  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
November 6, 2004 7:31:25 PM

I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
system.

I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer during
the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.

Wayne

More about : rebate

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 6, 2004 8:29:09 PM

wayneP wrote:
> I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
> and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
> system.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer during
> the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.
>
> Wayne

I mailed mine on the 10th of September for a Soyo K7VME Barebones Kit. I
still can't get verification when I go to www.verifyrebate.com. One
thread in here indicates that a rebate application mailed in April or
May was finally processed in mid to late October. That seems to be a
little longer <g> than 8 weeks. There is a disclaimer/info block that
says the following ---

No record was found with the given information. Please make sure you
enter the correct information that was used on the rebate form. If you
registered your rebate online, please check your status with your last
name and reference number. If you mailed in your rebate form less than 8
weeks, please try again later. If you mailed in your rebate form more
than 10 weeks, please contact us at rebate@soyousa.com for further
assistance. Please allow 1-2 business to respond to your inquiry.

----
The bad English in the quote above is not due to my editing. I'm going
to e-mail them at rebate@soyousa.com. I'm still impressed with the
product. Seems they had so many rebates that they can't keep up.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 6, 2004 11:37:28 PM

Thanx stanmc,

I think I saw that thread but I don't have it anymore. It seems that this
newsgroup automatically compacts and I lose threads more than a couple weeks
old.

I sent a note to rebates@soyousa.com today but they indicate that one should
allow 2 business days for a reply. That being the case, I don't expect a
reply before Tues or Wed.

Wayne

"stanmc" <stanmcn0spam@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> wayneP wrote:
> > I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of
August
> > and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in
their
> > system.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer
during
> > the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.
> >
> > Wayne
> >

> I mailed mine on the 10th of September for a Soyo K7VME Barebones Kit. I
> still can't get verification when I go to www.verifyrebate.com. One
> thread in here indicates that a rebate application mailed in April or
> May was finally processed in mid to late October. That seems to be a
> little longer <g> than 8 weeks. There is a disclaimer/info block that
> says the following ---
>
> No record was found with the given information. Please make sure you
> enter the correct information that was used on the rebate form. If you
> registered your rebate online, please check your status with your last
> name and reference number. If you mailed in your rebate form less than 8
> weeks, please try again later. If you mailed in your rebate form more
> than 10 weeks, please contact us at rebate@soyousa.com for further
> assistance. Please allow 1-2 business to respond to your inquiry.
>
> ----
> The bad English in the quote above is not due to my editing. I'm going
> to e-mail them at rebate@soyousa.com. I'm still impressed with the
> product. Seems they had so many rebates that they can't keep up.
Related resources
November 6, 2004 11:37:29 PM

Below is their reply to E-Mails after 21 weeks :(

We would like to apologize for the delay. Your rebate has not been
processed. Please keep checking www.verifyrebate.com to check on your
status. Thank you for your patience.

"wayneP" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Thanx stanmc,
>
> I think I saw that thread but I don't have it anymore. It seems that this
> newsgroup automatically compacts and I lose threads more than a couple
weeks
> old.
>
> I sent a note to rebates@soyousa.com today but they indicate that one
should
> allow 2 business days for a reply. That being the case, I don't expect a
> reply before Tues or Wed.
>
> Wayne
>
> "stanmc" <stanmcn0spam@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> > wayneP wrote:
> > > I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of
> August
> > > and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in
> their
> > > system.
> > >
> > > I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer
> during
> > > the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.
> > >
> > > Wayne
> > >

> > I mailed mine on the 10th of September for a Soyo K7VME Barebones Kit. I
> > still can't get verification when I go to www.verifyrebate.com. One
> > thread in here indicates that a rebate application mailed in April or
> > May was finally processed in mid to late October. That seems to be a
> > little longer <g> than 8 weeks. There is a disclaimer/info block that
> > says the following ---
> >
> > No record was found with the given information. Please make sure you
> > enter the correct information that was used on the rebate form. If you
> > registered your rebate online, please check your status with your last
> > name and reference number. If you mailed in your rebate form less than 8
> > weeks, please try again later. If you mailed in your rebate form more
> > than 10 weeks, please contact us at rebate@soyousa.com for further
> > assistance. Please allow 1-2 business to respond to your inquiry.
> >
> > ----
> > The bad English in the quote above is not due to my editing. I'm going
> > to e-mail them at rebate@soyousa.com. I'm still impressed with the
> > product. Seems they had so many rebates that they can't keep up.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 7, 2004 5:03:34 AM

Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:

"Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3 weeks
for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)

Best Regards,
Rebate Department
SOYO Inc.

