Mitsubishi DV648UT scanner

I recently had trouble with my broadband connection and had to reformat my
harddrive and re install Windows XP Pro Sp2 and all my hardware and
software, all went well untill I tried to reinstall my Mitsubishi DV648UT
scanner (same as Acer 620U), I now get the message "Read image data failure!
Please restart the scanner Code[2882:1118]". I have removed and reinstalled
the driver numerous times with no success. I also tried the Acer driver, but
still got the same message.

Can anyone help me?

Don
5 answers Last reply
More about mitsubishi dv648ut scanner

    DON HARDIE wrote:
    > I recently had trouble with my broadband connection and had to
    > reformat my harddrive and re install Windows XP Pro Sp2 and all my
    > hardware and software, all went well untill I tried to reinstall my
    > Mitsubishi DV648UT scanner (same as Acer 620U), I now get the message
    > "Read image data failure! Please restart the scanner
    > Code[2882:1118]". I have removed and reinstalled the driver numerous
    > times with no success. I also tried the Acer driver, but still got
    > the same message.
    > Can anyone help me?
    > Don

    Googled the code - 2882:1118
    I found this:
    "It seems there are a lot of people with the same problem. I found a
    **SOLUTION** in this forum in french
    (http://www.pc-tests.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=116773).
    The only thing I had to do after installing-reinstalling-updating-etc... was
    to substitute my Stiasp.dll in WINNT (I'm using Win 2K) with the one
    provided at this URL:
    http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com....can/Stiaspi.exe
    Don, my Google results are located at:
    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&as_qdr=all&q=xp+%222
    882%3A1118%22&btnG=Search
    This site had the forum:
    treiber-forum.de Hardware-Community - Scannerproblem - [ Translate this
    page ]
    You may want to translate the page, for context, although the answer quoted
    above was originally posted in English.

    Thanks for your suggestion.

    I tried that but it didn't work. I found there were two stiaspi.dll files on
    my system one in Windows and one in winnt.

    The one in Windows was Ver 1.8.1.3 - 52kb and the one in winnt was Ver
    1.8.1.2 - 40 kb, the one I downloaded was Ver 1.8.1.2 - 40kb. I tried with
    Ver 1.8.1.3 in both folders and also the downloaded Ver 1.8.1.2, and I still
    got the code number in both cases.

    Still open to any suggestions,
    Don

    "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    > DON HARDIE wrote:
    >> I recently had trouble with my broadband connection and had to
    >> reformat my harddrive and re install Windows XP Pro Sp2 and all my
    >> hardware and software, all went well untill I tried to reinstall my
    >> Mitsubishi DV648UT scanner (same as Acer 620U), I now get the message
    >> "Read image data failure! Please restart the scanner
    >> Code[2882:1118]". I have removed and reinstalled the driver numerous
    >> times with no success. I also tried the Acer driver, but still got
    >> the same message.
    >> Can anyone help me?
    >> Don
    >
    > Googled the code - 2882:1118
    > I found this:
    > "It seems there are a lot of people with the same problem. I found a
    > **SOLUTION** in this forum in french
    > (http://www.pc-tests.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=116773).
    > The only thing I had to do after installing-reinstalling-updating-etc...
    > was
    > to substitute my Stiasp.dll in WINNT (I'm using Win 2K) with the one
    > provided at this URL:
    > http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com....can/Stiaspi.exe
    > Don, my Google results are located at:
    > http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&as_qdr=all&q=xp+%222
    > 882%3A1118%22&btnG=Search
    > This site had the forum:
    > treiber-forum.de Hardware-Community - Scannerproblem - [ Translate this
    > page ]
    > You may want to translate the page, for context, although the answer
    > quoted
    > above was originally posted in English.

    After I made the last post I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it yet
    again. I now get another code [1282:1118], I Googled it and got a lot of
    similar questions but no answers.

    Confused
    Don
    "DON HARDIE" <donhardie@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your suggestion.
    >
    > I tried that but it didn't work. I found there were two stiaspi.dll files
    > on my system one in Windows and one in winnt.
    >
    > The one in Windows was Ver 1.8.1.3 - 52kb and the one in winnt was Ver
    > 1.8.1.2 - 40 kb, the one I downloaded was Ver 1.8.1.2 - 40kb. I tried with
    > Ver 1.8.1.3 in both folders and also the downloaded Ver 1.8.1.2, and I
    > still got the code number in both cases.
    >
    > Still open to any suggestions,
    > Don
    >

