System Standby Failed - ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP 2X

codeman7

Distinguished
May 18, 2005

Hi. I have an older Gateway E-3200 here with an ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP 2X vid
card. Whenever the computer tries to sleep, I get the message:

"The device driver for the 'Rage Pro Turbo AGP 2x' device is preventing the
machine from entering standby. Please close all apps and try again. If this
problem persists, you may need to update this driver.

I cannot seem to figure out how to resolve this. Windows XP SP2, latest ATI
Drivers.

Thank you!

A Rage Pro video card is "old" for SP2. You should be able to replace it
with an affordable newer card.

Have ever tried installing/updating the motherbaord chipset drivers?