Another problem SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B

Hello,

It seems like one problem got solved and now I have another one.

I wanted to take some pictures I downloaded to my c drive and burn them onto
a recordable cd. When I went to go move them to the cd I followed the CD
Writing Wizard and it came up with the following error

There is no disc in the drive.
Please insert a writeable CD into drive D:\

I have other pictures on this dics and I am able to view open them and view
them, so I'm not sure why it's saying there's no disc in there.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

bar

If the CD media has been used previously and files written to it, then it may
be that the CD was 'closed' and no further 'writing' is possible.

All this is contingent upon the media, the drive, the application used to
'burn' in the first instance and several other variables: it doesn't help
that you provide such a vague description of your problem.

"C" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems like one problem got solved and now I have another one.
>
> I wanted to take some pictures I downloaded to my c drive and burn them onto
> a recordable cd. When I went to go move them to the cd I followed the CD
> Writing Wizard and it came up with the following error
>
> There is no disc in the drive.
> Please insert a writeable CD into drive D:\
>
> I have other pictures on this dics and I am able to view open them and view
> them, so I'm not sure why it's saying there's no disc in there.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks,

I gave as much information as I had. Since this is the first time I have run
across this problem, I'm not aware of all the different variables that are
involved with this.

The only other information in regard to the cd being closed, is that there
was pictures copied to the cd at two different dates. I don't understand how
all of a sudden it can be closed.

I was using the CD Writing Wizard that is found in Windows XP and we also
tried Roxio Easy CD Crreator 5, neither of them worked. The following error
was given when I was following the steps using the Windows XP CD Writing
Wizard to copy the pictures to the Recordable CD
There is no disc in the drive.
> > Please insert a writeable CD into drive D:\

If any more info just let me know what questions you need answered
Thanks!