Hello Again

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 8, 2005 7:28:37 PM

Hello again everyone...

I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
desputes... lots of updates. It took me a week to get MAME up to date.
My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone line),
but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)

Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!

In case any of you nosey buggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
and receeded my hairline quite a bit!

MCR
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

More about : question

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 7:28:38 PM

In a parallel vniverse, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:

> Hello again everyone...

Hi MCR!

> I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
> despvtes... lots of vpdates. It took me a week to get MAME vp to date.
> My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone
line),
> bvt in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbovrs AP
;-)

That's the spirit! Now does the neighbovr know?

> Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!

Yov're welcome! (and old! :-P)

> In case any of yov nosey bvggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
> have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
> and receeded my hairline qvite a bit!

Yov got involved in Union work too?

*-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting vp all the dots in the
sky like a child's nvmbered dots pvzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> Hello again everyone...

__ __ ____ ____ _
| \/ |/ ___| _ \ | |
| |\/| | | | |_) | | |
| | | | |___| _ < |_|
|_| |_|\____|_| \_\ (_)

> I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
> desputes... lots of updates. It took me a week to get MAME up to
> date. My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone
> line), but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the
> neighbours AP ;-)

Don't et him know. :-)

I'm glad it works for you and hope, youre back for a while.

> Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!

But I think you came to late and we already ate of of the pie.

> In case any of you nosey buggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
> have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
> and receeded my hairline quite a bit!

Looking forward to your report, and some recent pics. :-)

I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob, Rutger
and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob, Rutger
>> and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :-)
>
> But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember the
> arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)

I read tentacles first. *Looks down* No, don't wear any (right now). If
you have an email address accepting a pic I send you one that proofs it.

Of course here were some discussions and controversy. That's good (for
me) unless trolls show up. But I think they all rest in my killfile. Want
a copy? ;-)
--

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> K.os wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>
> No, worse... Game store manager :-O

Aah, store fvll of Arcade cabs, hvmming sovnd of a Defender machine,
mvnching sovnds from Pac Man and others. Yov're in paradise. :-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarvs.org.vk/&gt;

MCR wrote:
> Hello again everyone...
>
> I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
> desputes... lots of updates. It took me a week to get MAME up to date.
> My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone line),
> but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)
>
> Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!
>
> In case any of you nosey buggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
> have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
> and receeded my hairline quite a bit!
>
> MCR

Welcome back!

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> PRoToCoL wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate
>>

> And you too mate! Now what is the topic for this NG again? ;-)

Linux and sometimes about MAME. And beer, of course.

Damn, how I miss beer. Pretty expensive here, and I did not find a brand
yet I *really* like, and don't want to import any from Europe.

> At this rate I'll be top poster again in no time, watch out Sinner!

Nah, don't top post. ;-)

Yes, would be nice to see more of you again. :-)
--

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> PRoToCoL wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate
>>
> And you too mate! Now what is the topic for this NG again? ;-)

Linux and sometimes about MAME. And beer, of course.

Damn, how I miss beer. Pretty expensive here, and I did not find a brand
yet I *really* like, and don't want to import any from Europe.

> At this rate I'll be top poster again in no time, watch out Sinner!

Nah, don't top post. ;-)

Yes, would be nice to see more of you again. :-)

And show your face in #tombstones from time to time. May be this link
<irc://zeus.foreverchat.net> helps. But you need to register a nick.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
April 8, 2005 10:05:04 PM

>MCR wrote:
>> Hello again everyone...
>>
>> I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
>> desputes... lots of updates. It took me a week to get MAME up to date.
>> My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone line),
>> but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)
>>
>> Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!
>>
>> In case any of you nosey buggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
>> have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
>> and receeded my hairline quite a bit!

Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate
April 8, 2005 11:34:23 PM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
Snipped

> I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob, Rutger
> and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :-)

But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember the
arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 11:34:24 PM

In a parallel universe, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob,
>> Rutger and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :-)
>
> But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember the
> arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)

But _that_ precisely is what Home Sweet Home was! :-P Discussing the
legalities of roms with JB Nicholson-Owens, thwacking idiots with fishes,
cluebats and lasers, awaiting the next letter in the Favourites poll,
wondering where the hell is the tombstones.org.uk page and finding out
that it's moving _again_, etc...

