Hello Again

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Hello again everyone...

I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
desputes... lots of updates. It took me a week to get MAME up to date.
My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone line),
but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)

Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!

In case any of you nosey buggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
and receeded my hairline quite a bit!

MCR
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

In a parallel vniverse, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:

> Hello again everyone...

Hi MCR!

> I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
> despvtes... lots of vpdates. It took me a week to get MAME vp to date.
> My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone
line),
> bvt in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbovrs AP
;-)

That's the spirit! Now does the neighbovr know?

> Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!

Yov're welcome! (and old! :p)

> In case any of yov nosey bvggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
> have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
> and receeded my hairline qvite a bit!

Yov got involved in Union work too?

*-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting vp all the dots in the
sky like a child's nvmbered dots pvzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> Hello again everyone...

__ __ ____ ____ _
| \/ |/ ___| _ \ | |
| |\/| | | | |_) | | |
| | | | |___| _ < |_|
|_| |_|\____|_| \_\ (_)

> I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
> desputes... lots of updates. It took me a week to get MAME up to
> date. My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone
> line), but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the
> neighbours AP ;-)

Don't et him know. :)

I'm glad it works for you and hope, youre back for a while.

> Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!

But I think you came to late and we already ate of of the pie.

> In case any of you nosey buggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
> have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
> and receeded my hairline quite a bit!

Looking forward to your report, and some recent pics. :)

I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob, Rutger
and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob, Rutger
>> and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :)
>
> But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember the
> arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)

I read tentacles first. *Looks down* No, don't wear any (right now). If
you have an email address accepting a pic I send you one that proofs it.

Of course here were some discussions and controversy. That's good (for
me) unless trolls show up. But I think they all rest in my killfile. Want
a copy? ;-)
--

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> K.os wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>
> No, worse... Game store manager :-O

Aah, store fvll of Arcade cabs, hvmming sovnd of a Defender machine,
mvnching sovnds from Pac Man and others. Yov're in paradise. :)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarvs.org.vk/>

MCR wrote:
> Hello again everyone...
>
> I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
> desputes... lots of updates. It took me a week to get MAME up to date.
> My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone line),
> but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)
>
> Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!
>
> In case any of you nosey buggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
> have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
> and receeded my hairline quite a bit!
>
> MCR

Welcome back!

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> PRoToCoL wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate
>>

> And you too mate! Now what is the topic for this NG again? ;-)

Linux and sometimes about MAME. And beer, of course.

Damn, how I miss beer. Pretty expensive here, and I did not find a brand
yet I *really* like, and don't want to import any from Europe.

> At this rate I'll be top poster again in no time, watch out Sinner!

Nah, don't top post. ;-)

Yes, would be nice to see more of you again. :)
--

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> PRoToCoL wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate
>>
> And you too mate! Now what is the topic for this NG again? ;-)

Linux and sometimes about MAME. And beer, of course.

Damn, how I miss beer. Pretty expensive here, and I did not find a brand
yet I *really* like, and don't want to import any from Europe.

> At this rate I'll be top poster again in no time, watch out Sinner!

Nah, don't top post. ;-)

Yes, would be nice to see more of you again. :)

And show your face in #tombstones from time to time. May be this link
<irc://zeus.foreverchat.net> helps. But you need to register a nick.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

>MCR wrote:
>> Hello again everyone...
>>
>> I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
>> desputes... lots of updates. It took me a week to get MAME up to date.
>> My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone line),
>> but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)
>>
>> Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!
>>
>> In case any of you nosey buggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
>> have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
>> and receeded my hairline quite a bit!

Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Snipped

In a parallel universe, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob,
>> Rutger and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :)
>
> But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember the
> arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)

But _that_ precisely is what Home Sweet Home was! :p Discussing the
legalities of roms with JB Nicholson-Owens, thwacking idiots with fishes,
cluebats and lasers, awaiting the next letter in the Favourites poll,
wondering where the hell is the tombstones.org.uk page and finding out
that it's moving _again_, etc...

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

K.os wrote:

> awaiting the next letter in the Favourites poll,

What's that all about?

--
FSogol

In a parallel universe, Anti-FSogol said exactly the opposite of:

> K.os wrote:
>

>> awaiting the next letter in the Favourites poll,
>
> What's that all about?

