LeeG

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004

I am looking to change over to SATA hard drives. My motherboard accepts two
and states it supports Raid 0 & 1. Now I understand the difference
concerning the two raid formats but I am wondering if I can ignore the raid
set up and just use the drives the same as my PATA drives as stand alone
drives. I hope I have been clear enough of my intentions. Please ask if
more information is needed.

Lee

"LeeG" <LeeG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am looking to change over to SATA hard drives. My motherboard accepts
two
> and states it supports Raid 0 & 1. Now I understand the difference
> concerning the two raid formats but I am wondering if I can ignore the
raid
> set up and just use the drives the same as my PATA drives as stand alone
> drives. I hope I have been clear enough of my intentions. Please ask if
> more information is needed.

This is a motherboard issue, the information you need will
be in the manual or on the mgfr's website. But what you're trying
to do should be possible with most recent motherboards.