DigiTimes: Soyo to quit motherboard business

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
November 15, 2004 11:57:15 AM

FYI:

Second-tier motherboard maker Soyo Computer plans to phase out
production of its motherboards and instead focus on development and
distribution of computer-related upstream components and plastic
materials, according to company spokesperson Dave Liu.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20041115B3062.html

--

Jeff Bailey
usenet[@]baileyjs.com

More about : digitimes soyo quit motherboard business

November 15, 2004 6:22:40 PM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:57:15 -0500, Bailey <usenet@baileyjs.com> wrote:

>FYI:
>
>Second-tier motherboard maker Soyo Computer plans to phase out
>production of its motherboards and instead focus on development and
>distribution of computer-related upstream components and plastic
>materials, according to company spokesperson Dave Liu.
>
>http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20041115B3062.html

Sort of sad to see that happen. I've only used one Soyo (K7VTA Pro) but
it did work flawlessly, used it for about 3 years and sold it, it's
still going. The last SOYO board I tried was about 6 months ago for a
friends Athlon 64 system, it was a Soyo K8USA Dragon Ultra or something,
I had problems with it and ended up using a MSI board, guess Soyo was
going downhill in the mobo dept. for awhile now?

Ed
November 16, 2004 8:56:55 AM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:57:15 -0500, Bailey <usenet@baileyjs.com> wrote
"DigiTimes: Soyo to quit motherboard business":

>FYI:
>
>Second-tier motherboard maker Soyo Computer plans to phase out
>production of its motherboards and instead focus on development and

I wonder if that means I'll never see my $50.00 rebate. Six months
and counting and still no rebate. Each one of my three e-mail's to
Soyo over the last two months gets me the same reply: "Please allow
2-3 weeks for your check to be received."
a b V Motherboard
November 16, 2004 6:53:19 PM

From Soyo Group:

Thank you for your concern, and we appreciate the opportunity to clear
up the confusion. SOYO Group, Inc. and SOYO Taiwan are totally
separate companies. SOYO Taiwan's decision to exit motherboard
manufacturing does not materially affect SOYO Group. We have multiple
motherboard suppliers and will continue to introduce new products to
the market. Our current rebate and warranty programs remain in place
and will be honored.

The SOYO USA operation remains unchanged, and we will continue selling
motherboards, as well as peripherals, consumer electronics, portable
storage, networking, and broadband telecommunications products and
services designed to meet the needs of all markets – from the end-user
to the enterprise. We look forward to continuing our relationship with
you and experiencing even greater success.

John <johnpm@iwon.com> wrote in message news:<sa5jp0lrjfifd861obdti5mrm9569rmqn2@4ax.com>...
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:57:15 -0500, Bailey <usenet@baileyjs.com> wrote
> "DigiTimes: Soyo to quit motherboard business":
>
> >FYI:
> >
> >Second-tier motherboard maker Soyo Computer plans to phase out
> >production of its motherboards and instead focus on development and
>
> I wonder if that means I'll never see my $50.00 rebate. Six months
> and counting and still no rebate. Each one of my three e-mail's to
> Soyo over the last two months gets me the same reply: "Please allow
> 2-3 weeks for your check to be received."
November 17, 2004 1:14:31 PM

On 16 Nov 2004 15:53:19 -0800, stevem@soyousa.com (nightsurfer) wrote
"Re: DigiTimes: Soyo to quit motherboard business":

>From Soyo Group:
>
>Thank you for your concern, and we appreciate the opportunity to clear
>up the confusion. SOYO Group, Inc. and SOYO Taiwan are totally

Well that's just peachy, so where's my rebate? Maybe my complaint to
the California Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission for
Soyo's fraudulent business practice will help get my $50.00 rebate?

Instead of replying to your customer's inquiries with "Please allow
2-3 weeks for your check to be received", you should change that to
"Please wait 'til the cows come home for your check to be received."
Or how about "Please wait 'til hell freezes over for your check to be
received." After all, that's really how long we are going to have to
wait, right? What a scam!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2004 9:58:11 AM

John <johnpm@iwon.com> wrote in message news:<2t8mp096a2f02dbdqf1j7gl26vp212vu7a@4ax.com>...

Give it a break, I can understand your pissed about not getting your
rebate in a timely manner. But this news group it to help people with
hardware problems not financial problems. If you HAVE contacted your
state Attorney General and the FTC it would seem you have done about
all that can be done with this. Since others are getting there rebates
it would seem not to be a scam. Maybe you will learn something from
all of this.

