Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2005 2:05:14 PM

Hi,

which is the main difference between "Normal" and "Turbo" mode in the
BIOS settings?

Since I exchanged my 256 MB DDR-RAM from Crucial with 2x 512 MB
DDR-RAM from Kingston as recommended on the Soyo website the mobo
seems to run a little unstable.

Sometimes out of a sudden it shuts down and reboots.

With the 256 MB module it did run stable for years.

Any hints?

Mark

More about : k7v dragon turbo mode

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2005 9:35:33 PM

Mark Behrends wrote:
> Hi,
>
> which is the main difference between "Normal" and "Turbo" mode in the
> BIOS settings?
>
> Since I exchanged my 256 MB DDR-RAM from Crucial with 2x 512 MB
> DDR-RAM from Kingston as recommended on the Soyo website the mobo
> seems to run a little unstable.
>
> Sometimes out of a sudden it shuts down and reboots.
>
> With the 256 MB module it did run stable for years.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Mark

I think it's not turbo or normal mode issue, but the fact that you inserted
two sticks of RAM. On that mobo, this is a mistake. A lot of people have
issues when having more than one stick of RAM. My suggestion is replace two
sticks with one 1G.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 13, 2005 5:21:39 PM

Mark Behrends wrote:
> Hi,
>
> which is the main difference between "Normal" and "Turbo" mode in the
> BIOS settings?
>
> Since I exchanged my 256 MB DDR-RAM from Crucial with 2x 512 MB
> DDR-RAM from Kingston as recommended on the Soyo website the mobo
> seems to run a little unstable.
>
> Sometimes out of a sudden it shuts down and reboots.
>
> With the 256 MB module it did run stable for years.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Mark

Try the ram in slots 1 and 3.
Using the turbo setting requires top notch ram with tight timings,
something like the Corsair LL series.

Andy