Format SATA disk drive

Hi

I have been using my SATA disk drive for the last six months when XP crashed
without any salvage hope.
Had to reinstall, but XP cannot create the system folders. Tried to
reformat but unsuccessful. XP got to 100% but came out with an error. The
format command on the command line of XP recovery function completed the
job, but on re-installing, previous Windows was still there.

How can I format this hard disk?

Please help.

Regards

JCN

"JCN" <jclaude@ukonline.FS.co.uk> wrote...

> I have been using my SATA disk drive for the last six months when XP crashed
> without any salvage hope.
> Had to reinstall, but XP cannot create the system folders. Tried to reformat
> but unsuccessful. XP got to 100% but came out with an error. The format
> command on the command line of XP recovery function completed the job, but on
> re-installing, previous Windows was still there.
>
> How can I format this hard disk?

Have you run the HD mfgr's diagnostics on the HD to make sure it is not what
caused the crash in the first place?