> On 16 Nov 2004 15:53:19 -0800, stevem@soyousa.com (nightsurfer) wrote
> "Re: DigiTimes: Soyo to quit motherboard business":
>
> >From Soyo Group:
> >
> >Thank you for your concern, and we appreciate the opportunity to clear
> >up the confusion. SOYO Group, Inc. and SOYO Taiwan are totally
>
> Well that's just peachy, so where's my rebate? Maybe my complaint to
> the California Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission for
> Soyo's fraudulent business practice will help get my $50.00 rebate?
>
> Instead of replying to your customer's inquiries with "Please allow
> 2-3 weeks for your check to be received", you should change that to
> "Please wait 'til the cows come home for your check to be received."
> Or how about "Please wait 'til hell freezes over for your check to be
> received." After all, that's really how long we are going to have to
> wait, right? What a scam!
November 18, 2004 10:28:24 PM

On 18 Nov 2004 06:58:11 -0800, j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net (Jim B.)
wrote "Re: DigiTimes: Soyo to quit motherboard business":

>John <johnpm@iwon.com> wrote in message news:<2t8mp096a2f02dbdqf1j7gl26vp212vu7a@4ax.com>...
>
>Give it a break, I can understand your pissed about not getting your
>rebate in a timely manner. But this news group it to help people with
>hardware problems not financial problems. If you HAVE contacted your
>state Attorney General and the FTC it would seem you have done about
>all that can be done with this. Since others are getting there rebates
>it would seem not to be a scam. Maybe you will learn something from
>all of this.

This has nothing to do with a financial problem. Hopefully, my
experience will tip off anyone considering purchasing anything from
these unscrupulous characters. You state others are getting their
rebates, but how many are not? Is being told you will receive your
rebate in 2-3 weeks three times in the last two months fine with you?
I have learned something from all of this, I will never buy from Soyo
again. If you don't like my posts, don't read them. Why not just add
me to your kill filter?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 22, 2004 6:31:22 PM

> On 18 Nov 2004 06:58:11 -0800, j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net (Jim B.)
> wrote "Re: DigiTimes: Soyo to quit motherboard business":
>
>>John <johnpm@iwon.com> wrote in message
>>
>>Give it a break, I can understand your pissed about not getting your
>>rebate in a timely manner. But this news group it to help people with
>>hardware problems not financial problems. If you HAVE contacted your
>>state Attorney General and the FTC it would seem you have done about
>>all that can be done with this. Since others are getting there rebates
>>it would seem not to be a scam. Maybe you will learn something from
>>all of this.
>
> This has nothing to do with a financial problem. Hopefully, my
> experience will tip off anyone considering purchasing anything from
> these unscrupulous characters. You state others are getting their
> rebates, but how many are not? Is being told you will receive your
> rebate in 2-3 weeks three times in the last two months fine with you?
> I have learned something from all of this, I will never buy from Soyo
> again. If you don't like my posts, don't read them. Why not just add
> me to your kill filter?

Got Mine!!! Maybe you should fill out the forms properly.

Tim
November 23, 2004 11:59:56 AM

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:31:22 -0700, "Tim S." <hjk@cox.com> wrote "Re:
DigiTimes: Soyo to quit motherboard business":

>"John" <johnpm@iwon.com> wrote in message
>> On 18 Nov 2004 06:58:11 -0800, j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net (Jim B.)
>> wrote "Re: DigiTimes: Soyo to quit motherboard business":
>>
>>>John <johnpm@iwon.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>>Give it a break, I can understand your pissed about not getting your
>>>rebate in a timely manner. But this news group it to help people with
>>>hardware problems not financial problems. If you HAVE contacted your
>>>state Attorney General and the FTC it would seem you have done about
>>>all that can be done with this. Since others are getting there rebates
>>>it would seem not to be a scam. Maybe you will learn something from
>>>all of this.
>>
>> This has nothing to do with a financial problem. Hopefully, my
>> experience will tip off anyone considering purchasing anything from
>> these unscrupulous characters. You state others are getting their
>> rebates, but how many are not? Is being told you will receive your
>> rebate in 2-3 weeks three times in the last two months fine with you?
>> I have learned something from all of this, I will never buy from Soyo
>> again. If you don't like my posts, don't read them. Why not just add
>> me to your kill filter?
>
>Got Mine!!! Maybe you should fill out the forms properly.

Maybe you should get the facts straight before making such a
statement. My rebate is showing on verifyrebate.com as approved for
two months. The term approved means I did "fill out the forms
properly".
!