shellcon hidden window - what is it

nomis

can some one please tell me what shellcon hidden window is, the only reason
that i ask is because when i shutdown or reboot my system a end program
window comes up and says that the program is ending, if this is a program i
have no recolection of installing it and i have never choosen to run this
program

also somtimes my system freezes and when i manage to get it rebooted with
out my wireless card, other wise it crashes, it gives me a window telling me
that the system has recoverd a seriouse error

i have had a look at everything i can in this window and i taken a screen of
the sindows that i have gotten (below)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/simon78/systemerrorbox.bmp

(Sry if the quality isn't good enough this is just a screen dump i still
have the original image if there is a better host please tell me)

also having red around the net it appears that this could be a black trojan,

if any can shed any light on this i would appreciate this,

thankyou

nomis

Hi nomis.
I tried to read your screen shot but the image was too small and the print
was indecipherable.
I did a Google, and you may have some sort of malware.
You may want to go to the HijackThis! site to download HijackThis! and then
run it and finally go to a forum where you can have your HijackThis log
interpreted.
HijackThis! can be downloaded from:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
Other downloads you might want to get from this site include: Spybot Search
and Destroy, Ad-Aware, and CWShredder

nomis wrote:
> can some one please tell me what shellcon hidden window is, the only
> reason that i ask is because when i shutdown or reboot my system a
> end program window comes up and says that the program is ending, if
> this is a program i have no recolection of installing it and i have
> never choosen to run this program
>
> also somtimes my system freezes and when i manage to get it rebooted
> with out my wireless card, other wise it crashes, it gives me a
> window telling me that the system has recoverd a seriouse error
>
> i have had a look at everything i can in this window and i taken a
> screen of the sindows that i have gotten (below)
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/simon78/systemerrorbox.bmp
>
> (Sry if the quality isn't good enough this is just a screen dump i
> still have the original image if there is a better host please tell
> me)
>
> also having red around the net it appears that this could be a black
> trojan,
>
> if any can shed any light on this i would appreciate this,
>
> thankyou
>
> nomis

Have you recently installed MusicMatch Jukebox?
If so, go to Start>Run and
key in:
msconfig
Click on OK or hit ENTER
Click on the Startup tab and click in the checkbox (to clear the
checkmark)
beside any and all entries relating to MusicMatch. Click on Apply then
OK.
When you next restart your computer, MusicMatch won't load and run in
the
background at startup (which is not necessary to have it do.......you
can
simply open the program manually when you want to use it), and that
should
solve the ShellIconHiddenWindow message at shutdown.
Seems like version 8 thru 10 of MusicMatch is pretty buggy.
Google; Musicmatch ShelliconHiddenWindow
Treeman

--
Treeman