disable soyo splashscreen at startup

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 21, 2004 9:40:55 AM

how can i disable the soyo splashscreen that shows the dragon and my
motherboard model number at startup? i would like the one that shows my
cpu and ram amount. i've tried "quick boot" and no "quick boot" but
nither worked. the only way that i've been able to do it is by clicking
"delete" at startup. however, that send me to bios setup, which i don't
want. thanks.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 21, 2004 9:50:14 AM

peter <here@there.com> wrote in message news:<XLWnd.3976$hJ6.2730@trndny01>...

But thats where you go to disable the Soyo Splashscreen, when set to
disabled you will still see your motherboard model, cpu and ram
amount. You just won't see the big Soyo logo. So you must enter the
BIOS to do this.

> how can i disable the soyo splashscreen that shows the dragon and my
> motherboard model number at startup? i would like the one that shows my
> cpu and ram amount. i've tried "quick boot" and no "quick boot" but
> nither worked. the only way that i've been able to do it is by clicking
> "delete" at startup. however, that send me to bios setup, which i don't
> want. thanks.
November 22, 2004 2:59:54 AM

i guess i forgot to mentioned that i went into bios and checked all the
options but didn't find it. anyone have any idea what's the exact
wording of the disable option? i know with my old system, there's a
option that specifically said "disable windows splashscreen." i haven't
found something that obvious with this bios. thanks again.
a b V Motherboard
November 22, 2004 1:23:47 PM

peter <here@there.com> wrote in message news:<_Z9od.3950$Gw.504@trndny09>...

Sorry I should have added that information. Look in Advanced BIOS
Features for the Full Screen Logo Show, change it to disabled. But
this setting can vary from motherboard models. Some you change LOGO
size to get rid of it and some others you change it from Logo-0 to
Logo-1. But it will always be in the Advanced BIOS Features. Hope this
helps you.

> i guess i forgot to mentioned that i went into bios and checked all the
> options but didn't find it. anyone have any idea what's the exact
> wording of the disable option? i know with my old system, there's a
> option that specifically said "disable windows splashscreen." i haven't
> found something that obvious with this bios. thanks again.
November 23, 2004 10:33:56 AM

jim b., thanks for ur help, i appreciate it. the mobo is p4i865pe plus
dragon 2 v1.0. the bios version is 865dp1a2 (there is a 4ipe2aa3 update
bios but i don't plan on flashing to it because the description mentions
win xp, which i don't have.)

the only options under advanced setup are: quick boot, 1st boot device,
2nd boot device, try other boot device, bootup num-lock, boot to os/2,
graphics win size, configure dram timing, hyper thread functions, auto
detect dim/pci, and spread spectrum. as far as i can see, there isn't
anything that obviously says splashscreen or logo. i've changed quick
boot, config dram timing, auto det dim/pci, and spread spectrum and it
isn't any of them.

i went thru all the other bios categories but, again, nothing that says
splashscreen or logo.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 23, 2004 10:33:57 AM

peter <here@there.com> wrote in message news:<EJBod.5643$hJ6.709@trndny01>...

The manual for the P4I 865PE Plus Dragon2 does show the settings in
the Advanced BIOS Features page. Unfortunatly they don't have a copy
of a full manual for your v1.0 board it's only got one of those quick
setup guides. I've expressed my distaste to Soyo for doing this. I
haven't used the v1.0 board to date so I haven't seen the BIOS setup
for that board. I find it hard to believe they would remove the
settings for this but anything is possible I guess.

> jim b., thanks for ur help, i appreciate it. the mobo is p4i865pe plus
> dragon 2 v1.0. the bios version is 865dp1a2 (there is a 4ipe2aa3 update
> bios but i don't plan on flashing to it because the description mentions
> win xp, which i don't have.)
>
> the only options under advanced setup are: quick boot, 1st boot device,
> 2nd boot device, try other boot device, bootup num-lock, boot to os/2,
> graphics win size, configure dram timing, hyper thread functions, auto
> detect dim/pci, and spread spectrum. as far as i can see, there isn't
> anything that obviously says splashscreen or logo. i've changed quick
> boot, config dram timing, auto det dim/pci, and spread spectrum and it
> isn't any of them.
>
> i went thru all the other bios categories but, again, nothing that says
> splashscreen or logo.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 26, 2004 11:13:13 AM

How about turning off the Silent Boot? Its in the BIOS setup as well.

Silent boot shows the splash screen (there are 2 of them) and a non-silent
boot shows the memory count and the BIOS info.

"peter" <here@there.com> wrote in message
> how can i disable the soyo splashscreen that shows the dragon and my
> motherboard model number at startup? i would like the one that shows my
> cpu and ram amount. i've tried "quick boot" and no "quick boot" but
> nither worked. the only way that i've been able to do it is by clicking
> "delete" at startup. however, that send me to bios setup, which i don't
> want. thanks.
November 29, 2004 4:02:18 AM

there is no silent boot option in bios.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 30, 2004 8:54:29 PM

>From: peter here@there.com

>there is no silent boot option in bios.

I have the same board and I could find no way to get rid of the Soyo
splashscreen either. I think it's locked.
!