Additional Info: BIOS Upgrade for SY-KT600

I ran this program and it gave the following data:
Maybe this will help anyone to point me to the proper BIOS flash I require.

Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.34
BIOS Date: 08/25/03
BIOS Type: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 08/25/2003-KT600-8237-6A6LYS2HC
OEM Sign-On: K7VKP2-2AA1
Chipset: VIA 82C3189 rev 128
Superio: ITE 8705/SiS 950 rev 2 found at port 2Eh
OS: WinXP SP2
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1150 Mhz MAX: 3000 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 256K
Memory Installed: 1024 MB
Memory Maximum: 3072 MB
Memory Slot 01: 512 MB
Memory Slot 02: 512 MB
Memory Slot 03: 0 MB
2 answers Last reply
More about additional info bios upgrade kt600

    "WrAvEn" <00wraven@excite.com> wrote in message news:<Rj7id.2675$14.2214@read1.cgocable.net>...

    The question is why flash? If you look at the new BIOS files on the
    Soyo web page they list what changes have been made over the previous
    version. If there is a problem your having that the newer BIOS
    addresses or if your planning on adding new hardware the newer BIOS
    supports, then there is your answer. You simply don't flash a BIOS
    because there is a newer version out. Also the latest BIOS update
    contains all of the updates of previous versions.

    There have been many instances of people flashing BIOS files because
    they see a new one out. Then when the flash doesn't complete and there
    systems don't work at all they cry. Thats why they put that warning
    message in the manual about the risk of flashing the BIOS. It's also
    why you see add's in the news groups for companys that reflash your
    BIOS chip or want to sell you a new one. When they do it they use the
    equipment that can safely do it.

    I'm not saying you don't have the skills or the need to flash your
    BIOS file, just pointing out the risks and the idea of looking to see
    if it really adddresed something you need first.

    > I ran this program and it gave the following data:
    > Maybe this will help anyone to point me to the proper BIOS flash I require.
    >
    > Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.34
    > BIOS Date: 08/25/03
    > BIOS Type: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    > BIOS ID: 08/25/2003-KT600-8237-6A6LYS2HC
    > OEM Sign-On: K7VKP2-2AA1
    > Chipset: VIA 82C3189 rev 128
    > Superio: ITE 8705/SiS 950 rev 2 found at port 2Eh
    > OS: WinXP SP2
    > CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1150 Mhz MAX: 3000 Mhz
    > BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
    > BIOS ROM Size: 256K
    > Memory Installed: 1024 MB
    > Memory Maximum: 3072 MB
    > Memory Slot 01: 512 MB
    > Memory Slot 02: 512 MB
    > Memory Slot 03: 0 MB
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Thanks Jim B.,
    You know, sober second thought is best I believe. I read (both) your posts
    (replies) and digested what you said. I have AIDA32 Sysinfo and when I ran
    it it gave me:
    BIOS Properties
    BIOS Type Award
    Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Award BIOS Message K7VKP2-2AA1
    System BIOS Date 08/25/03
    Video BIOS Date 09/14/00

    BIOS Manufacturer
    Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
    Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm

    Problems & Suggestions
    Suggestion Video BIOS is more than 2 years old. Update it if necessary.

    I was thinking (A big mistake - gets me into trouble) perhaps I should
    upgrade my BIOS? Then after your post I thought "Why do this when Jim's
    right, everything is running perfectly on my system" so....I'm going to keep
    my meddling hands off a flash and leave well enough alone. Thanks Jim for
    making me think and for having a really good suggestion. If it ain't broke -
    don't fix it! >grin<

    Thanx - WrAvEn

    "Jim B." <j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > "WrAvEn" <00wraven@excite.com> wrote in message