CD-RW drive not wroking

May 20, 2005 4:31:03 PM

Hi there. My CD-RW drive suddenly stopped reading any discs. The system
recognizes the drive and says it is working properly and that the drive is
"empty".
I checked for driver updates, but have the most recent one. I did uninstall
it, and reinstall it again. Again, no luck.....Can someone help me, please.

More about : drive wroking

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 1:51:01 PM

Same thing happened to me. It says that my device is working properly, but
won't read or write discs. I have the most recent driver, but I just can't
get it to work

"borko" wrote:

> Hi there. My CD-RW drive suddenly stopped reading any discs. The system
> recognizes the drive and says it is working properly and that the drive is
> "empty".
> I checked for driver updates, but have the most recent one. I did uninstall
> it, and reinstall it again. Again, no luck.....Can someone help me, please.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 4:26:35 PM

"borko" <borko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi there. My CD-RW drive suddenly stopped reading any discs. The system
>recognizes the drive and says it is working properly and that the drive is
>"empty".

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

--
(tm)
May 21, 2005 8:54:23 PM

Did you try a cd disk cleaner to clean the laser lense of the drive? 2
dollars, very efficient.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
Anonymous

Seriously, 98% of people who have this trouble, i clean the drive and it
works fine. A cd\dvd cleaning disk is only a couple of bucks.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 3:08:07 AM

Seriously, 98% of people who have this trouble, i clean the drive and it
works fine. A cd\dvd cleaning disk is only a couple of bucks. It's the
easiest and cheapest first step to take.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
!