Hard crashes on my new Soyo CK8 dragon +

I recently put in a new mobo and processor on my current system. I
have a Soyou CK8 Dragon + and AMD 64 3000+ processor, 1 gig of memory,
Audigy 2 (also new), ATI Radeon 9700 pro.

I get the dreaded blue screen of death while it dumps my memory(?),
not exactly sure what that is.

I usually get it playing Star Wars galaxies, but I have been noticing
it other times. I'm also seeing more frequent crashes in other games
and applications.

When I installed the new mobo and processor, I did not format my hard
drive, just reinstalled Windows XP Pro. Should I reformat?

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
Ed
1 answer Last reply
More about hard crashes soyo dragon

    eppst1@yahoo.com (Ed P) wrote in message news:<4dfa77e.0410261758.5a5f5cdf@posting.google.com>...
    > I recently put in a new mobo and processor on my current system. I
    > have a Soyou CK8 Dragon + and AMD 64 3000+ processor, 1 gig of memory,
    > Audigy 2 (also new), ATI Radeon 9700 pro.
    >
    > I get the dreaded blue screen of death while it dumps my memory(?),
    > not exactly sure what that is.
    >
    > I usually get it playing Star Wars galaxies, but I have been noticing
    > it other times. I'm also seeing more frequent crashes in other games
    > and applications.
    >
    > When I installed the new mobo and processor, I did not format my hard
    > drive, just reinstalled Windows XP Pro. Should I reformat?
    >
    > Let me know if anyone has any ideas.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ed

    REFORMAT is a must with the changes you made.
    Dave

Soyo Processors Motherboards