Wireless USB "cable"

Am using my Canon with the included Remote Capture software with good
results. Have pretty much total control over camera with just a USB
cable connection.

However would like to use this software outside near my bird feeder to
get close ups of the birds.

Question:
What would I need to replace the USB cable with a wireless connection?
That is plug some kind of transciever into camera USB port and one
into computer UBS port and get rid of cable? 50-100 range would be
nice.

Thanks
Beowulf

P.S did I mention it should be cheap?

XCam2 COLOR Wireless Video Camera
http://www.x10.com/products4/vk66a_ab49_lpd_cj.htm?423d23e66a263456428e3e71

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Serial # 19781010" <none@none.net> wrote in message news:m38s815a2b5n5t4elqdkovvh36sujp8km2@4ax.com...
> Question:
> What would I need to replace the USB cable with a wireless connection?
> That is plug some kind of transciever into camera USB port and one
> into computer UBS port and get rid of cable? 50-100 range would be
> nice.
> P.S did I mention it should be cheap?

AFAIK the "wireless USB" is under development but still not
available for price that you may consider "cheap".
This thing is based on 802.15; the range - as always - greatly depends
on antenna, transmit power and other details.

Bottom line - use a wi-fi connected camera as Carey Frisch adviced.

--PA