"Bill" <lowline909@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Below is their reply to E-Mails after 21 weeks :(
>
> We would like to apologize for the delay. Your rebate has not been
> processed. Please keep checking www.verifyrebate.com to check on your
> status. Thank you for your patience.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 7, 2004 5:27:38 AM

I received the same email on 9/16 and the check arrived 9/27. I
originally applied on 3/29.

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:
>
> "Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3 weeks
> for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."
>
> I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)
>
> Best Regards,
> Rebate Department
> SOYO Inc.
>

> "Bill" <lowline909@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Below is their reply to E-Mails after 21 weeks :(
>>
>>We would like to apologize for the delay. Your rebate has not been
>>processed. Please keep checking www.verifyrebate.com to check on your
>>status. Thank you for your patience.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 7, 2004 7:10:37 PM

"Arnie Goetchius" <arnie.goetchius@att.net> wrote in message
>I received the same email on 9/16 and the check arrived 9/27. I originally
>applied on 3/29.
>

> dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>> Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:
>>
>> "Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3 weeks
>> for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."
>>
>> I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Rebate Department
>> SOYO Inc.

Well my fingers are crossed and so is my attitude with Soyo. lol
I have never had to wait so long for a rebate check to get to me. Seems
like almost a year. :-(
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 8, 2004 10:28:21 PM

I got my canned answer from SOYO a while ago. I miss read the fine print.
Rebates aren't due until 12-14 weeks after the postmark date of the program,
not from the date the paperwork is mailed. There were 2 rebates, one with a
date of Oct 1 and the other with a date of Oct 26. Going from this info, it
will be well into 2005, and may even approach the one year anniversary of
the purchase, before I see my rebates.

This is truly unacceptable; I have never had to wait like this for ANY
rebate. However, there isn't much to be done about this circumstance. I
happened to be looking for a P4 mobo and just stumbled on the Newegg deal
and I wasn't depending on the rebates It is highly unlikely that I will ever
buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.

Wayne

"dave AKA vwdoc1" <vwdoc1@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> "Arnie Goetchius" <arnie.goetchius@att.net> wrote in message
> >I received the same email on 9/16 and the check arrived 9/27. I
originally
> >applied on 3/29.
> >

> > dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> >> Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:
> >>
> >> "Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3
weeks
> >> for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."
> >>
> >> I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)
> >>
> >> Best Regards,
> >> Rebate Department
> >> SOYO Inc.
>

> Well my fingers are crossed and so is my attitude with Soyo. lol
> I have never had to wait so long for a rebate check to get to me. Seems
> like almost a year. :-(

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 9, 2004 2:26:47 AM

wayneP wrote:
> I got my canned answer from SOYO a while ago. I miss read the fine print.
> Rebates aren't due until 12-14 weeks after the postmark date of the program,
> not from the date the paperwork is mailed. There were 2 rebates, one with a
> date of Oct 1 and the other with a date of Oct 26. Going from this info, it
> will be well into 2005, and may even approach the one year anniversary of
> the purchase, before I see my rebates.
>
> This is truly unacceptable; I have never had to wait like this for ANY
> rebate. However, there isn't much to be done about this circumstance. I
> happened to be looking for a P4 mobo and just stumbled on the Newegg deal
> and I wasn't depending on the rebates It is highly unlikely that I will ever
> buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.
>
> Wayne

---snip---

I am glad to some degree that I didn't know this up front or I might not
have bought the K7VME Barebones kit. -;) I'm very pleased with the product.

How is your P4 Mobo working out?

