Sy-P4i865PE+V1.0 again

I've looked through the various manuals for SOYO mobos and they all seem to
have an AGP LED. This particular mobo just has an LED labeled LED1 just
beside the CPUFAN2 connector between the CPU and memory slots.

On my board this LED is lit no matter what I use for an AGP card. I've used
a 4X card with a nVidia GeForce4 MX 420 chip, a 8x card with a nVidia
GeForce4 MX 4000 chip and without any AGP card. I've also powered up the
board from a PSU with a bad 12V circuit which keeps the fans from running
and a good 5V circuit which causes the LED to light up.

I've still received no reply from SOYO tech on the purpose of the LED or
what being lit signifies. I was wondering if someone that has a functioning
board could look and tell me if this LED is lit on their system.

TIA,

Wayne

LED1 is the AGP LED, this will be on all the time. It should be green,
if its red then you have a problem. The motherboard only supports 1.5v
for the AGP slot and when your video card is a 1.5volt card like
required the light will be green. If your video card is old and runs at
the old 3.3v standard the light would be red. Indicating this video
card could damage your motherboard.

j.burghdoff,

I have an old 3.3V AGP card that used to be in this K2 machine and these
cards won't physically go into the AGP slot on this board.

Are you saying that the single LED could be RED or GREEN depending on the
circumstances? This board only has a "Quick Start Manual" and there is no
full manual for the board, but looking at some of the other SOYO manuals it
seems that this LED is either on or off.

However, the fact that this LED is on even without any AGP card is of
concern and I wish SOYO tech support would respond. I may have to call them
even though they don't have a toll free number.

Wayne