  • Mitsubishi
  • Scanners
  • Windows XP
May 14, 2005 7:03:13 PM

I recently had trouble with my broadband connection and had to reformat my
harddrive and re install Windows XP Pro Sp2 and all my hardware and
software, all went well untill I tried to reinstall my Mitsubishi DV648UT
scanner (same as Acer 620U), I now get the message "Read image data failure!
Please restart the scanner Code[2882:1118]". I have removed and reinstalled
the driver numerous times with no success. I also tried the Acer driver, but
still got the same message.

Can anyone help me?

Don

More about : mitsubishi dv648ut scanner

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 7:03:14 PM

DON HARDIE wrote:
> I recently had trouble with my broadband connection and had to
> reformat my harddrive and re install Windows XP Pro Sp2 and all my
> hardware and software, all went well untill I tried to reinstall my
> Mitsubishi DV648UT scanner (same as Acer 620U), I now get the message
> "Read image data failure! Please restart the scanner
> Code[2882:1118]". I have removed and reinstalled the driver numerous
> times with no success. I also tried the Acer driver, but still got
> the same message.
> Can anyone help me?
> Don

Googled the code - 2882:1118
I found this:
"It seems there are a lot of people with the same problem. I found a
**SOLUTION** in this forum in french
(http://www.pc-tests.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=116773).
The only thing I had to do after installing-reinstalling-updating-etc... was
to substitute my Stiasp.dll in WINNT (I'm using Win 2K) with the one
provided at this URL:
http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com....can/Stiaspi.exe
Don, my Google results are located at:
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1...
882%3A1118%22&btnG=Search
This site had the forum:
treiber-forum.de Hardware-Community - Scannerproblem - [ Translate this
page ]
You may want to translate the page, for context, although the answer quoted
above was originally posted in English.
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 6:34:52 PM

Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried that but it didn't work. I found there were two stiaspi.dll files on
my system one in Windows and one in winnt.

The one in Windows was Ver 1.8.1.3 - 52kb and the one in winnt was Ver
1.8.1.2 - 40 kb, the one I downloaded was Ver 1.8.1.2 - 40kb. I tried with
Ver 1.8.1.3 in both folders and also the downloaded Ver 1.8.1.2, and I still
got the code number in both cases.

Still open to any suggestions,
Don

"T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
> DON HARDIE wrote:
>> I recently had trouble with my broadband connection and had to
>> reformat my harddrive and re install Windows XP Pro Sp2 and all my
>> hardware and software, all went well untill I tried to reinstall my
>> Mitsubishi DV648UT scanner (same as Acer 620U), I now get the message
>> "Read image data failure! Please restart the scanner
>> Code[2882:1118]". I have removed and reinstalled the driver numerous
>> times with no success. I also tried the Acer driver, but still got
>> the same message.
>> Can anyone help me?
>> Don
>
> Googled the code - 2882:1118
> I found this:
> "It seems there are a lot of people with the same problem. I found a
> **SOLUTION** in this forum in french
> (http://www.pc-tests.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=116773).
> The only thing I had to do after installing-reinstalling-updating-etc...
> was
> to substitute my Stiasp.dll in WINNT (I'm using Win 2K) with the one
> provided at this URL:
> http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com....can/Stiaspi.exe
> Don, my Google results are located at:
> http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1...
> 882%3A1118%22&btnG=Search
> This site had the forum:
> treiber-forum.de Hardware-Community - Scannerproblem - [ Translate this
> page ]
> You may want to translate the page, for context, although the answer
> quoted
> above was originally posted in English.

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 7:39:28 PM

After I made the last post I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it yet
again. I now get another code [1282:1118], I Googled it and got a lot of
similar questions but no answers.

Confused
Don
"DON HARDIE" <donhardie@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> Thanks for your suggestion.
>
> I tried that but it didn't work. I found there were two stiaspi.dll files
> on my system one in Windows and one in winnt.
>
> The one in Windows was Ver 1.8.1.3 - 52kb and the one in winnt was Ver
> 1.8.1.2 - 40 kb, the one I downloaded was Ver 1.8.1.2 - 40kb. I tried with
> Ver 1.8.1.3 in both folders and also the downloaded Ver 1.8.1.2, and I
> still got the code number in both cases.
>
> Still open to any suggestions,
> Don
>

> "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
>> DON HARDIE wrote:
>>> I recently had trouble with my broadband connection and had to
>>> reformat my harddrive and re install Windows XP Pro Sp2 and all my
>>> hardware and software, all went well untill I tried to reinstall my
>>> Mitsubishi DV648UT scanner (same as Acer 620U), I now get the message
>>> "Read image data failure! Please restart the scanner
>>> Code[2882:1118]". I have removed and reinstalled the driver numerous
>>> times with no success. I also tried the Acer driver, but still got
>>> the same message.
>>> Can anyone help me?
>>> Don
>>
>> Googled the code - 2882:1118
>> I found this:
>> "It seems there are a lot of people with the same problem. I found a
>> **SOLUTION** in this forum in french
>> (http://www.pc-tests.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=116773).
>> The only thing I had to do after installing-reinstalling-updating-etc...
>> was
>> to substitute my Stiasp.dll in WINNT (I'm using Win 2K) with the one
>> provided at this URL:
>> http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com....can/Stiaspi.exe
>> Don, my Google results are located at:
>> http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1...
>> 882%3A1118%22&btnG=Search
>> This site had the forum:
>> treiber-forum.de Hardware-Community - Scannerproblem - [ Translate this
>> page ]
>> You may want to translate the page, for context, although the answer
>> quoted
>> above was originally posted in English.

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 7:39:29 PM

Don, for a greater chance of getting help, feel free to post your problem
(updated with all that you have recently tried) to:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
There are more people there, your question would not be O/T, and some of the
folks there are quite brilliant.

DON HARDIE wrote:
> After I made the last post I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled
> it yet again. I now get another code [1282:1118], I Googled it and
> got a lot of similar questions but no answers.
>
> Confused
> Don
> "DON HARDIE" <donhardie@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your suggestion.
>>
>> I tried that but it didn't work. I found there were two stiaspi.dll
>> files on my system one in Windows and one in winnt.
>>
>> The one in Windows was Ver 1.8.1.3 - 52kb and the one in winnt was
>> Ver
>> 1.8.1.2 - 40 kb, the one I downloaded was Ver 1.8.1.2 - 40kb. I
>> tried with Ver 1.8.1.3 in both folders and also the downloaded Ver
>> 1.8.1.2, and I still got the code number in both cases.
>>
>> Still open to any suggestions,
>> Don
>>

>> "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Googled the code - 2882:1118
>>> I found this:
>>> "It seems there are a lot of people with the same problem. I found a
>>> **SOLUTION** in this forum in french
>>> (http://www.pc-tests.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=116773).
>>> The only thing I had to do after
>>> installing-reinstalling-updating-etc... was
>>> to substitute my Stiasp.dll in WINNT (I'm using Win 2K) with the one
>>> provided at this URL:
>>> http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com....can/Stiaspi.exe
>>> Don, my Google results are located at:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1...
>>> 882%3A1118%22&btnG=Search
>>> This site had the forum:
>>> treiber-forum.de Hardware-Community - Scannerproblem - [ Translate
>>> this page ]
>>> You may want to translate the page, for context, although the answer
>>> quoted
>>> above was originally posted in English.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 8:05:17 PM

Thanks, I will do that. I posted it here as I thought the Hardware one was
the place to go.

!