Sound breakup using Skype or Messenger on XP

Since I changed to a wireless router I get either garbled sound when talking
to others, or constant break ups/interference. This never used to happen with
my ADSL broadband modem.

I have tried changing so many settings, but nothing works. Skype do not
reply to my queries on this. Sound recorder works perfectly Ok. I am using
headset and codec settings. I suspect that both Skype and Messenger are not
compatible with wireless router systems.

Anyone got any ideas on this. I got so many wires behind the computer
crossing one another, could this cause radio interference?

Thanks
Tony Lecart
22/5/2005

How big a bandwidth do you have on the wireless, if the pc is to far away
from the router the bandwidth will decrease sometimes as low as 1mbit