Axim Foldable Keyboard Losing Letters

July 20, 2004 8:58:27 PM

Hi.

Over the past couple of weeks, the external keyboard input for a Dell
Axim has been losing the use of keys. This problem began with the
letter "a", and has since dropped the use of all letters in the first
three columns - along with the shift key and all numbers. This lack
of letter response can be confirmed as internal by use f the keyboard
testing page. At first I switched between keyboard and stylus input,
until too many keys had dropped out . I have found nothing on the Dell
forums and am wondering if this is a WiFi virus I may have picked up.
I've tried reloading the driver, but to no avail. Does this mean
that I am losing blocks of memory?

Thanks.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 3:22:41 AM

I think you are looking at a broken keyboard.

~S.

doctor_meticulous@yahoo.com (Kevin M. Kirby) wrote in

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Hey ACE - I'm very sure that you are right.

After closer examination, it seems that the lost keys are all located
on the left flap of the retracting keyboard. I can shift from the
right shift key, and only 1 & 2 are dropping from the numbers.

Now how can I fix this, I wonder...

<ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns952D553A0C6A9FearIsTheMindKiller@207.46.248.16>...
> I think you are looking at a broken keyboard.
July 23, 2004 6:25:29 PM

If this keyboard happens to still have warranty left on
it I would try returning it to service. if not, perhaps
there is a computer shop nearby that could help you
out. There are a few very thin flatcables inside your
folding keyboard and it sounds like one of them has a
few tears in it. These keyboards are a little fragile
at those points, if there is no computer shop available
that is willing to examine the possibility of repair
you may even take a long shot and find an identical
keyboard on Ebay for a small amount of money. Even if
you find a broken one, the cables inside may be useable.

> Hey ACE - I'm very sure that you are right.
>
> After closer examination, it seems that the lost keys are all located
> on the left flap of the retracting keyboard. I can shift from the
> right shift key, and only 1 & 2 are dropping from the numbers.
>
> Now how can I fix this, I wonder...

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 7:00:19 PM

hey ACE -

Flat cables are the most likely cause. I'm going to take the keyboard
apart and have a look.

Thanks again

!