The Athlon board and case with keyboard and mouse are working just fine.
The purchase price was $109.99 plus ship/handling and tax $132.71. $90
rebate makes it $42.71.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 9, 2004 1:40:28 PM

stanmc,

I haven't installed the board yet although I have everything I need except
the cpu to build a P4 system during the Winter. I haven't made up my mind
between a P4 Northwood, aP4 Prescott and a Celeron D, but if I wait much
longer I may not find a reasonably priced Northwood core cpu. Since I don't
do any gaming or graphics intensive computing, the Celeron Ds will probably
be more than adequate. They are fairly inexpensive and are apparently very
forgiving of overclocking.

> wayneP wrote:
> > I got my canned answer from SOYO a while ago. I miss read the fine
print.
> > Rebates aren't due until 12-14 weeks after the postmark date of the
program,
> > not from the date the paperwork is mailed. There were 2 rebates, one
with a
> > date of Oct 1 and the other with a date of Oct 26. Going from this info,
it
> > will be well into 2005, and may even approach the one year anniversary
of
> > the purchase, before I see my rebates.
> >
> > This is truly unacceptable; I have never had to wait like this for ANY
> > rebate. However, there isn't much to be done about this circumstance. I
> > happened to be looking for a P4 mobo and just stumbled on the Newegg
deal
> > and I wasn't depending on the rebates It is highly unlikely that I will
ever
> > buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> ---snip---
>
> I am glad to some degree that I didn't know this up front or I might not
> have bought the K7VME Barebones kit. -;) I'm very pleased with the
product.

> How is your P4 Mobo working out?
>
> The Athlon board and case with keyboard and mouse are working just fine.
> The purchase price was $109.99 plus ship/handling and tax $132.71. $90
> rebate makes it $42.71.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 10, 2004 5:12:36 AM

"wayneP" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:p NPjd.89757$l07.74531@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
snip
> It is highly unlikely that I will ever
> buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.

I think that this is the general feeling among those that have not received
their rebates yet and I am in that group too. lol

But so far my Soyo computer seems to be doing fine!

later,
dave
November 10, 2004 2:53:54 PM

I agree with those who won't buy again. I bought 2 Soyo boards. There is $70
out there and who knows if I will ever get it. Their cryptic e-mail on one
board is little comfort.
The P41 845PE seems to be running OK, but the 7VME seems to be suffering
from a USB problem. I am hesitant to update the BIOS from 2AA2 to 2AA4
mainly because I did not put a floppy in my latest build.

"dave AKA vwdoc1" <NO_vwdoc1_SPAM_@hotmail.com_PLEASE> wrote in message
news:o Oekd.27675$Qv5.4926@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...

> "wayneP" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> news:p NPjd.89757$l07.74531@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> snip
>> It is highly unlikely that I will ever
>> buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.
>
> I think that this is the general feeling among those that have not
> received
> their rebates yet and I am in that group too. lol
>
> But so far my Soyo computer seems to be doing fine!
>
> later,
> dave

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 12, 2004 2:23:32 AM

>From: "wayneP" me@privacy.net

>I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
>and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
>system.

I haven't received my rebate either. It seems Soyo and its rebate center have
a very bad history :(
They are now advertising another Soyo board with a rebate. Even though I could
use it, I don't feel like waiting 6 months to a year to get a rebate, if it
would come at all.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 13, 2004 8:50:42 PM

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:28:21 GMT, "wayneP" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>I got my canned answer from SOYO a while ago. I miss read the fine print.
>Rebates aren't due until 12-14 weeks after the postmark date of the program,
>not from the date the paperwork is mailed. There were 2 rebates, one with a
>date of Oct 1 and the other with a date of Oct 26. Going from this info, it
>will be well into 2005, and may even approach the one year anniversary of
>the purchase, before I see my rebates.
>
>This is truly unacceptable; I have never had to wait like this for ANY
>rebate. However, there isn't much to be done about this circumstance. I
>happened to be looking for a P4 mobo and just stumbled on the Newegg deal
>and I wasn't depending on the rebates It is highly unlikely that I will ever
>buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.

Its easy,dont buy items which offer "rebate after sending in a mail
coupon".

Why pay 50% too much,then got the money back...
Dealing 4 month with an rebate,will you cost too much time.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 14, 2004 12:46:12 AM

"Sayso Takewashi" <Sayso_Takewashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message

snip

> Why pay 50% too much,then got the money back...
> Dealing 4 month with an rebate,will you cost too much time.

