, 2004 8:26:15 PM

I just put this machine together and she does nothing when i hit the power
button.
It may be that i bought a P4 3.2 ghz Prescott) to go along with it.
I dont know what level of bios is on the new motherboard and i am thinking
that it may not able to recognize the 3.2 ghz cpu.
I put in a stick of pc3200 (256meg) memory that i know is good.
I also used my Geforce TI4600 video card.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 2, 2004 1:42:42 PM

"eric" <eric.oo@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<Hyf7d.212$MU6.127@trndny08>...

The 3.2GHz Prescott is supported by the board. If you have just put
the system together and nothing happens when you push the power
button. First make sure your power switch wires are connected to the
proper connectors on the motherboard. Second make sure you have an ATX
12V power supply and that both the 20 pin connector and the 4 pin
connectors are plugged into the motherboard.
If you have confirmed both of those steps then remove the motherboard
from the case and lay it on a non conductive surface and connect the
power supply with only the vidoe card and memory in the board. Hook up
your power switch to the motherboard or if the wires are to short just
jump the two connectors on the motherboard with a screw driver. If it
powers up, your motherboard was shorting out to the case. If it
doesn't power up take your power supply and have that tested.

> I just put this machine together and she does nothing when i hit the power
> button.
> It may be that i bought a P4 3.2 ghz Prescott) to go along with it.
> I dont know what level of bios is on the new motherboard and i am thinking
> that it may not able to recognize the 3.2 ghz cpu.
> I put in a stick of pc3200 (256meg) memory that i know is good.
> I also used my Geforce TI4600 video card.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 21, 2004 10:48:15 AM

eric,
I have the same board and processor. Double check your CMOS reset
jumper. If it's on the wrong pins, no power will be applied to the
board. If you get it up and running, let me know if it detects your
processor as 3.2ghz or 2.8ghz. Mine seems to detect at POST as 2
2.8ghz processors, but then shows as 2 3.2ghz in device manager.

!