Dual Boot System

moe

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

I recently installed an external Hard Drive for back up purposes. This works
fine using the XP back up program, however, I would like to install Windows
XP on the external drive and transfer files between drives and have the
option to boot from either drive. I would also like to partition both drives
with DOS and windows XP. Is this possible? Any suggestions or pointers
appreciated.

Windows XP cannot be installed on an external drive,
only an internal drive. External drives are designed for
file storage and backups only.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP