Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MSN Messenger login problem on iPaq 5550

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 3:22:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello,

I wonder if anybody could help me with the following problem:

When I try to login in my MSN Messenger on my HP iPaq 5550 I receive the
following error message "Logon to MSN Messenger failed because the password
or the logon name does not exist. Enter the correct user name and password
and try again. If the problem continues, contact MSN."
I already updated the messenger with the security update as recommended by
Microsoft, but that also did not help. The date and time on my iPaq are
correct, so that also cannot be the problem.
When I try to login with the SAME name and password in MSN Messenger on my
desktop pc it works (!) without any problems.

I also mailed several times with the MSN Messenger Support Center, but they
say that they cannot help me with this problem and therefor they pointed me
to this newsgroup.

Does anybody recognize this problem and/or could anybody please help me with
this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 3:22:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in message
news:o pNfmRwbEHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if anybody could help me with the following problem:
>
> When I try to login in my MSN Messenger on my HP iPaq 5550 I receive the
> following error message "Logon to MSN Messenger failed because the
password
> or the logon name does not exist. Enter the correct user name and password
> and try again. If the problem continues, contact MSN."
> I already updated the messenger with the security update as recommended by
> Microsoft, but that also did not help. The date and time on my iPaq are
> correct, so that also cannot be the problem.
> When I try to login with the SAME name and password in MSN Messenger on my
> desktop pc it works (!) without any problems.
>
> I also mailed several times with the MSN Messenger Support Center, but
they
> say that they cannot help me with this problem and therefor they pointed
me
> to this newsgroup.
>
> Does anybody recognize this problem and/or could anybody please help me
with
> this problem?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)
>
>

You must remove the up date and reinstall the update again as it states in
the "ReadMe" file.
After the program is installed via Activsync you must do a soft reset (Push
the side hole notch with the stylus) after a soft reboot the MSN messenger
should function. Also make sure the login and password are case sensitive
and these little hand helds sometimes are not "pica" correct.

I Hope that helped?

Elector
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 7:11:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi Elector,

Thank you for your reaction, but reinstalling the update (and the necessary
reboots in between) does not solve the problem. The same error message is
coming up.
I am sure I typed the name and password correct, because I re-typed it for
20 or 30 times now already (after several screen alignings). So the chance
of mis-typing is very small, I think.

I hoped that your suggestion did solve the problem, but unfortunately it did
not solve the problem.
Maybe you have other suggestions? If so, please let me know...

Otherwise, could somebody else help me this issue please?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)


"Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht
news:usQdx1xbEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>
> "Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in message
> news:o pNfmRwbEHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wonder if anybody could help me with the following problem:
> >
> > When I try to login in my MSN Messenger on my HP iPaq 5550 I receive the
> > following error message "Logon to MSN Messenger failed because the
> password
> > or the logon name does not exist. Enter the correct user name and
password
> > and try again. If the problem continues, contact MSN."
> > I already updated the messenger with the security update as recommended
by
> > Microsoft, but that also did not help. The date and time on my iPaq are
> > correct, so that also cannot be the problem.
> > When I try to login with the SAME name and password in MSN Messenger on
my
> > desktop pc it works (!) without any problems.
> >
> > I also mailed several times with the MSN Messenger Support Center, but
> they
> > say that they cannot help me with this problem and therefor they pointed
> me
> > to this newsgroup.
> >
> > Does anybody recognize this problem and/or could anybody please help me
> with
> > this problem?
> >
> > Thank you in advance!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)
> >
> >
>
> You must remove the up date and reinstall the update again as it states in
> the "ReadMe" file.
> After the program is installed via Activsync you must do a soft reset
(Push
> the side hole notch with the stylus) after a soft reboot the MSN messenger
> should function. Also make sure the login and password are case sensitive
> and these little hand helds sometimes are not "pica" correct.
>
> I Hope that helped?
>
> Elector
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 7:11:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

" reinstalling the update (and the necessary
reboots in between)" ----- did you soft reset - AFTER ???


"Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in message
news:etsLwRybEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
Hi Elector,

Thank you for your reaction, but reinstalling the update (and the necessary
reboots in between) does not solve the problem. The same error message is
coming up.
I am sure I typed the name and password correct, because I re-typed it for
20 or 30 times now already (after several screen alignings). So the chance
of mis-typing is very small, I think.

I hoped that your suggestion did solve the problem, but unfortunately it did
not solve the problem.
Maybe you have other suggestions? If so, please let me know...

Otherwise, could somebody else help me this issue please?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)


"Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht
news:usQdx1xbEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>
> "Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in message
> news:o pNfmRwbEHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wonder if anybody could help me with the following problem:
> >
> > When I try to login in my MSN Messenger on my HP iPaq 5550 I receive the
> > following error message "Logon to MSN Messenger failed because the
> password
> > or the logon name does not exist. Enter the correct user name and
password
> > and try again. If the problem continues, contact MSN."
> > I already updated the messenger with the security update as recommended
by
> > Microsoft, but that also did not help. The date and time on my iPaq are
> > correct, so that also cannot be the problem.
> > When I try to login with the SAME name and password in MSN Messenger on
my
> > desktop pc it works (!) without any problems.
> >
> > I also mailed several times with the MSN Messenger Support Center, but
> they
> > say that they cannot help me with this problem and therefor they pointed
> me
> > to this newsgroup.
> >
> > Does anybody recognize this problem and/or could anybody please help me
> with
> > this problem?
> >
> > Thank you in advance!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)
> >
> >
>
> You must remove the up date and reinstall the update again as it states in
> the "ReadMe" file.
> After the program is installed via Activsync you must do a soft reset
(Push
> the side hole notch with the stylus) after a soft reboot the MSN messenger
> should function. Also make sure the login and password are case sensitive
> and these little hand helds sometimes are not "pica" correct.
>
> I Hope that helped?
>
> Elector
>
>
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 1:25:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

> I wonder if anybody could help me with the following problem:
>
> When I try to login in my MSN Messenger on my HP iPaq 5550 I receive the
> following error message "Logon to MSN Messenger failed because the
password
> or the logon name does not exist. Enter the correct user name and password
> and try again. If the problem continues, contact MSN."
> I already updated the messenger with the security update as recommended by
> Microsoft, but that also did not help. The date and time on my iPaq are
> correct, so that also cannot be the problem.
> When I try to login with the SAME name and password in MSN Messenger on my
> desktop pc it works (!) without any problems.


Oh does this just sound familiar... I went through all these "fixes" when I
had exactly the same problem with MSN Messenger on my new Dell Axim X30
(Windows Mobile 2003), I tried everything over a period of about three weeks
and nothing, could always log on using my PC, or any PC for that matter, but
never on my Axim, even if I was on the same home wifi network as my desktop
PC...!!

And then I found the answer.. MSN must be able to detect when you are trying
to log onto the service with a mobile device (in Europe anyway..) as they
are trying to push this service.
http://mobile.msn.com/ac.aspx?cid=uuhp_pocketmsn I signed up, it's free for
6 months and then 14.99GBP/six months and bang first log in I was through
and online to my usual contacts... they then see your normal MSN name with a
small mobile logo. It now works every time for me.. wifi on my home network
and via bluetooth on my GPRS mobile.

Let us know how you get on...
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 1:13:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello KDE,

Yes, I did also a soft reset AFTER.

