How to change CPU Ratio after upgrading CPU

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I upgraded from a Celron 1.7, to a Celeron 2.4 on a Biostar U8788.

On bootup it regconizes the CPU as a 2.4 and then goes to a screen
that tells me the CPU ratio has changed and needs to be set up and
saved in BIOS.

If I exite I can boot into Window XP and everything is perfect.

How do I change the CPU ratio so I don't get this message on startup?
I thought the new chip would have detected automaticlly.

Any help would be appreciated

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

cradle2003@hotmail.com (Michael) wrote in message news:<c6144ae3.0410231020.5263205a@posting.google.com>...
> I upgraded from a Celron 1.7, to a Celeron 2.4 on a Biostar U8788.
>
> On bootup it regconizes the CPU as a 2.4 and then goes to a screen
> that tells me the CPU ratio has changed and needs to be set up and
> saved in BIOS.
>
> If I exite I can boot into Window XP and everything is perfect.
>
> How do I change the CPU ratio so I don't get this message on startup?
> I thought the new chip would have detected automaticlly.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

Be best to go to the BIOSTAR website for the most accurate info.
Go into set up and make the change .The FSB times the multiplier
equals the processor speed.
Dave