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

K.os wrote:

> awaiting the next letter in the Favourites poll,

What's that all about?

--
FSogol
Anonymous

In a parallel universe, Anti-FSogol said exactly the opposite of:

> K.os wrote:
>

>> awaiting the next letter in the Favourites poll,
>
> What's that all about?

I dunno, I seem to remember a guy called Sloth or something like that
that started a thread about favourites but it never went anywhere... :-)

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 11:34:27 PM

K.os wrote:

>>> awaiting the next letter in the Favourites poll,
>>
>>What's that all about?
>
> I dunno, I seem to remember a guy called Sloth or something like that
> that started a thread about favourites but it never went anywhere... :-)

Hmmm, I don't remember that.
Guess, I'll google it.
No, wait, I'll post a message and ask how to find out about it.
--
FSogol
April 8, 2005 11:34:55 PM

K.os wrote:
Snipped

> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>
> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!

No, worse... Game store manager :-O
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 11:34:56 PM

In a parallel vniverse, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:

> K.os wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>>
>> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>
> No, worse... Game store manager :-O

Yikes! Fvn and Trovble both rolled vp into one single job!

Lovely! :-)

*-) K.os
--

MCR wrote:

> K.os wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>>
>> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>

> No, worse... Game store manager :-O

With an 18 week training covrse?

--
FSogol
April 8, 2005 11:36:28 PM

PRoToCoL wrote:
Snipped

> Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate

And you too mate! Now what is the topic for this NG again? ;-)

At this rate I'll be top poster again in no time, watch out Sinner!
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
April 8, 2005 11:37:10 PM

Dead_Dad wrote:
Snipped

> Welcome back!

Cheers dude... Glad to be here...

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
April 9, 2005 12:10:04 AM

K.os wrote:
> In a parallel vniverse, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:
>

>>K.os wrote:
>>Snipped
>>

>>>Yov got involved in Union work too?
>>>
>>>*-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>>
>>No, worse... Game store manager :-O
>

> Yikes! Fvn and Trovble both rolled vp into one single job!
>
> Lovely! :-)
>
> *-) K.os

The thing abovt working in a game shop is...

1) Its ironic, bvt by the end of the day yov are sick and tired of games
2) Yov meet some 'interesting' people who make obsessives seem well
balanced!
and
3) We dont stock 'real' games like Galaga and Metrocross! ;-)

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 12:10:05 AM

In a parallel universe, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:

[snip]

> The thing about working in a game shop is...
>
> 1) Its ironic, but by the end of the day you are sick and tired of
> games

Someone once told me the same thing about working as a camera man for a
pr0n webcam site.

> 2) You meet some 'interesting' people who make obsessives seem well
> balanced!

Of course!

> and
> 3) We dont stock 'real' games like Galaga and Metrocross! ;-)

So long as you have Shinobi and R-Type, everything is as it should be!
;-)

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams
April 9, 2005 12:12:35 AM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:
>
>>Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>>Snipped
>>

>>>I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob, Rutger
>>>and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :-)
>>
>>But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember the
>>arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)
>

> I read tentacles first. *Looks down* No, don't wear any (right now). If
> you have an email address accepting a pic I send you one that proofs it.
>
> Of course here were some discussions and controversy. That's good (for
> me) unless trolls show up. But I think they all rest in my killfile. Want
> a copy? ;-)

LOL! Currently I dont have a 'proper' email account... I assume both
lazarus and tombstones has ended and I have no ISP ;-) The only thing
is I seem to connect to one of two AP's... One is AOL so I cannot view
some sites (Thanks D-Dave ;-) ) and the other is NTL (Yuck!)... but I
cannot complain to the neighbour!

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 12:12:36 AM

MCR wrote:

> LOL! Currently I dont have a 'proper' email account... I assume both
> lazarus and tombstones has ended and I have no ISP ;-) The only thing
> is I seem to connect to one of two AP's... One is AOL so I cannot view
> some sites (Thanks D-Dave ;-) ) and the other is NTL (Yuck!)... but I
> cannot complain to the neighbour!

Welcome back Yours is a name that I recognize from when I started
reading this group. As far as an email account goes, theres always gmail.

--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querrĂ­a un enano y un yate, por favor."

MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk> wrote in news:D 364ej$19t4$1@news.wplus.net:

> but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)

If you don't mind me asking, since I am a wireless newbie:

1. is that with his permission;
2. do you need his ISP password; and
3. will he notice any lag or other difference when you're on?

I am guessing "no" for 2, since war-chalking is all done on the sly, right?
April 9, 2005 12:47:28 AM

FSogol wrote:

> MCR wrote:
>
>> K.os wrote:
>> Snipped
>>
>>> Yov got involved in Union work too?
>>>
>>> *-) K.os, glad to see yov here mate!
>>

>> No, worse... Game store manager :-O
>

> With an 18 week training covrse?

Lets jvst say the place I was training weren't keen for me to go...
making for some really fvn 18hr days!
Chelmsford is arovnd 35 miles from where I live.

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 12:48:13 AM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:34:23 +0100, MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk>
wrote:

>> I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob, Rutger
>> and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :-)

>But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember the
>arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)

Nah...it's all been quiet while you've been away
Oh!...do you think the two could be connected ?
Nah! gotta be pure coincidence ;-)
April 9, 2005 12:59:25 AM

Anti_Freak_Machine wrote:
Snipped

> Welcome back Yours is a name that I recognize from when I started
> reading this group. As far as an email account goes, theres always gmail.

Oh Yeah... Shhhh!!! I use gmail for pRon ;-) IIRC you are the one that
gave me the Gmail invite!

I know I am an 'old timer' but Sune and Dungeon Dave have been here
since the last ice age!

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 12:59:26 AM

MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk> wrote in news:D 36nra$qac$1@news.wplus.net:

> Oh Yeah... Shhhh!!! I use gmail for pRon ;-) IIRC you are the one that
> gave me the Gmail invite!

Of course, some people still have 50 invites to give out, and the max storage
is up to 2 GB...
April 9, 2005 1:21:53 AM

* MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> PRoToCoL wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate
>>

> And you too mate! Now what is the topic for this NG again? ;-)
>
> At this rate I'll be top poster again in no time, watch out Sinner!

LOL! Welcome back my friend! I see your Linux machine is still broken
;P~

--
David
April 9, 2005 1:27:03 AM

* Hung N Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk> wrote in
> news:D 364ej$19t4$1@news.wplus.net:
>
>> but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the
>> neighbours AP ;-)
>
> If you don't mind me asking, since I am a wireless newbie:
>
> 1. is that with his permission;

Doubtful, its quite easy to do.

> 2. do you need his ISP password; and

Nope

> 3. will he notice any lag or other difference when you're on?

No, but if he checks his Router logs he should see the connection. It
happened to me where a neighborhood kid was using my router until I
set up MAC filtering.

--
David
April 9, 2005 1:48:49 AM

Hung N wrote:

> MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk> wrote in news:D 364ej$19t4$1@news.wplus.net:
>

>>but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)
>

> If you don't mind me asking, since I am a wireless newbie:
>
> 1. is that with his permission;

LOL! No... erm... I dont know where the signal is coming from, but if
the fool leaves his AP open with no password and no encryption, he
bloody well deserves a leech... hell I even went into his router, saw
the model, went to the router manufacturers website and found the
default username and password and had a good sniff around...I didnt
touch anything...

> 2. do you need his ISP password; and

No the router is 'logged in' so it is transparent... clicking mozilla
took me straight to google... In his router it has

AfShan 192.168.1.100
MCR 192.168.1.101 (Wireless)

> 3. will he notice any lag or other difference when you're on?

Only if I take the piss like use bittorrent to update my MAME sets, then
his bandwidth is halved... If I were to do that 'ahem' I would wait till
he had gone to bed and turned his PC off.... Otherwise no..

> I am guessing "no" for 2, since war-chalking is all done on the sly, right?

War-chalking LOL! is that what I am doing... there was me just being a
common leech.

In fact there are two unprotected wireless AP's in range....

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
April 9, 2005 1:48:50 AM

* MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> War-chalking LOL! is that what I am doing... there was me just
> being a common leech.

No, warchalking would be placing a chalk mark somewhere so that others
knew there was a hotspot near by.

