Ink clog in Epson printers

Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.

What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?

Thank you for your time.
--

Goyan
goyanian@yahoo.com

ŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒ
Men's reach should exceed his grasp, or what is the Heaven for?
- Michael Corleone, the Godfather
ŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒ
12 answers Last reply
More about clog epson printers

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:17:33 +0100, Goyan <goyanian@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
    >for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.

    Only if you are a Idiot and miss use the printer, or its in a hot place and
    you don't use up the ink in 6 months..

    Plus they must be turn on once a week..

    And never powered off at the wall.

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:53:09 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

    >On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:17:33 +0100, Goyan <goyanian@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
    >>for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.
    >

    >Only if you are a Idiot and miss use the printer, or its in a hot place and
    >you don't use up the ink in 6 months..
    >

    >Plus they must be turn on once a week..
    >

    >And never powered off at the wall.
    >

    >>What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?
    >>
    >>Thank you for your time.
    >
    >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)

    I think ill stick with my canon then. I had the same ink in my 850 for
    a year and it gets turned on every 6 to 8 weeks if its lucky. Never
    clogged and the nozzle check prints perfectly.

    and to top it off, I AM AN IDIOT!!!

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:53:09 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

    >>Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
    >>for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.
    >

    >Only if you are a Idiot

    Sorry, but there aren't enough idiots in the world to explain all
    those epson clogs. Yes - they are very prone to clogging.

    >and miss use the printer,

    How do you missuse a printer? All the people I know, sit theirs on
    their desk and use it to print stuff on paper.

    >or its in a hot place

    Yep, the clogged ones always have that in common - they were stored in
    the oven. (Yeah, right.)

    >and
    >you don't use up the ink in 6 months..

    I had NEW Epson - with NEW cartridges and it clogged. The epson
    service tech serviced it, fitted another set of NEW cartridges and it
    was clogged again at the first printout when I got it home.

    >Plus they must be turn on once a week..

    Left on all the time. Still reguarly clogged.

    >And never powered off at the wall.

    Never was. Still clogged.

    >>What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?

    Yes, but no where near as much as epson. Besides, if you get an epson
    you'll quickly get sick of the noise it makes every time you turn it
    on, or print a sheet of paper...

    Eee-eee. Eee-eee. Eee-eee. Grind, grind, grind. Beep! Beep!
    Beep! E-eeeeeee. E-eeeeee. Squeak, squeeeeeeaaak.

    The noise is so ingrained in epson users, you could probably email the
    above to an epson user and ask them what it reminds them of. I know
    what answer you'll get.

    >>Thank you for your time.

    You're welcome.

    PS. Buy a Canon. Quiet as a mouse, refills no problem (apparently)
    and rarely see messages about clogged heads.

    Allan.

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:11:01 +1000, Just Allan
    <justallan@COLDhotmail.com> wrote:

    >On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:53:09 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
    >
    >>>Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
    >>>for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.
    >>

    >>Only if you are a Idiot
    >
    >Sorry, but there aren't enough idiots in the world to explain all
    >those epson clogs. Yes - they are very prone to clogging.

    You haven't been visiting news groups very long have you? If they
    give a fair percentage of idiots as in the world at large then there
    are plenty enough to misuse printers.
    --

    Hecate
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    In my experience? Oh, yes.

    Every single Epson I've ever owned (Stylus 800, Photo 820 and Photo 1270)
    has had an early trip the trash can because of clogged heads, even though
    I've always used nothing but the proper Epson inks and papers.

    On the other hand, my Canon i950 has sit for 3 months strait and printed
    perfectly the first page.

    YMMV

    -Larry

    "Goyan" <goyanian@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
    > for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.
    >
    > What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?
    >
    > Thank you for your time.
    > --
    >
    > Goyan
    > goyanian@yahoo.com
    >
    > ŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒ
    > Men's reach should exceed his grasp, or what is the Heaven for?
    > - Michael Corleone, the Godfather
    > ŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒ

    Heaven knows I do NOT miss that chatanooga choo-choo at every print or power
    on :)

    -Larry

    "Just Allan" <justallan@COLDhotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Yes, but no where near as much as epson. Besides, if you get an epson
    > you'll quickly get sick of the noise it makes every time you turn it
    > on, or print a sheet of paper...
    >
    > Eee-eee. Eee-eee. Eee-eee. Grind, grind, grind. Beep! Beep!
    > Beep! E-eeeeeee. E-eeeeee. Squeak, squeeeeeeaaak.
    >
    > The noise is so ingrained in epson users, you could probably email the
    > above to an epson user and ask them what it reminds them of. I know
    > what answer you'll get.
    >
    > >>Thank you for your time.
    >
    > You're welcome.
    >
    > PS. Buy a Canon. Quiet as a mouse, refills no problem (apparently)
    > and rarely see messages about clogged heads.
    >
    > Allan.

