Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

K7V Dargon Plus! without north bridge fan?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2004 9:16:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

Hi,

is anyone using this board without that noisy fan on the VIA KT266A
chip? Maybe with a different cooler?

Thanks
Mark
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2004 9:16:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

Mark Behrends wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is anyone using this board without that noisy fan on the VIA KT266A
> chip? Maybe with a different cooler?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

I replaced my D+ fan/heatsink with the Zalman Northbridge cooler about
8 months ago. No problems and no noise.

Andy
December 22, 2004 10:26:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

To get by a bit shoot the fan with WD-40,this shoould quiet it down.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2004 1:10:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

Mark Behrends wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is anyone using this board without that noisy fan on the VIA KT266A
> chip? Maybe with a different cooler?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

I use Zalman cooler on my CPU and since then i have removed original VIA
fan, since 90 mm zalman cooler is big enough to blow the air on that chip,
also. No problems in years. i just have fan fixed so that some air blows on
that chip also(since its pretty close to cpu). Anyway, after a couple of
months dust comes into that tiny small fan and cooler and then this tiny fan
doesn't help much...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2004 1:12:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

Mark Behrends wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is anyone using this board without that noisy fan on the VIA KT266A
> chip? Maybe with a different cooler?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Forgot to tell...i use chipset fan to cool my VGA card, since it Gainward
GF4 and originally comes without fan. I connected it to 7 Volts, so it spins
at reduced speed, so i can't really hear it.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2004 6:27:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:10:25 +0100, "SleeperMan"
<SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:

>I use Zalman cooler on my CPU and since then i have removed original VIA
>fan, since 90 mm zalman cooler is big enough to blow the air on that chip,
>also. No problems in years. i just have fan fixed so that some air blows on
>that chip also(since its pretty close to cpu). Anyway, after a couple of
>months dust comes into that tiny small fan and cooler and then this tiny fan
>doesn't help much...
>

Which one from Zalman did you buy? I´m thinking of a different cooler
for my Athlon XP 1.800+ too.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 27, 2004 11:41:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

Mark Behrends wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:10:25 +0100, "SleeperMan"
> <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:
>
>> I use Zalman cooler on my CPU and since then i have removed original
>> VIA fan, since 90 mm zalman cooler is big enough to blow the air on
>> that chip, also. No problems in years. i just have fan fixed so that
>> some air blows on that chip also(since its pretty close to cpu).
>> Anyway, after a couple of months dust comes into that tiny small fan
>> and cooler and then this tiny fan doesn't help much...
>>
>
> Which one from Zalman did you buy? I´m thinking of a different cooler
> for my Athlon XP 1.800+ too.

Hmmm one of those ..i think it's CNPS 6000 Cu - all copper type. It comes
with larger 90mm fan, which is more quiet and fanmate with it you can vary
fan speed, so you can quiet it down. But i did even more - instead of one
fan above the cooler i mounted two fans vertically - one before and other
after cooler, so i could slow down fans even more. Now i have Atlhon 2400+,
(i used to have 1700+) and my temps are ( and i'm useing CPUIdle, too) about
32 deg C when idle and up to max 50 when full load. It's interesting how
CPUIdle can cool the CPU down when idle - as many as 10 or 15 degrees.
But have a look for other zalman's - since by now they have more models
available - at the time i bought it, they were only two - Cu and AlCu
models. SO, now you have the option to really buy the one which is the most
quiet
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 27, 2004 1:11:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:41:43 +0100, "SleeperMan"
<SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:

>Hmmm one of those ..i think it's CNPS 6000 Cu - all copper type. It comes
>with larger 90mm fan, which is more quiet and fanmate with it you can vary
>fan speed, so you can quiet it down. But i did even more - instead of one
>fan above the cooler i mounted two fans vertically - one before and other
>after cooler, so i could slow down fans even more. Now i have Atlhon 2400+,
>(i used to have 1700+) and my temps are ( and i'm useing CPUIdle, too) about
>32 deg C when idle and up to max 50 when full load. It's interesting how
>CPUIdle can cool the CPU down when idle - as many as 10 or 15 degrees.
>But have a look for other zalman's - since by now they have more models
>available - at the time i bought it, they were only two - Cu and AlCu
>models. SO, now you have the option to really buy the one which is the most
>quiet
>

Thanks a lot.

First I thought of a Arctic Cooling CooperSilent 2 TC Rev. 2.

The CNPS 6000 Cu looks awesome. But the new 7000/7700 series had a
much different design.

The way Zalman puts the fan on the CNPS 6000 gives me some new ideas.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 27, 2004 9:00:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

Mark Behrends wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:41:43 +0100, "SleeperMan"
> <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm one of those ..i think it's CNPS 6000 Cu - all copper type. It
>> comes with larger 90mm fan, which is more quiet and fanmate with it
>> you can vary fan speed, so you can quiet it down. But i did even
>> more - instead of one fan above the cooler i mounted two fans
>> vertically - one before and other after cooler, so i could slow down
>> fans even more. Now i have Atlhon 2400+, (i used to have 1700+) and
>> my temps are ( and i'm useing CPUIdle, too) about 32 deg C when idle
>> and up to max 50 when full load. It's interesting how CPUIdle can
>> cool the CPU down when idle - as many as 10 or 15 degrees.
>> But have a look for other zalman's - since by now they have more
>> models available - at the time i bought it, they were only two - Cu
>> and AlCu models. SO, now you have the option to really buy the one
>> which is the most quiet
>>
>
> Thanks a lot


anytime



>
> First I thought of a Arctic Cooling CooperSilent 2 TC Rev. 2.
>
> The CNPS 6000 Cu looks awesome. But the new 7000/7700 series had a
> much different design.
>
> The way Zalman puts the fan on the CNPS 6000 gives me some new ideas.
!