--
David
April 9, 2005 2:04:32 AM

PRoToCoL wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:34:23 +0100, MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk>
> wrote:
>

>>>I'm glad to see many of the lost sons return home now, like Jacob, Rutger
>>>and Sinner some months ago. Home, sweet home. :-)
>

>>But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember the
>>arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)
>

> Nah...it's all been quiet while you've been away
> Oh!...do you think the two could be connected ?
> Nah! gotta be pure coincidence ;-)

Didnt you know? Sinner, PoMC, Rutger and Myself are all the same
person.... well we have multiple heads, but we all share the same body
and the same PC.

You think we argue online, you should see what its like in our house!

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
April 9, 2005 2:04:33 AM

* MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> PRoToCoL wrote:

>>>But if you take off the rose tinted spectacles you will remember
>>>the arguements, the trouble and the controversy ;-)
>>

>> Nah...it's all been quiet while you've been away
>> Oh!...do you think the two could be connected ?
>> Nah! gotta be pure coincidence ;-)
>>

> Didnt you know? Sinner, PoMC, Rutger and Myself are all the same
> person.... well we have multiple heads, but we all share the same
> body and the same PC.

<shudder>

> You think we argue online, you should see what its like in our
> house!

Give me back my pillow!

--
David
Anonymous

MCR wrote on 08. April 2005:

> Hung N wrote:
>
>> MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk> wrote in news:D 364ej$19t4$1@news.wplus.net:
>>
>>>but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP ;-)
>> If you don't mind me asking, since I am a wireless newbie:
>> 1. is that with his permission;
>
> LOL! No... erm... I dont know where the signal is coming from, but if
> the fool leaves his AP open with no password and no encryption, he
> bloody well deserves a leech... hell I even went into his router, saw
> the model, went to the router manufacturers website and found the
> default username and password and had a good sniff around...I didnt
> touch anything...

But he'd deserve it.

>> 2. do you need his ISP password; and
>
> No the router is 'logged in' so it is transparent... clicking mozilla
> took me straight to google... In his router it has
>
> AfShan 192.168.1.100
> MCR 192.168.1.101 (Wireless)

Umm, got the public IPs please? ;-)

[...]

> War-chalking LOL! is that what I am doing... there was me just being
> a common leech.
>
> In fact there are two unprotected wireless AP's in range....

Welcome to the modern world. Today when you are in a foreign city you
don't need to hunt for internet cafes anymore, sice so many people gladly
(umm, without knowing) offer the internet for you (and the shares from
localhost too :-).

I heard more of 70% of the AP installations are open or "half" open
(WEP). And this will unlikely change for the next time. :-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
April 9, 2005 2:37:18 AM

SINNER wrote on 08. April 2005:

> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>> Didnt you know? Sinner, PoMC, Rutger and Myself are all the same
>> person.... well we have multiple heads, but we all share the same
>> body and the same PC.
>
> <shudder>
>

>> You think we argue online, you should see what its like in our
>> house!
>>

> Give me back my pillow!

Don't talk to yourself.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
April 9, 2005 2:49:57 AM

Rutger6559 wrote on 08. April 2005:

> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:04:32 +0100, MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>>PRoToCoL wrote:
>>> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:34:23 +0100, MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>Didnt you know? Sinner, PoMC, Rutger and Myself are all the same
>>person.... well we have multiple heads, but we all share the same body
>>and the same PC.
>
> You forgot that Ankman and Sune are our other heads as well....
>
> (A new poster to AGM approaches Sinner, PoMC, Rutger, Ankman, Sune,
> and MCR.)

Don't forget k.os! I drink the same beer as him (in case we ever have
beer) and eat the same as he every day.

> Ankman: Oh, alright. Alright. We'll kill him first and then have tea
> and biscuits.

Sorry, not currently in London. I prefer coffee and Oreos here. ;-P

> Sinner: Yes.
>

> Rutger: Oh, not biscuits.
>

> Ankman: Alright. Alright, not biscuits, but let's kill him anyway.

Oreos, and kill him after that, anyways (or at Subway's).

Thanks for that (though I didn't understand all statements I gave here ;-).
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
April 9, 2005 3:00:18 AM

SINNER wrote on 08. April 2005:

> * Hung N Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>> If you don't mind me asking, since I am a wireless newbie:
>>
>> 1. is that with his permission;
>
> Doubtful, its quite easy to do.

Yep.

>> 2. do you need his ISP password; and
>
> Nope

Right.

