Seeking Recomendations: Old Color Laser for Home Office

Hi:
I willl be shopping soon for a color laser for my home office, and am
hoping I can get some informed recommmendations.

In the past, I've normally gone for used oldie-but-goodie small office
workgroup equipment from eBay which can be had at a good initial price
and has decent availability of reasonably priced ink/toner. The cost
per printed sheet tends to be better than new consumer grade things,
and the machines themselves are sturdy workhorses made to last.
As examples, I have an HP Deskjet 560c ($25 for the printer, $5-10 for
*large* cartridges) and an HP Laserjet 4+ ($70 for printer with
network card, 114m memory, duplex attachment; $15-25 for toner
cartridges). Using HP service manuals and parts from eBay, I'm able to
do my own maintenance.

With that as background, can anyone recommend a color laser to search
for? I would be using it mostly text, some PowerPoint slides and light
non-professional graphics, no photographs.
Basically, I'm looking for a laser replacement for my color inkjet for
maybe under $400.
EBay appears to have alot of Color Laserjet 5 printers for under $250,
with good availablility of accessories/spare parts. Anyone know about
them? I'm unable to find any reviews on the model.

Many thanks for any advice or direction anyone can kindly offer.

To old and not all that good. Go for a 4500 or 4550 they will suit your
logic.