    I have an i9900 printer that you have press your ear up againts to make sure
    it is actually on. I don't think I've
    ever worked with a quieter printer.

    John Mills
    --
    WeInk.com Technical Support
    Toll Free Support: 1-888-825-0759

    In article <Z0VJc.40$ci.10@lakeread04>, none@none.com (Larry) wrote:

    > YMMV

    It may well: my Epson Stylus Photo (the original one, before they started
    adding numbers to the name) is still in use as the 'family' printer. My
    2100 is now over a year old and has never suffered a clogged head.

    Jon.

    wrote:

    >On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:53:09 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
    >
    >>>Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
    >>>for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.
    >>

    >>Only if you are a Idiot
    >
    >Sorry, but there aren't enough idiots in the world to explain all
    >those epson clogs. Yes - they are very prone to clogging.
    >
    >>and miss use the printer,
    >
    >How do you missuse a printer? All the people I know, sit theirs on
    >their desk and use it to print stuff on paper.
    >
    >>or its in a hot place
    >
    >Yep, the clogged ones always have that in common - they were stored in
    >the oven. (Yeah, right.)

    Not a Hot room or sun light on it.

    Gee you are a Idiot..

    >>and
    >>you don't use up the ink in 6 months..
    >
    >I had NEW Epson - with NEW cartridges and it clogged. The epson
    >service tech serviced it, fitted another set of NEW cartridges and it
    >was clogged again at the first printout when I got it home.

    Bollocks it in your mind..

    >>Plus they must be turn on once a week..
    >
    >Left on all the time. Still reguarly clogged.

    That is one of your Problems, as the print head is not capped, and the ink
    dries out.

    So You are a Idiot.

    >>And never powered off at the wall.
    >
    >Never was. Still clogged.
    >
    >>>What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?
    >
    >Yes, but no where near as much as epson. Besides, if you get an epson
    >you'll quickly get sick of the noise it makes every time you turn it
    >on, or print a sheet of paper...
    >
    >Eee-eee. Eee-eee. Eee-eee. Grind, grind, grind. Beep! Beep!
    >Beep! E-eeeeeee. E-eeeeee. Squeak, squeeeeeeaaak.
    >
    >The noise is so ingrained in epson users, you could probably email the
    >above to an epson user and ask them what it reminds them of. I know
    >what answer you'll get.
    >
    >>>Thank you for your time.
    >
    >You're welcome.
    >
    >PS. Buy a Canon. Quiet as a mouse, refills no problem (apparently)
    >and rarely see messages about clogged heads.

    No the Rot away before they get clogged..

    <ink_N_O_S_P_A_M_support@WeN_o_S_P_A_M_Ink.com> wrote:

    >I have an i9900 printer that you have press your ear up againts to make sure
    >it is actually on. I don't think I've
    >ever worked with a quieter printer.
    >

    >John Mills

    I think of it as a quiet "swish" as the printhead goes back and forth.
    Mine is about 10 feet away from me and once the paper is fed (which
    does make a noise) I can't tell if it is printing until the paper
    ejects.

    On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:32:30 -0400, "Larry" <none@none.com> wrote:

    >In my experience? Oh, yes.
    >
    >Every single Epson I've ever owned (Stylus 800, Photo 820 and Photo 1270)
    >has had an early trip the trash can because of clogged heads, even though
    >I've always used nothing but the proper Epson inks and papers.
    >
    >On the other hand, my Canon i950 has sit for 3 months strait and printed
    >perfectly the first page.

    And a few months later a new print head, gee you are such a fool.

    >YMMV
    >
    >-Larry
    >
    >"Goyan" <goyanian@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
    >> for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.
    >>
    >> What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?
    >>
    >> Thank you for your time.
    >> --
    >>
    >> Goyan
    >> goyanian@yahoo.com
    >>
    >> ŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒ
    >> Men's reach should exceed his grasp, or what is the Heaven for?
    >> - Michael Corleone, the Godfather
    >> ŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒ

    I could have probably saved you a few trips to the trash if you had
    gotten hold of my cleaning manual. It is very rare that I have
    encountered a clog that can't be corrected with a few cents of common
    household cleaners and a small bit of time.

    Anyone wishing my Epson Cleaning Manual can contact me at my email
    address (above), and I will send you a free copy.

    Art

    Larry wrote:

    > In my experience? Oh, yes.
    >
    > Every single Epson I've ever owned (Stylus 800, Photo 820 and Photo 1270)
    > has had an early trip the trash can because of clogged heads, even though
    > I've always used nothing but the proper Epson inks and papers.
    >
    > On the other hand, my Canon i950 has sit for 3 months strait and printed
    > perfectly the first page.
    >
    > YMMV
    >
    > -Larry

Printers Epson Peripherals