I got a problem with my modem i think...

Robert

Ok when i first got my computer, it was build by me, it worked great. then
after a couple of months, when i would connect to AOL by dail-up ( yes i know
dial-up blows!), my modem would still connect but it wouldnt play the
annoying dialing in sound. I also noticed how when i would play Age of
Mythology: The Titans, i will sometimes get a pop-up saying that someone is
about to disconnect and its me. I've checked the volume on the modem and its
on, same with AOL, its on too. I bought the modem brand new and it still is
able to connect me to AOL and the internet though. Could the problem be were
i plug my phoneline into my wall? If you guys have any insights please post
so i can fix this problem. Thanks Guys!
--
System specs:
CPU: Intel P4 3.2 Ghz

Most 56k users\phone modem\ will get disconnected after a period of
time. This is normal but aggrevating. As far as the dial up sound goes,
you can enable\disable, modem speaker. You might want to try and
uninstall\reinstall the driver also. Wouldn't hurt to update it either.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access