I think it can be similar to gambling, esp with Soyo rebates! lol
Still waiting and hoping to win big from Soyo!
If and when I do get my check(s) it will be like free money.
At least we have something to show for our money spent and I am using mine
now! :-)

A lot of quasi-happy and now "non-loyal" Soyo customers will probably not
buy again from Soyo and I think that I am one of them.

JMHO
dave
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 16, 2004 7:03:55 PM

They are getting alot of rebates out everyday. Yours are coming,
please excuse any delay that you are experiencing. Also, they have the
Dragon 2 on the Soyo e-store site for $84.99 no rebate required!
shop.soyousa.com

darnit7@aol.comnolitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message news:<20041111182332.08086.00000589@mb-m05.aol.com>...
> >From: "wayneP" me@privacy.net
>

> >I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
> >and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
> >system.
>
> I haven't received my rebate either. It seems Soyo and its rebate center have
> a very bad history :(
> They are now advertising another Soyo board with a rebate. Even though I could
> use it, I don't feel like waiting 6 months to a year to get a rebate, if it
> would come at all.
November 17, 2004 1:19:08 PM

On 16 Nov 2004 16:03:55 -0800, stevem@soyousa.com (nightsurfer) wrote
"Re: Rebate":

>They are getting alot of rebates out everyday. Yours are coming,
>please excuse any delay that you are experiencing. Also, they have the
>Dragon 2 on the Soyo e-store site for $84.99 no rebate required!

Delay???? You call this a delay? I call 6 months and no rebate a
SCAM! That is exactly what I stated in my complaint to the California
Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 17, 2004 4:56:10 PM

wayneP wrote:
> I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
> and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
> system.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer during
> the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.
>
> Wayne

Mailed my rebate for the K7VME barebones kit on 10 Sept 2004 and
yesterday I got word that the first rebate (from onrebate.com) for $20
was approved and would be received in a 7-14 days. Things are looking
up. Maybe the rest of the rebates $50 and $20 will be received before
the holiday bills come in. I got my equipment and "rebate" offer from
Tiger-Direct.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2004 10:29:08 PM

>From: stevem@soyousa.com (nightsurfer)

>darnit7@aol.comnolitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message
>> >From: "wayneP" me@privacy.net
>>

>> >I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of
>August
>> >and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in
>their
>> >system.
>>
>> I haven't received my rebate either. It seems Soyo and its rebate center
>have
>> a very bad history :(
>> They are now advertising another Soyo board with a rebate. Even though I
>could
>> use it, I don't feel like waiting 6 months to a year to get a rebate, if it
>> would come at all.
>

>They are getting alot of rebates out everyday. Yours are coming,
>please excuse any delay that you are experiencing.

Thanks, I really do appreciate your response and I'm looking forward to my
rebate.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2004 1:27:03 PM

On 16 Nov 2004 16:03:55 -0800, stevem@soyousa.com (nightsurfer) wrote:

>They are getting alot of rebates out everyday. Yours are coming,
>please excuse any delay that you are experiencing. Also, they have the
>Dragon 2 on the Soyo e-store site for $84.99 no rebate required!
>shop.soyousa.com

>darnit7@aol.comnolitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message news:<20041111182332.08086.00000589@mb-m05.aol.com>...
>> >From: "wayneP" me@privacy.net
>> >I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
>> >and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
>> >system.
>> I haven't received my rebate either. It seems Soyo and its rebate center have
>> a very bad history :(
>> They are now advertising another Soyo board with a rebate. Even though I could
>> use it, I don't feel like waiting 6 months to a year to get a rebate, if it
>> would come at all.

Still nothing and I can't registor on the site because the P4I865PE isn't even
on the list.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 14, 2004 4:07:58 AM

>From: spam dump spam.target@cox.net

>Still nothing and I can't registor on the site because the P4I865PE isn't
>even
>on the list.

I just looked at my rebate form and it says 12 to 14 weeks after 10/26/04, so
when would that be? February or something?
January 9, 2006 2:38:55 AM

SOYO rebates are a scam.
!