how to configure IEEE 1394

I own a SOYO SY-P4VP. Specifications of this board on soyo's website
at
> http://www.soyo.com.tw/products/proddesc.php?id=282
indicate availability of IEEE 1394 port on this mother board..
> " Onboard VIA 6306 chip, provide 3 * IEEE 1394 ports
> (optional)"

Product manual also shows a IEEE 1394 port at page 5 of 32.

However, I do not see any information on how to configure this port
(or the drivers thereof). Would someone please write me instructions
on configuring this port. Other details are
> OS: WIn98SE
> RAM: 512 MB
> CPU: Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz
PS: SOyo tech support has advised me to use Win-XP SP2. However I am
still wondering which physical port will I use once I use Win-XP

Thanks

goyald@gmail.com (dk) wrote in message news:<facb5f59.0410201107.3afa9612@posting.google.com>...

I don't believe your motherboard has a Firewire port, page 5 does say
1394USB next to what appears to be two USB ports just under the PS/2
connectors for the keyboard and mouse. But the drawing shows two
identical ports, USB & 1394 Firewire are not identical. The two ports
have a completely different layout, so look at the board. If the two
look the same then there both USB.

If so and you still need 1394 Firewire connections, you can buy the
PCI Firewire add on cards fairly cheap. New Egg has them for as low as
$11.

Firewire support was included in Windows starting with Win98SE so if
your board had one it should have been detected during the
installation of 98SE. There should be no need for additional drivers
for 1394 support.