CD-RW drive not wroking

Hi there. My CD-RW drive suddenly stopped reading any discs. The system
recognizes the drive and says it is working properly and that the drive is
"empty".
I checked for driver updates, but have the most recent one. I did uninstall
it, and reinstall it again. Again, no luck.....Can someone help me, please.

Same thing happened to me. It says that my device is working properly, but
won't read or write discs. I have the most recent driver, but I just can't
get it to work

"borko" <borko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi there. My CD-RW drive suddenly stopped reading any discs. The system
>recognizes the drive and says it is working properly and that the drive is
>"empty".

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

--
(tm)

Did you try a cd disk cleaner to clean the laser lense of the drive? 2
dollars, very efficient.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Seriously, 98% of people who have this trouble, i clean the drive and it
works fine. A cd\dvd cleaning disk is only a couple of bucks.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Seriously, 98% of people who have this trouble, i clean the drive and it
works fine. A cd\dvd cleaning disk is only a couple of bucks. It's the
easiest and cheapest first step to take.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

TRENDING THREADS