Three 19" LCD Monitors w/ XP

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Will XP support running three LCDC monitors simultaneously and is there a
Video card that availbale that will support three LCD monitors.

I now run two monitors now and like the large screen area.

If your computer has more than one video adapter, or one adapter
with multiple output ports, you can use the multiple monitors feature
in Windows XP. You can connect up to 10 monitors to your Windows XP-based
computer and display numerous programs or windows at one time.

Expand Your Workspace with Multiple Monitors and Dualview
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/multimonitor.mspx

How To Configure and Use Multiple Monitors in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307873

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dave" wrote:

| Will XP support running three LCDC monitors simultaneously and is there a
| Video card that availbale that will support three LCD monitors.
|
| I now run two monitors now and like the large screen area.

No problem! You just need to have multiple DVI ports. I believe Matrox
have a video card that allows 4 DVI based monitors. I also know that the
Geforce 6000 series comes with two DVI ports per card. Not sure if PCI
version of Geforce 6000 series exists but you could consider Geforce PCI-E
SLI setups.

"Dave" <cia548@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Will XP support running three LCDC monitors simultaneously and is there a
> Video card that availbale that will support three LCD monitors.
>
> I now run two monitors now and like the large screen area.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thanks all. My current monitors are not DVI.

I will begiin looking at video cards.