I dunno, I seem to remember a guy called Sloth or something like that
that started a thread about favourites but it never went anywhere... :)

*-) K.os
--

K.os wrote:

>>> awaiting the next letter in the Favourites poll,
>>
>>What's that all about?
>
> I dunno, I seem to remember a guy called Sloth or something like that
> that started a thread about favourites but it never went anywhere... :)

Hmmm, I don't remember that.
Guess, I'll google it.
No, wait, I'll post a message and ask how to find out about it.
--
FSogol

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

K.os wrote:
Snipped

> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>
> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!

No, worse... Game store manager :-O
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

In a parallel vniverse, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:

> K.os wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>>
>> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>
> No, worse... Game store manager :-O

Yikes! Fvn and Trovble both rolled vp into one single job!

Lovely! :)

*-) K.os
--

MCR wrote:

> K.os wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>>
>> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>

> No, worse... Game store manager :-O

With an 18 week training covrse?

--
FSogol

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

PRoToCoL wrote:
Snipped

> Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate

And you too mate! Now what is the topic for this NG again? ;-)

At this rate I'll be top poster again in no time, watch out Sinner!
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Dead_Dad wrote:
Snipped

> Welcome back!

Cheers dude... Glad to be here...

--

K.os wrote:
> In a parallel vniverse, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:
>

>>K.os wrote:
>>Snipped
>>

>>>Yov got involved in Union work too?
>>>
>>>*-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>>
>>No, worse... Game store manager :-O
>

> Yikes! Fvn and Trovble both rolled vp into one single job!
>
> Lovely! :)
>
> *-) K.os

The thing abovt working in a game shop is...

1) Its ironic, bvt by the end of the day yov are sick and tired of games
2) Yov meet some 'interesting' people who make obsessives seem well
balanced!
and
3) We dont stock 'real' games like Galaga and Metrocross! ;-)

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

In a parallel universe, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:

[snip]

> The thing about working in a game shop is...
>
> 1) Its ironic, but by the end of the day you are sick and tired of
> games

Someone once told me the same thing about working as a camera man for a
pr0n webcam site.

> 2) You meet some 'interesting' people who make obsessives seem well
> balanced!

Of course!

> and
> 3) We dont stock 'real' games like Galaga and Metrocross! ;-)

So long as you have Shinobi and R-Type, everything is as it should be!
;-)

*-) K.os
--

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:
>
>>Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>>Snipped
>>

>>>I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob, Rutger
>>>and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :)
>>
>>But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember the
>>arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)
>

> I read tentacles first. *Looks down* No, don't wear any (right now). If
> you have an email address accepting a pic I send you one that proofs it.
>
> Of course here were some discussions and controversy. That's good (for
> me) unless trolls show up. But I think they all rest in my killfile. Want
> a copy? ;-)

LOL! Currently I dont have a 'proper' email account... I assume both
lazarus and tombstones has ended and I have no ISP ;-) The only thing
is I seem to connect to one of two AP's... One is AOL so I cannot view
some sites (Thanks D-Dave ;-) ) and the other is NTL (Yuck!)... but I
cannot complain to the neighbour!

--

MCR wrote:

> LOL! Currently I dont have a 'proper' email account... I assume both
> lazarus and tombstones has ended and I have no ISP ;-) The only thing
> is I seem to connect to one of two AP's... One is AOL so I cannot view
> some sites (Thanks D-Dave ;-) ) and the other is NTL (Yuck!)... but I
> cannot complain to the neighbour!

Welcome back Yours is a name that I recognize from when I started
reading this group. As far as an email account goes, theres always gmail.

--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querría un enano y un yate, por favor."

MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk> wrote in news:d364ej$19t4$1@news.wplus.net:

> but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)

If you don't mind me asking, since I am a wireless newbie:

1. is that with his permission;
2. do you need his ISP password; and
3. will he notice any lag or other difference when you're on?

I am guessing "no" for 2, since war-chalking is all done on the sly, right?

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

FSogol wrote:

> MCR wrote:
>
>> K.os wrote:
>> Snipped
>>
>>> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>>>
>>> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>>

>> No, worse... Game store manager :-O
>

> With an 18 week training covrse?

Lets jvst say the place I was training weren't keen for me to go...
making for some really fvn 18hr days!
Chelmsford is arovnd 35 miles from where I live.

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...