    > "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    >> DON HARDIE wrote:
    >>> I recently had trouble with my broadband connection and had to
    >>> reformat my harddrive and re install Windows XP Pro Sp2 and all my
    >>> hardware and software, all went well untill I tried to reinstall my
    >>> Mitsubishi DV648UT scanner (same as Acer 620U), I now get the message
    >>> "Read image data failure! Please restart the scanner
    >>> Code[2882:1118]". I have removed and reinstalled the driver numerous
    >>> times with no success. I also tried the Acer driver, but still got
    >>> the same message.
    >>> Can anyone help me?
    >>> Don
    >>
    >> Googled the code - 2882:1118
    >> I found this:
    >> "It seems there are a lot of people with the same problem. I found a
    >> **SOLUTION** in this forum in french
    >> (http://www.pc-tests.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=116773).
    >> The only thing I had to do after installing-reinstalling-updating-etc...
    >> was
    >> to substitute my Stiasp.dll in WINNT (I'm using Win 2K) with the one
    >> provided at this URL:
    >> http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com....can/Stiaspi.exe
    >> Don, my Google results are located at:
    >> http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&as_qdr=all&q=xp+%222
    >> 882%3A1118%22&btnG=Search
    >> This site had the forum:
    >> treiber-forum.de Hardware-Community - Scannerproblem - [ Translate this
    >> page ]
    >> You may want to translate the page, for context, although the answer
    >> quoted
    >> above was originally posted in English.

    Don, for a greater chance of getting help, feel free to post your problem
    (updated with all that you have recently tried) to:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    There are more people there, your question would not be O/T, and some of the
    folks there are quite brilliant.

    DON HARDIE wrote:
    > After I made the last post I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled
    > it yet again. I now get another code [1282:1118], I Googled it and
    > got a lot of similar questions but no answers.
    >
    > Confused
    > Don
    > "DON HARDIE" <donhardie@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Thanks for your suggestion.
    >>
    >> I tried that but it didn't work. I found there were two stiaspi.dll
    >> files on my system one in Windows and one in winnt.
    >>
    >> The one in Windows was Ver 1.8.1.3 - 52kb and the one in winnt was
    >> Ver
    >> 1.8.1.2 - 40 kb, the one I downloaded was Ver 1.8.1.2 - 40kb. I
    >> tried with Ver 1.8.1.3 in both folders and also the downloaded Ver
    >> 1.8.1.2, and I still got the code number in both cases.
    >>
    >> Still open to any suggestions,
    >> Don
    >>

    >> "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Googled the code - 2882:1118
    >>> I found this:
    >>> "It seems there are a lot of people with the same problem. I found a
    >>> **SOLUTION** in this forum in french
    >>> (http://www.pc-tests.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=116773).
    >>> The only thing I had to do after
    >>> installing-reinstalling-updating-etc... was
    >>> to substitute my Stiasp.dll in WINNT (I'm using Win 2K) with the one
    >>> provided at this URL:
    >>> http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com....can/Stiaspi.exe
    >>> Don, my Google results are located at:

    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&as_qdr=all&q=xp+%222
    >>> 882%3A1118%22&btnG=Search
    >>> This site had the forum:
    >>> treiber-forum.de Hardware-Community - Scannerproblem - [ Translate
    >>> this page ]
    >>> You may want to translate the page, for context, although the answer
    >>> quoted
    >>> above was originally posted in English.

    Thanks, I will do that. I posted it here as I thought the Hardware one was
    the place to go.

    > Don, for a greater chance of getting help, feel free to post your problem
    > (updated with all that you have recently tried) to:
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    > There are more people there, your question would not be O/T, and some of
    > the
    > folks there are quite brilliant.
    >
    > DON HARDIE wrote:
    >> After I made the last post I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled
    >> it yet again. I now get another code [1282:1118], I Googled it and
    >> got a lot of similar questions but no answers.
    >>
    >> Confused
    >> Don
    >> "DON HARDIE" <donhardie@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks for your suggestion.
    >>>
    >>> I tried that but it didn't work. I found there were two stiaspi.dll
    >>> files on my system one in Windows and one in winnt.
    >>>
    >>> The one in Windows was Ver 1.8.1.3 - 52kb and the one in winnt was
    >>> Ver
    >>> 1.8.1.2 - 40 kb, the one I downloaded was Ver 1.8.1.2 - 40kb. I
    >>> tried with Ver 1.8.1.3 in both folders and also the downloaded Ver
    >>> 1.8.1.2, and I still got the code number in both cases.
    >>>
    >>> Still open to any suggestions,
    >>> Don
    >>>

    >>> "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message

    > http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&as_qdr=all&q=xp+%222