Could somebody help me this issue please?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)



"KDE" <knott_me@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:u2dEWR0bEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> " reinstalling the update (and the necessary
> reboots in between)" ----- did you soft reset - AFTER ???
>
>
> "Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in message
> news:etsLwRybEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Elector,
>
> Thank you for your reaction, but reinstalling the update (and the
necessary
> reboots in between) does not solve the problem. The same error message is
> coming up.
> I am sure I typed the name and password correct, because I re-typed it for
> 20 or 30 times now already (after several screen alignings). So the chance
> of mis-typing is very small, I think.
>
> I hoped that your suggestion did solve the problem, but unfortunately it
did
> not solve the problem.
> Maybe you have other suggestions? If so, please let me know...
>
> Otherwise, could somebody else help me this issue please?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)
>
>
> "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht
> news:usQdx1xbEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> >
> > "Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in message
> > news:o pNfmRwbEHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I wonder if anybody could help me with the following problem:
> > >
> > > When I try to login in my MSN Messenger on my HP iPaq 5550 I receive
the
> > > following error message "Logon to MSN Messenger failed because the
> > password
> > > or the logon name does not exist. Enter the correct user name and
> password
> > > and try again. If the problem continues, contact MSN."
> > > I already updated the messenger with the security update as
recommended
> by
> > > Microsoft, but that also did not help. The date and time on my iPaq
are
> > > correct, so that also cannot be the problem.
> > > When I try to login with the SAME name and password in MSN Messenger
on
> my
> > > desktop pc it works (!) without any problems.
> > >
> > > I also mailed several times with the MSN Messenger Support Center, but
> > they
> > > say that they cannot help me with this problem and therefor they
pointed
> > me
> > > to this newsgroup.
> > >
> > > Does anybody recognize this problem and/or could anybody please help
me
> > with
> > > this problem?
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance!
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)
> > >
> > >
> >
> > You must remove the up date and reinstall the update again as it states
in
> > the "ReadMe" file.
> > After the program is installed via Activsync you must do a soft reset
> (Push
> > the side hole notch with the stylus) after a soft reboot the MSN
messenger
> > should function. Also make sure the login and password are case
sensitive
> > and these little hand helds sometimes are not "pica" correct.
> >
> > I Hope that helped?
> >
> > Elector
> >
> >
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 2:29:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello tfp ntl,

First, I would like to thank you for your reaction!
Second, I want to say to you that this link you send me is only for mobile
phones and not for pocket pc's. If I want to sign up for such mobile account
I will have to provide the mobile operator and in my case is that Vodafone,
which is not listed. I can only choose between the following mobile
operators: KPN Mobile/Hi, Orange, Telfort and T-Mobile. That's why I am not
able to choose my own mobile operator, which I find really strange by the
way..

So, the problem remains unsolved.
Could anybody please help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)


"tfp ntl" <tfp.mail40@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
news:40fed13c$0$58817$bed64819@news.gradwell.net...
>
> > I wonder if anybody could help me with the following problem:
> >
> > When I try to login in my MSN Messenger on my HP iPaq 5550 I receive the
> > following error message "Logon to MSN Messenger failed because the
> password
> > or the logon name does not exist. Enter the correct user name and
password
> > and try again. If the problem continues, contact MSN."
> > I already updated the messenger with the security update as recommended
by
> > Microsoft, but that also did not help. The date and time on my iPaq are
> > correct, so that also cannot be the problem.
> > When I try to login with the SAME name and password in MSN Messenger on
my
> > desktop pc it works (!) without any problems.
>
>
> Oh does this just sound familiar... I went through all these "fixes" when
I
> had exactly the same problem with MSN Messenger on my new Dell Axim X30
> (Windows Mobile 2003), I tried everything over a period of about three
weeks
> and nothing, could always log on using my PC, or any PC for that matter,
but
> never on my Axim, even if I was on the same home wifi network as my
desktop
> PC...!!
>
> And then I found the answer.. MSN must be able to detect when you are
trying
> to log onto the service with a mobile device (in Europe anyway..) as they
> are trying to push this service.
> http://mobile.msn.com/ac.aspx?cid=uuhp_pocketmsn I signed up, it's free
for
> 6 months and then 14.99GBP/six months and bang first log in I was through
> and online to my usual contacts... they then see your normal MSN name with
a
> small mobile logo. It now works every time for me.. wifi on my home
network
> and via bluetooth on my GPRS mobile.
>
> Let us know how you get on...
>
>
>
>
>
July 22, 2004 2:29:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Sander Gerding wrote:
> Hello tfp ntl,
>
> First, I would like to thank you for your reaction!
> Second, I want to say to you that this link you send me is only for mobile
> phones and not for pocket pc's. If I want to sign up for such mobile account
> I will have to provide the mobile operator and in my case is that Vodafone,
> which is not listed. I can only choose between the following mobile
> operators: KPN Mobile/Hi, Orange, Telfort and T-Mobile. That's why I am not
> able to choose my own mobile operator, which I find really strange by the
> way..
>
> So, the problem remains unsolved.
> Could anybody please help me with this issue?
>

