Conflict between MB and agp card

I'm trying to upgrade to windows xp but I keep getting a conflict showing up
between my MB (sy-kt600 dragon plus) and my agp video cards. I've tried my
newer one (ati raedon 9200) and my older one (nvidia tnt2) and windows xp
still tells me there is a conflict between my MB and agp video card. I find
no conflict in windows (ME) device manager. Any help on this would be much
appreciated.

The following worked for a Radeon 9500 Pro running on a SY-KT600+ v1.0. In
the BIOS set AGP back to 4X and turn of "Enable Fast Writes". Then open the
Device Manager, in the System Devices select VIA CPU to AGP2.0/AGP3.0
Controller. Update the driver. Do not allow windows to search for a new
driver. Select the following device driver from the list of available
items: "VIA CPU to AGP Controller (Microsoft)". This may slow down the
perfomance but it made the computer stable. Before we made these changes we
continually received error messages and or lockups.

"Ouilo Strange" <ouilo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to upgrade to windows xp but I keep getting a conflict showing
> up
> between my MB (sy-kt600 dragon plus) and my agp video cards. I've tried
> my
> newer one (ati raedon 9200) and my older one (nvidia tnt2) and windows xp
> still tells me there is a conflict between my MB and agp video card. I
> find
> no conflict in windows (ME) device manager. Any help on this would be
> much
> appreciated.

If your upgrading from WinME to WinXP the problem may have to do with
the driver for WinME and your video card. I would suggest you uninstall
any video drivers you have installed and reboot the computer. Let WinME
use the default video driver. Then do the upgrade to WinXP and after
completed use the WinXP driver for which ever video card your using.

Other option is to back up any critical data you have on your system
and do a clean install of WinXP. This can be done with the WinXP
upgrade disk. You do not need to have WinME on your computer to use the
upgrade disk. You are only required to have a licensed copy of a
Microsoft operating system Win98 or newer to use this upgrade disk.