Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit

jp

Hi,

I've just installed a new Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit sound card and
installed the drivers that came with it.

When I run dxdiag, the card is shown as being emulated and no drivers are
listed.

Testing directsound ends up with an error that hardware buffering is not
supported. I've moved the card to different PCI slots and tried to update the
drivers on Creative's website but there are no newer versions available.

How do I get Windows to recognise my card?

Cheers

If you have onboard sound did you disable it in the Bios?
"JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed a new Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit sound card and
> installed the drivers that came with it.
>
> When I run dxdiag, the card is shown as being emulated and no drivers are
> listed.
>
> Testing directsound ends up with an error that hardware buffering is not
> supported. I've moved the card to different PCI slots and tried to update
> the
> drivers on Creative's website but there are no newer versions available.
>
> How do I get Windows to recognise my card?
>
> Cheers

jp

Yes. I just don't understand why the card would be displayed as emulated in
dxdiag with no driver details even after I've loaded them.