I had this problem, and solved it with a hard reset. I did a ROM upgrade
so the update wasn't needed (i have a 2210). See if there's a ROM
upgrade for your iPaq, and install it. Don't restore a backup if you do,
reinstall everything manually (it doesn't take long, you can just check
the boxes in activesync).

Marc

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 3:56:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your reaction!!
Sorry that I wasn't clear enough about the things I already did, because I
already updated my iPaq with the latest ROM update a couple of weeks ago.
This also didn't solve the problem.
Therefor I don't feel much for another hard reset and reinstalling all my
applications once again.

I hope anybody could help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)


"Marc" <see@signature.url> schreef in bericht
news:1090486665.15816.0@damia.uk.clara.net...
> Sander Gerding wrote:
> > Hello tfp ntl,
> >
> > First, I would like to thank you for your reaction!
> > Second, I want to say to you that this link you send me is only for
mobile
> > phones and not for pocket pc's. If I want to sign up for such mobile
account
> > I will have to provide the mobile operator and in my case is that
Vodafone,
> > which is not listed. I can only choose between the following mobile
> > operators: KPN Mobile/Hi, Orange, Telfort and T-Mobile. That's why I am
not
> > able to choose my own mobile operator, which I find really strange by
the
> > way..
> >
> > So, the problem remains unsolved.
> > Could anybody please help me with this issue?
> >
>
> I had this problem, and solved it with a hard reset. I did a ROM upgrade
> so the update wasn't needed (i have a 2210). See if there's a ROM
> upgrade for your iPaq, and install it. Don't restore a backup if you do,
> reinstall everything manually (it doesn't take long, you can just check
> the boxes in activesync).
>
> Marc
>
> --
> Marc
> See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 3:56:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in message
news:%23$NuaJ9bEHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hello Marc,
>
> Thank you for your reaction!!
> Sorry that I wasn't clear enough about the things I already did, because I
> already updated my iPaq with the latest ROM update a couple of weeks ago.
> This also didn't solve the problem.
> Therefor I don't feel much for another hard reset and reinstalling all my
> applications once again.
>
> I hope anybody could help me with this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)

Sander:

Here is a step by step of what actually worked for me.

1- I could not log on to MSN Messenger because of that crazy error message
that on investigation turned out to be that I needed a security update for
the Pocket PC.

2- I originally followed the instructions at http://www.pocketpc.com under
top downloads and followed the instructions of select the 2002 or 2003
update for your device and make sure it is the right one or it would not
work. I choose the 2003 version and used the active sync version of 3.7 I
think it is. The Instructions state to select "OPEN" at the download and
follow the instructions on the device.

3- Via this route the message stated to do a "soft reset" which I did. I
then turned off the device completely and then logged on to MSN Messenger
and the error message appeared again. I tried the update 3-4 times and
finally I went and did this.

4- Go to the download site and instead of using the "OPEN" option I used the
save to folder option and downloaded the file. I then had my pocket pc off
and not attached to the active sync. I simply attached the USB sync cable
and activsync came on and did some program syncs. I then went to my folder I
download the MSN update patch and double clicked the file and it started to
install, the activsync found the needed files and updates and installed them
all.

