P4 Socket 775, SATA HD, Won't boot!

I just put together a brand new computer, it's a 3.2GHz P4 with Socket 775
Prescott. The motherboard is an intel D915GAVL which I was told my microsoft
is compatable with the CPU. I was originally having issues with the CPU so I
sent it back, but now problems are still occuring. When I turn on the
computer, I can get into the bios and whatever else. but only for about a
minute or 3 minutes at most, then the computer will out of the blue lock up
completely. I got into the bios hardware monitor and watched it as this
happends, the temperature appears to be perfectly find and had no problems
when it locked up. I do not know why this is happening but i'm hoping someone
can help me out. I can't even install Windows XP without it locking up.

Also. When I was able to get up the windows install screen before it locked
up, it had an error, which i'd assume was because of the SATA hard drive.
it's a Western Digital WD2000JD Drive, what do I do to let windows see it? I
can see the drive in the system bios on boot.
1 answer Last reply
More about socket sata boot

    You went to the wrong place for CPU/Motherboard compatibility - MS makes
    software and some miscellaneous hardware, such as mice, keyboards, joysticks
    and the such - not major hardware.

    There is good source that will be good for you to research:
    http://www.intel.com since both hardware pieces are Intel, a P4 Socket 775
    Prescott CPU and motherboard.

    Just a guess, either something is not connected or configured correctly,
    again a good reason to review your motherboard and CPU information, either
    the physical documentation that accompanied both pieces of hardware or
    online, at the site I mentioned above.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Lucas" <Lucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just put together a brand new computer, it's a 3.2GHz P4 with Socket 775
    > Prescott. The motherboard is an intel D915GAVL which I was told my
    > microsoft
    > is compatable with the CPU. I was originally having issues with the CPU so
    > sent it back, but now problems are still occuring. When I turn on the
    > computer, I can get into the bios and whatever else. but only for about a
    > minute or 3 minutes at most, then the computer will out of the blue lock
    > up
    > completely. I got into the bios hardware monitor and watched it as this
    > happends, the temperature appears to be perfectly find and had no problems
    > when it locked up. I do not know why this is happening but i'm hoping
    > someone
    > can help me out. I can't even install Windows XP without it locking up.
    >

    > Also. When I was able to get up the windows install screen before it
    > locked
    > up, it had an error, which i'd assume was because of the SATA hard drive.
    > it's a Western Digital WD2000JD Drive, what do I do to let windows see it?
    > can see the drive in the system bios on boot.

Windows XP