On my K7VME, with a fresh install of Windows XP Pro., the machine will
not always load windows. After POST, it appears with the XP splash
screen and then a moment later reboots. This happens on either a
shutdown or a restart. Eventually, sometimes only a single reboot
others a lot of reboots, Windows will load. The temperature of the AMD
2500XP Barton, idles about about 46-50-54(under load).

On Soyo's site, I could only find that a HD transfer or software
conflicts could cause a reboot. I have updated with all the latest and
greatest drivers. And it is a fresh install on this mobo.

I have not flashed the bios as I could not see where it would fix this
issue.

Any ideas? Thank you.

john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com wrote:
> On my K7VME, with a fresh install of Windows XP Pro., the machine
will
> not always load windows. After POST, it appears with the XP splash
> screen and then a moment later reboots. This happens on either a
> shutdown or a restart. Eventually, sometimes only a single reboot
> others a lot of reboots, Windows will load. The temperature of the
AMD
> 2500XP Barton, idles about about 46-50-54(under load).
>
> On Soyo's site, I could only find that a HD transfer or software
> conflicts could cause a reboot. I have updated with all the latest
and
> greatest drivers. And it is a fresh install on this mobo.
>
> I have not flashed the bios as I could not see where it would fix
this
> issue.
>
> Any ideas? Thank you.

I've taken out the memory and tried each piece, reset the bios, nothing
working. Intermittent. Sometimes won't boot three or five times.