>> 3. will he notice any lag or other difference when you're on?
>
> No, but if he checks his Router logs he should see the connection. It
> happened to me where a neighborhood kid was using my router until I
> set up MAC filtering.

That won't work for you if he's a little smart. From the man page of
ifconfig (you might be able to do this with Window too):

,----

`----
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
April 9, 2005 3:10:37 AM

SINNER wrote:

> No, but if he checks his Router logs he should see the connection. It
> happened to me where a neighborhood kid was using my router until I
> set up MAC filtering.

Spoilsport ;-)

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
April 9, 2005 3:11:49 AM

SINNER wrote:
> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>

>>PRoToCoL wrote:
>>Snipped
>>

>>>Hiya Mark...glad to see you back mate
>>>

>>And you too mate! Now what is the topic for this NG again? ;-)
>>
>>At this rate I'll be top poster again in no time, watch out Sinner!
>

> LOL! Welcome back my friend! I see your Linux machine is still broken
> ;P~

Nah mate its fixed... what I did was format it and put windows on it ;-)

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
April 9, 2005 3:11:50 AM

* MCR wrote in alt.games.mame:
> SINNER wrote:
>> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

>>>PRoToCoL wrote:
>>>Snipped

>>>And you too mate! Now what is the topic for this NG again? ;-)

>>>At this rate I'll be top poster again in no time, watch out Sinner!

>> LOL! Welcome back my friend! I see your Linux machine is still broken
>> ;P~

> Nah mate its fixed... what I did was format it and put windows on it ;-)

Oi! Your newsreader is bro....

Oh Nevermind!

ROTFL.

--
David
A man was reading The Canterbury Tales one Saturday morning, when his

* FSogol wrote in alt.games.mame:

>>>What's that all about?

>> I dunno, I seem to remember a guy called Sloth or something like that
>> that started a thread about favourites but it never went anywhere... :-)

> Hmmm, I don't remember that.
> Guess, I'll google it.
> No, wait, I'll post a message and ask how to find out about it.

<walks right by>

Nope, didn't see this thread....

--
David
What we wish, that we readily believe.

MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk> wrote in news:D 364ej$19t4$1
@news.wplus.net:

> Hello again everyone...
>
> I've been 'away' for a while, boy have I missed a lot! MAME trademark
> desputes... lots of updates. It took me a week to get MAME up to date.
> My DSL line comes on in two weeks in my new gaffe (With a phone
line),
> but in the meanwhile my Wi-fi card is connecting to the neighbours AP
;-)

> Thanks for the happy birthday fella's!
>
> In case any of you nosey buggers wonder where I went (not prison!) I
> have a new job which while training (18 weeks!) added years to my face
> and receeded my hairline quite a bit!

Welcome back. I was beginning to think a.g.m. had already Jumped The
Shark; but obviously not.

lob : )
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 10:54:14 AM

"K.os" <K.os023@gmail.com> wrote in

> In a parallel universe, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:
>
> [snip]
>
>> The thing about working in a game shop is...
>>
>> 1) Its ironic, but by the end of the day you are sick and tired of
>> games
>
> Someone once told me the same thing about working as a camera man for a
> pr0n webcam site.
>
>> 2) You meet some 'interesting' people who make obsessives seem well
>> balanced!
>
> Of course!
>
>> and
>> 3) We dont stock 'real' games like Galaga and Metrocross! ;-)
>
> So long as you have Shinobi and R-Type, everything is as it should be!
> ;-)

The best idea would be for Mark to work there for a couple of years to
learn all he can, and then set out on his own and steal my idea: open a
cafe with ten or so classic arcade games...and only charge around twenty
cents a game just like in the 80s! Then wait around for a few months,
with takings of only around 100 pounds per week (lease: 600 pounds)
'cause, unfortunately, there aren't really that many arcade-insane people
out there. Go broke. Close the shop down and have a fire sale. Two years
later, you find yourself on the street beging for money with a cardboard
sign saying you need money to "buy your bus fare back home to Orange."

er, maybe don't steal my idea...

lob
April 9, 2005 10:54:15 AM

lob wrote:
> "K.os" <K.os023@gmail.com> wrote in
>

>>In a parallel universe, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:
>>
>>[snip]
>>

>>>The thing about working in a game shop is...
>>>
>>>1) Its ironic, but by the end of the day you are sick and tired of
>>>games
>>
>>Someone once told me the same thing about working as a camera man for a
>>pr0n webcam site.
>>