5- The device then stated that it installed successfully, and I then did a
"soft reset" Please note that any prior attempt to install the MSN update
must be removed completely from your pocket device and from the host pc
before you save the file as I described above.

6- I then went to the MSN login screen and typed my name and password and
then clicked on OK (Connect) and it worked perfectly.


I have found in the last week of this ownership that any program that you
want to install should be saved to the host computer first and not run as an
"OPEN" since I believe some files are not installed or may be corrupted via
the open route.

Try it the way I finally did and see if that works.

Elector
July 22, 2004 5:36:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Sander Gerding wrote:

> Hello Marc,
>
> Thank you for your reaction!!
> Sorry that I wasn't clear enough about the things I already did, because I
> already updated my iPaq with the latest ROM update a couple of weeks ago.
> This also didn't solve the problem.
> Therefor I don't feel much for another hard reset and reinstalling all my
> applications once again.
>


Did you restore your files using iPaq backup, or the ActiveSync backup -
because I did that and I believe that is what caused the problem.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 7:21:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi Elector,

Thank you once again for your (huge) description, I'm very happy that you
took the time for me!!
I'm working with Windows Mobile 2003 (English) by the way, I didn't say that
before, because that is the only Windows version for the iPaq 5550 which is
available in The Netherlands. (The iPaq 5450 has the Windows Mobile 2002
version in The Netherlands.)
I already did everything what you wrote in your description. That is the way
I always work, I mean with this that I always download software to my
harddisk (of my host pc) before I install/open the installation file(s).
This did I learn from my Microsoft teacher at my MCSE for Windows 2000
courses which I did a time ago. Regarding to him it is better to download
software to the harddisk instead of open it from a specific location, just
like you described it.
I also work with ActiveSync version 3.7.1 and yes, as you described in step
5, I removed the software from the host pc and the pocket pc first (with the
necessary reboots) before I reinstalled the update again (and again, and
again).
So we actually did the same things...only it doesn't work for me.

The problem is still unsolved and I hope if you or somebody else have other
suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)


"Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht
news:uQSy8V%23bEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>
> "Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in message
> news:%23$NuaJ9bEHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Hello Marc,
> >
> > Thank you for your reaction!!
> > Sorry that I wasn't clear enough about the things I already did, because
I
> > already updated my iPaq with the latest ROM update a couple of weeks
ago.
> > This also didn't solve the problem.
> > Therefor I don't feel much for another hard reset and reinstalling all
my
> > applications once again.
> >
> > I hope anybody could help me with this problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)
>
> Sander:
>
> Here is a step by step of what actually worked for me.
>
> 1- I could not log on to MSN Messenger because of that crazy error message
> that on investigation turned out to be that I needed a security update for
> the Pocket PC.
>
> 2- I originally followed the instructions at http://www.pocketpc.com
under
> top downloads and followed the instructions of select the 2002 or 2003
> update for your device and make sure it is the right one or it would not
> work. I choose the 2003 version and used the active sync version of 3.7 I
> think it is. The Instructions state to select "OPEN" at the download and
> follow the instructions on the device.
>
> 3- Via this route the message stated to do a "soft reset" which I did. I
> then turned off the device completely and then logged on to MSN Messenger
> and the error message appeared again. I tried the update 3-4 times and
> finally I went and did this.
>
> 4- Go to the download site and instead of using the "OPEN" option I used
the
> save to folder option and downloaded the file. I then had my pocket pc off
> and not attached to the active sync. I simply attached the USB sync cable
> and activsync came on and did some program syncs. I then went to my folder
I
> download the MSN update patch and double clicked the file and it started
to
> install, the activsync found the needed files and updates and installed
them
> all.
>
> 5- The device then stated that it installed successfully, and I then did a
> "soft reset" Please note that any prior attempt to install the MSN update
> must be removed completely from your pocket device and from the host pc
> before you save the file as I described above.
>
> 6- I then went to the MSN login screen and typed my name and password and
> then clicked on OK (Connect) and it worked perfectly.
>
>
> I have found in the last week of this ownership that any program that you
> want to install should be saved to the host computer first and not run as
an
> "OPEN" since I believe some files are not installed or may be corrupted
via
> the open route.
>
> Try it the way I finally did and see if that works.
>
> Elector
>
>
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 7:31:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello Marc,

