CPU Support for K7VEMPRO

Nightmare

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005

I have a k7vempro motherboard and was wondering if anyone knows if it
supports any AMD cpus above the listed Athlon 1.33GHZ cpu?

JamMail wrote:
> Why not check the SOYO website? they have all this info there, ya
know....

Here's the site info http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=16 but I
don't know.

I had a K7VEMPRO and the manual said it supports Durons but would
likely do faster CPU's as they came out. The above website, and someone
at Soyo tech support told me I could pop in an AMD XP/Palomino. I put
in the latest BIOS, popped in the CPU and it burnt up. Built maybe two
dozen systems over the past 10 years. This was the only CPU that ever
blew up. So I think there must be some early k7VEMPRO M/B's that may
not comply.