KT333-Dragon Ultra Platinum & Mobile Athlon XP?

Looking at the Soyo web site, it seems to indicate that the KT333
Dragon Ultra Platinum mobo can't handle the Barton XP because they are
running at 333Mhz, and the mobo only handles 266Mhz.

I believe my 2200+ is fried and was wondering if I could put in a
Barton Mobile XP 2500+? I know it is a barton core, but since it is
running at 266Mhz, i figured it would work, even though the soyo
website doesn't specifically say so.

Anyone running this combo?

Thanks.

the6carrules@hotmail.com (the6carrules) wrote in message news:<cab7a65f.0411240810.7d766fda@posting.google.com>...
> Looking at the Soyo web site, it seems to indicate that the KT333
> Dragon Ultra Platinum mobo can't handle the Barton XP because they are
> running at 333Mhz, and the mobo only handles 266Mhz.
>
> I believe my 2200+ is fried and was wondering if I could put in a
> Barton Mobile XP 2500+? I know it is a barton core, but since it is
> running at 266Mhz, i figured it would work, even though the soyo
> website doesn't specifically say so.
>
> Anyone running this combo?
>
> Thanks.

While I don't have the KT333 Ultra board, I do have an older KT266 D+
board that runs a mobile 2600 chip. You will need to do the socket wire
pin mod to get access to the higher multiplier values; providing it does
work.

Andy

acajka@suscom.net (acajka) wrote in message news:<94f3db7e.0411250716.45b27d6e@posting.google.com>...
> the6carrules@hotmail.com (the6carrules) wrote in message news:<cab7a65f.0411240810.7d766fda@posting.google.com>...
> > Looking at the Soyo web site, it seems to indicate that the KT333
> > Dragon Ultra Platinum mobo can't handle the Barton XP because they are
> > running at 333Mhz, and the mobo only handles 266Mhz.
> >
> > I believe my 2200+ is fried and was wondering if I could put in a
> > Barton Mobile XP 2500+? I know it is a barton core, but since it is
> > running at 266Mhz, i figured it would work, even though the soyo
> > website doesn't specifically say so.
> >
> > Anyone running this combo?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> While I don't have the KT333 Ultra board, I do have an older KT266 D+
> board that runs a mobile 2600 chip. You will need to do the socket wire
> pin mod to get access to the higher multiplier values; providing it does
> work.
>
> Andy

Ya I figured the multiplier is locked for upward mods, but since it
can be lowered without issue and the frequency (mhz) can be adjusted
up, I'd be ok. I've had better luck OC'ing when i use a lower or
equal multiplier and a higher frequency.

Thanks for the confirmation that it will at least work. Appreciate
your reply. I think i'm going to order the 2500+ and stick it in the
KT333, and see what happens. If I have trouble, then I can always
order a new mobo - I've been hearing/reading good things on the Abit
NF7-S mobo when used with the 2500+ XP-M. It's going for less than
$80, so it wouldn't be too much more if mine doesn't work.

Any suggestions for a "better" "cheaper" mobo than theh NF7-S?

the6carrules@hotmail.com (the6carrules) wrote in message news:<cab7a65f.0411251816.482673a1@posting.google.com>...
> acajka@suscom.net (acajka) wrote in message news:<94f3db7e.0411250716.45b27d6e@posting.google.com>...
> > the6carrules@hotmail.com (the6carrules) wrote in message news:<cab7a65f.0411240810.7d766fda@posting.google.com>...
> > > Looking at the Soyo web site, it seems to indicate that the KT333
> > > Dragon Ultra Platinum mobo can't handle the Barton XP because they are
> > > running at 333Mhz, and the mobo only handles 266Mhz.
> > >
> > > I believe my 2200+ is fried and was wondering if I could put in a
> > > Barton Mobile XP 2500+? I know it is a barton core, but since it is
> > > running at 266Mhz, i figured it would work, even though the soyo
> > > website doesn't specifically say so.
> > >
> > > Anyone running this combo?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > While I don't have the KT333 Ultra board, I do have an older KT266 D+
> > board that runs a mobile 2600 chip. You will need to do the socket wire
> > pin mod to get access to the higher multiplier values; providing it does
> > work.
> >
> > Andy
>
> Ya I figured the multiplier is locked for upward mods, but since it
> can be lowered without issue and the frequency (mhz) can be adjusted
> up, I'd be ok. I've had better luck OC'ing when i use a lower or
> equal multiplier and a higher frequency.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation that it will at least work. Appreciate
> your reply. I think i'm going to order the 2500+ and stick it in the
> KT333, and see what happens. If I have trouble, then I can always
> order a new mobo - I've been hearing/reading good things on the Abit
> NF7-S mobo when used with the 2500+ XP-M. It's going for less than
> $80, so it wouldn't be too much more if mine doesn't work.
>
> Any suggestions for a "better" "cheaper" mobo than theh NF7-S?

I use the 2600 mobile in my D+ board. Without the pin mod, your multiplier
options will be limited. I have 3 Soyo Kt600 Ultra boards and I like them
alot, though there not cheap. I didn't say that it would work, only that
the mobiles work on an older series board.

Andy