SY-P4VTE: my CPU clock is cut in half!! Why?

I recently purchased a Soyo P4VTE motherboard.
CPU = P4 3E GHz 800 MHz FSB
Memory = Kingston KVR400/512R PC3200 CL3

But when I boot the machine, the BIOS shows "1.5 GHz P4".

I looked in the BIOS settings for some way to adjust this,
but under "CPU PnP Setup", I see
CPU Ratio = Locked
rather than a ratio that I could set.

What is going on?? PLEASE tell me I'm just overlooking
something simple (oh, and TELL me what I'm overlooking,
too!!), I don't see any relevant jumper settings, nor
much of anything else that I can control...

---
"No! I said BUD Light!" - captain of the Hindenburg
4 answers Last reply
More about p4vte clock half

    Check you clock frequency to make sure its set to 200Mhz. If its
    showing a 1.5Ghz P-4 there is a good chance the frequency is set to
    100Mhz and that would give you the improper reading. All P-4's come
    with a locked Ratio or as it's sometimes called multiplyer. But all
    boards have adjustable clock frequency and the P-4's are a quad channel
    cpu,

    100Mhz clock = 400Mhz cpu speed
    133Mhz clock = 533Mhz cpu speed
    200Mhz clock = 800Mhz cpu speed
    266Mhz clock = 1066Mhz cpu speed / new P-4 Extreme Edition

    The frequency setting is found on the Soyo Combo Page of your BIOS
    program.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Errrr... ummm...

    Once again I've discovered, there's nothing quite as effective at
    improving my reading ability, as posting a superfluous question to
    hundreds of people across the world...

    Nevermind...

    Daniel Miller <derelict@invalid.net> wrote in

    --
    ---
    "No! I said BUD Light!" - captain of the Hindenburg

    I was doing a yahoo shearch to re-look the specs on this bored, making
    sure the 1GB stick of ram i was looking at would work on my bored when
    i saw this, I have the anwser to your question

    There IS in fact jumper setting for this. It changes your FSB and CPU
    clock speed. Look in your manual to see what to set it on. ITs
    actully two jumpers next to each other and you use it in combo to
    change.

    You can also OC easily that way too, When i had my Celeron D 2.8Ghz, I
    jumped it up to 3.6Ghz that way.
  4. omfg, omfg, omfg! thank you so much! It may be a year later, but that piece of info saved me three hundred dollars!

Soyo CPUs Motherboards