KT-400 Memory questions...

I would like to put a 1GB strip on the KT-400 Ultra (black). I know I need
Non-ECC Unregistered, but does it matter if the memory is high density or
low density? And if so, which type do I need?

--
JLG
qwikblade@gmail.com

I suggest going to the Crucial website and search their database. You
don't have to buy it there if you can find it somewhere else, but at
least you'll know what you need to get.

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:35:07 -0600, Jeff Garber wrote:

> I would like to put a 1GB strip on the KT-400 Ultra (black). I know I need
> Non-ECC Unregistered, but does it matter if the memory is high density or
> low density? And if so, which type do I need?

Like Frank said, Crucial will tell you what will work. You don't say what
you had before. I am using a Kingston HyperX stick PC3500, and another
stick at PC3200. With the Kingston I could clock to 2.1 GHz (AMD 1800+)and
the memory would clock right up with it. After I added the PC3200, I have
to stop at 200MHz for a FSB clock.

Go with PC3500 and clock away!