>>>2) You meet some 'interesting' people who make obsessives seem well
>>>balanced!
>>
>>Of course!
>>

>>>and
>>>3) We dont stock 'real' games like Galaga and Metrocross! ;-)
>>
>>So long as you have Shinobi and R-Type, everything is as it should be!
>>;-)
>

> The best idea would be for Mark to work there for a couple of years to
> learn all he can, and then set out on his own and steal my idea: open a
> cafe with ten or so classic arcade games...and only charge around twenty
> cents a game just like in the 80s! Then wait around for a few months,
> with takings of only around 100 pounds per week (lease: 600 pounds)
> 'cause, unfortunately, there aren't really that many arcade-insane people
> out there. Go broke. Close the shop down and have a fire sale. Two years
> later, you find yourself on the street beging for money with a cardboard
> sign saying you need money to "buy your bus fare back home to Orange."
>
> er, maybe don't steal my idea...
>
> lob

Yeah... not exactly an Anthony Robbins style get rich quick scheme
there! I think I will skip on that one ;-)

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
April 9, 2005 2:43:50 PM

Sune Salminen wrote:
> MCR wrote:
>
>>Anti_Freak_Machine wrote:
>>Snipped
>>

>>>Welcome back Yours is a name that I recognize from when I started
>>>reading this group. As far as an email account goes, theres always
>>>gmail.
>>
>>Oh Yeah... Shhhh!!! I use gmail for pRon ;-) IIRC you are the one
>>that gave me the Gmail invite!
>>
>>I know I am an 'old timer' but Sune and Dungeon Dave have been here
>>since the last ice age!
>

> Right on.
>
> Good to see you again Mark!
>
> Did you see that Buggy Boy is (kind of) running now?
>
> And Power Drift with full rotation (BARF! lol ;-)
>
> -Sune

I almost peed my pants when I saw power drift with screen tilt. As for
buggy boy, what can I say, fantastic news... Those were the games that
were in the arcade when I stopped going... MAME would truely be
complete with buggy boy!

BTW Sune, your website looks cool... any chance of an English
translation? I'd love to leech some more free tunes ;-)
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
April 9, 2005 9:31:00 PM

Sune Salminen wrote:
Snipped

> ;-)
>
> I thought I already sent you the songs from the album?
>
> I know I sent a CD to Rick shortly after it was out.
>
> -Sune

Hi Sune,
I got one song mate. I am happy for the web site to be updated. You
should see about publicising your songs more! Perhaps with iTunes.

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 11:45:09 PM

'Dungeon' Dave wrote on 09. April 2005:

> ... after inserting a credit, SINNER <arcade.master@googlemail.net>
> leaned forward and saw...
>>No, but if he checks his Router logs he should see the connection. It
>>happened to me where a neighborhood kid was using my router until I
>>set up MAC filtering.
>
> WEP Encryption plus whitelisted MAC addresses ensure that there are
> only two laptops with WLAN cards that can use this router.

WEP can easily be decrypted. And you can sniff MAC addresses and change
yours on the notebook, and you're in.

If you want a secure access, use IEEE 802.11i instead. Or at least WPA if
other is not available.

,----[ http://www.javvin.com/protocol80211i.html ]
`----
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
April 9, 2005 11:49:00 PM

Dead_Dad wrote on 09. April 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> -----8<-----
>> Don't forget k.os! I drink the same beer as him (in case we ever have
>> beer) and eat the same as he every day.
>
> The question that I hesitate to ask is; Who drinks/eats it /first/?
> (EEEEEWWWWW!!!)

I knew somebody (you! ;-) would ask this.

We *share*.

Sometimes he bought a six pack, then me. But we didn't for a long
time. It's about time again. :-)

We even share the Message-Id. It's because k.os posts over my local news
server.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
April 10, 2005 12:05:12 AM

.... after inserting a credit, MCR <mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk> leaned
forward and saw...
>LOL! Currently I dont have a 'proper' email account... I assume both
>lazarus and tombstones has ended and I have no ISP ;-)

Since (without notification) your mailboxes started to gather unread
mails and continuously went over quota, they've both been killfiled.

--
"And through a fractal on a breaking wall,
I see you my friend, and touch your face again."