missing icon

When i double click "my computer" my CD-rom drive icon is missing
does not appear in "device manager" either.....any help will be greatly
appreciated thanks R. E. Foltz
3 answers Last reply
More about missing icon

    Ronald try this fix
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q270008/

    "Ronald E. Foltz" <genfolkc@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

    > When i double click "my computer" my CD-rom drive icon is missing
    > does not appear in "device manager" either.....any help will be greatly
    > appreciated thanks R. E. Foltz

    Barry, thanks for the info but i receive no error codes at all. . . icon was
    just gone and it is not in listed in device manager at all. . . an other
    ideas? anything will be appreciated. Thanks again R. E. Foltz

    --
    Life happens, ready or not. . . live it
    "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Ronald try this fix
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q270008/
    >

    > "Ronald E. Foltz" <genfolkc@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > >

    > > When i double click "my computer" my CD-rom drive icon is missing
    > > does not appear in "device manager" either.....any help will be greatly
    > > appreciated thanks R. E. Foltz

    Ronald, it may be hardware related. Check to see if the White Power
    Connector ( four wire ) is on the drive securely.
    Also the ribbon cable. Check the connection at the drive and motherboard.
    Sometimes just disconnecting and reconnecting
    gets it started again.
    "Ronald E. Foltz" <genfolkc@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

    > When i double click "my computer" my CD-rom drive icon is missing
    > does not appear in "device manager" either.....any help will be greatly
    > appreciated thanks R. E. Foltz

Device Manager Microsoft Windows XP