I reinstalled all of my applications in that time manually, because I
believe that when I do a restore I have a chance to also restore some
"trouble" which caused the problem in the first place...
So, I wanted to exclude that chance to be sure I have really a "clean
install" on my iPaq.
I hope I gave you with this answer the information that you wanted to know.

Could anyone help me please with this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)


"Marc" <see@signature.url> schreef in bericht
news:1090499790.28026.0@iris.uk.clara.net...
> Sander Gerding wrote:
>
> > Hello Marc,
> >
> > Thank you for your reaction!!
> > Sorry that I wasn't clear enough about the things I already did, because
I
> > already updated my iPaq with the latest ROM update a couple of weeks
ago.
> > This also didn't solve the problem.
> > Therefor I don't feel much for another hard reset and reinstalling all
my
> > applications once again.
> >
>
>
> Did you restore your files using iPaq backup, or the ActiveSync backup -
> because I did that and I believe that is what caused the problem.
>
> --
> Marc
> See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 7:06:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

In an extreme, you could also find the latest XIP update
from HP which updates the ROM in your 5550 to v1.10
this update makes the Messenger update unneeded and fixes
several other bugs and carries some improvements in WLAN.


~S.






"Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in news:o lu
$fu7bEHA.3904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> Hello KDE,
>
> Yes, I did also a soft reset AFTER.
>
> Could somebody help me this issue please?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)






--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 3:52:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"> Second, I want to say to you that this link you send me is only for
mobile
> phones and not for pocket pc's. If I want to sign up for such mobile
account
> I will have to provide the mobile operator and in my case is that
Vodafone,
> which is not listed. I can only choose between the following mobile
> operators: KPN Mobile/Hi, Orange, Telfort and T-Mobile. That's why I am
not
> able to choose my own mobile operator, which I find really strange by the
> way..
>

No it's not... follow the link through. it is for Pocket PC's there is a
mobile phone option but also a Pocket PC version, select the network
operator as wi-fi

http://mobile.msn.com/offer.aspx?eu=1
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 1:47:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello ACE,

Thank you for your reaction, but I already updated my ROM to the version
1.10.10 as I described in my reply on 22-07-2004 11:56.

Could anybody help me further with this problem?

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)


"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:Xns953011D11823FearIsTheMindKiller@207.46.248.16...
> In an extreme, you could also find the latest XIP update
> from HP which updates the ROM in your 5550 to v1.10
> this update makes the Messenger update unneeded and fixes
> several other bugs and carries some improvements in WLAN.
>
>
> ~S.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in news:o lu
> $fu7bEHA.3904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
>
> > Hello KDE,
> >
> > Yes, I did also a soft reset AFTER.
> >
> > Could somebody help me this issue please?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
> ======================
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 1:47:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I only saw 'latest update' which could have meant the XIP update
that came before the 1.10 ROM which is somewhat hidden on HP's
messy 'support' site, so I had to ask :) 

Speaking from experience of applying the 1.10 ROM, I noticed you
do NOT need the MSN Messgenger update at all after applying the
1.10 ROM image. Hard Reset, try it out with the factory settings.
Worked for me on the 5550 and it still does after reinstalling
my programs one by one.




~S.





"Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in news:ug
$OGUucEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> Thank you for your reaction, but I already updated my ROM to the version
> 1.10.10 as I described in my reply on 22-07-2004 11:56





--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 3:52:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi ACE,

Thank you for answering to my problem once again! I know, that after the ROM
update, installing the security update is not necessary...but without doing
it the MSN Messenger does not work, so therefor I did the security update
also. ;) 
Hard Resetting my pocket pc is a solution, I know, but I want to do that at
the end (if there is no other solution left). Because I have approx. 50
applications installed on my pocket pc and reinstalling them one by one
takes a lot of time.

