SY-K7V Dragon Plus turbo mode

Hi,

which is the main difference between "Normal" and "Turbo" mode in the
BIOS settings?

Since I exchanged my 256 MB DDR-RAM from Crucial with 2x 512 MB
DDR-RAM from Kingston as recommended on the Soyo website the mobo
seems to run a little unstable.

Sometimes out of a sudden it shuts down and reboots.

With the 256 MB module it did run stable for years.

Any hints?

Mark
2 answers Last reply
More about dragon turbo mode

    Mark Behrends wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > which is the main difference between "Normal" and "Turbo" mode in the
    > BIOS settings?
    >
    > Since I exchanged my 256 MB DDR-RAM from Crucial with 2x 512 MB
    > DDR-RAM from Kingston as recommended on the Soyo website the mobo
    > seems to run a little unstable.
    >
    > Sometimes out of a sudden it shuts down and reboots.
    >
    > With the 256 MB module it did run stable for years.
    >
    > Any hints?
    >
    > Mark

    I think it's not turbo or normal mode issue, but the fact that you inserted
    two sticks of RAM. On that mobo, this is a mistake. A lot of people have
    issues when having more than one stick of RAM. My suggestion is replace two
    sticks with one 1G.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Mark Behrends wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > which is the main difference between "Normal" and "Turbo" mode in the
    > BIOS settings?
    >
    > Since I exchanged my 256 MB DDR-RAM from Crucial with 2x 512 MB
    > DDR-RAM from Kingston as recommended on the Soyo website the mobo
    > seems to run a little unstable.
    >
    > Sometimes out of a sudden it shuts down and reboots.
    >
    > With the 256 MB module it did run stable for years.
    >
    > Any hints?
    >
    > Mark

    Try the ram in slots 1 and 3.
    Using the turbo setting requires top notch ram with tight timings,
    something like the Corsair LL series.

    Andy

DDR Soyo RAM Motherboards