Hard crashes on my new Soyo CK8 dragon +

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2004 10:58:54 PM

I recently put in a new mobo and processor on my current system. I
have a Soyou CK8 Dragon + and AMD 64 3000+ processor, 1 gig of memory,
Audigy 2 (also new), ATI Radeon 9700 pro.

I get the dreaded blue screen of death while it dumps my memory(?),
not exactly sure what that is.

I usually get it playing Star Wars galaxies, but I have been noticing
it other times. I'm also seeing more frequent crashes in other games
and applications.

When I installed the new mobo and processor, I did not format my hard
drive, just reinstalled Windows XP Pro. Should I reformat?

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
Ed
October 27, 2004 8:53:31 PM

eppst1@yahoo.com (Ed P) wrote in message news:<4dfa77e.0410261758.5a5f5cdf@posting.google.com>...
> I recently put in a new mobo and processor on my current system. I
> have a Soyou CK8 Dragon + and AMD 64 3000+ processor, 1 gig of memory,
> Audigy 2 (also new), ATI Radeon 9700 pro.
>
> I get the dreaded blue screen of death while it dumps my memory(?),
> not exactly sure what that is.
>
> I usually get it playing Star Wars galaxies, but I have been noticing
> it other times. I'm also seeing more frequent crashes in other games
> and applications.
>
> When I installed the new mobo and processor, I did not format my hard
> drive, just reinstalled Windows XP Pro. Should I reformat?
>
> Let me know if anyone has any ideas.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed

REFORMAT is a must with the changes you made.
Dave
!