missing icon

May 19, 2005 9:38:03 PM

When i double click "my computer" my CD-rom drive icon is missing
does not appear in "device manager" either.....any help will be greatly
appreciated thanks R. E. Foltz

More about : missing icon

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 3:13:23 AM

Ronald try this fix
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q270008/

"Ronald E. Foltz" <genfolkc@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> When i double click "my computer" my CD-rom drive icon is missing
> does not appear in "device manager" either.....any help will be greatly
> appreciated thanks R. E. Foltz

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 3:13:24 AM

Barry, thanks for the info but i receive no error codes at all. . . icon was
just gone and it is not in listed in device manager at all. . . an other
ideas? anything will be appreciated. Thanks again R. E. Foltz

--
Life happens, ready or not. . . live it
"Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Ronald try this fix
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q270008/
>

> "Ronald E. Foltz" <genfolkc@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >

> > When i double click "my computer" my CD-rom drive icon is missing
> > does not appear in "device manager" either.....any help will be greatly
> > appreciated thanks R. E. Foltz

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 6:05:15 AM

Ronald, it may be hardware related. Check to see if the White Power
Connector ( four wire ) is on the drive securely.
Also the ribbon cable. Check the connection at the drive and motherboard.
Sometimes just disconnecting and reconnecting
gets it started again.

!