Do you (or someone else) have other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)


"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:Xns953274CD2E237FearIsTheMindKiller@207.46.248.16...
> I only saw 'latest update' which could have meant the XIP update
> that came before the 1.10 ROM which is somewhat hidden on HP's
> messy 'support' site, so I had to ask :) 
>
> Speaking from experience of applying the 1.10 ROM, I noticed you
> do NOT need the MSN Messgenger update at all after applying the
> 1.10 ROM image. Hard Reset, try it out with the factory settings.
> Worked for me on the 5550 and it still does after reinstalling
> my programs one by one.
>
>
>
>
> ~S.
>
>
>
>
>
> "Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in news:ug
> $OGUucEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
>
> > Thank you for your reaction, but I already updated my ROM to the version
> > 1.10.10 as I described in my reply on 22-07-2004 11:56
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
> ======================
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 3:52:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

With this as a given, the answer can be lying in one
of those 50 applications messing it up for you either
through some file being overwritten or conflicting
settings in the registry of your PPC. It's mostly trial
and error from here to discover where your setup breaks.
You can still do the hard reset without having to
reinstall all your applications again. You can use
ActiveSync to make a -full- backup of your 5550 and
after the backup, hard reset it and try out MSN with
the factory settings of the 1.10 ROM. If Messenger
works at this point, you can start putting back your
other programs one by one and soft reset in between
and try Messenger again. if it keeps working that way
you'll find out where it breaks, if at all.
I know it sounds like a lot of work, but as I said
there's 50 external factors in play here than just the
Messenger itself. The version of MSN Messenger that is
inside the 1.10 ROM should work without flaws. If it
does not work even after the trial and error with
reinstalling everything one by one after a hard reset
then you might even want to look into redoing the
entire ROM update and doing the same trial again.



~S.




"Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in news:
#ojZzZvcEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> approx. 50 applications installed



--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 5:55:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi ACE,

It is not in one of the 50 applications, I know that for sure, because I
updated my iPaq with the new ROM (v 1.10.10) some time ago and after that
and reinstalling all of my applications (one by one) the MSN Messenger DID
work.
Now, the MSN Messenger suddenly does not work anymore. In the meantime (from
updating and installing all of the applications till now) I did not
install/remove applications from my iPaq, so what can be the problem then?

I hope you can give me the answer...
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sander Gerding. (The Netherlands)


"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:Xns95327E776A8D1FearIsTheMindKiller@207.46.248.16...
> With this as a given, the answer can be lying in one
> of those 50 applications messing it up for you either
> through some file being overwritten or conflicting
> settings in the registry of your PPC. It's mostly trial
> and error from here to discover where your setup breaks.
> You can still do the hard reset without having to
> reinstall all your applications again. You can use
> ActiveSync to make a -full- backup of your 5550 and
> after the backup, hard reset it and try out MSN with
> the factory settings of the 1.10 ROM. If Messenger
> works at this point, you can start putting back your
> other programs one by one and soft reset in between
> and try Messenger again. if it keeps working that way
> you'll find out where it breaks, if at all.
> I know it sounds like a lot of work, but as I said
> there's 50 external factors in play here than just the
> Messenger itself. The version of MSN Messenger that is
> inside the 1.10 ROM should work without flaws. If it
> does not work even after the trial and error with
> reinstalling everything one by one after a hard reset
> then you might even want to look into redoing the
> entire ROM update and doing the same trial again.
>
>
>
> ~S.
>
>
>
>
> "Sander Gerding" <sander.gerding@tencate.org> wrote in news:
> #ojZzZvcEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
>
> > approx. 50 applications installed
>
>
>
> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
> ======================
!