KT600 Dragon plus V2.0 & AMD 2900 CPU

I need a bit of help. I recently purchased a bundle with the Soyo
KT600 Dragon Plus V2.0 motherboard and an AMD 2900+ barton processor.
After getting it running,I found XP is reporting the processor as a
2600+ cpu. I am very certain I set the jumper on the MB at 200 which is
supposed to be correct for the 400 MHZ 2900 processor.
I need some help selecting the setting(s) in the bios to get this
processor to correctly report the 2900 CPU. I don't see any obvious
settings in the AMI bios for adjusting the multiplier or frequency to
the correct values. Any tips or advice on how to fix this would be
appreciated. (I don't think I want to try a bios Upgrade unless I am
sure it would fix the problem).

Waldo

Update your bios to ver vkpe 2AA3 and it will show up at 2900. I had
the same problem and mine shoes up at 2900 since I upgraded

waldo wrote:
> Update your bios to ver vkpe 2AA3 and it will show up at 2900. I had
> the same problem and mine shoes up at 2900 since I upgraded

Thanks for the help. You were exactly correct. The bios update was easy
to do (I was afraid of doing it because of all the warnings about the
risks), and the update fixed the problem.Thanks again!

same problem hadnt wanted to try flashing a brand new MB sheesh it came
bundled with the CPU and they wont work together till ya flash grrrr
Tiger/soyo loosing my respect.

Fair warning on RAM . . Elixer 512MB DDR 266 PC2100 causes a boot
failure on my Maxtor 60 gig using KT600 Dragon Plus V2.0

The two kingston 256 MB DDR 266 PC2100 work fine but fill all the ram
slotz.

I am still searching if KT600 Dragon Plus V2.0 is possibly compatible
with a ADM 2400TB CPU i missed the fine print on the backcompatibility
read it went back as far as 1800 but not for Thoroughbred .
?? <<Will Bios update ...vkpe 2AA3 . .make the 2400 work >>??

"botnybob" wrote:
> same problem hadnt wanted to try flashing a brand new MB
> sheesh it came
> bundled with the CPU and they wont work together till ya flash
> grrrr
> Tiger/soyo loosing my respect.
>
> Fair warning on RAM . . Elixer 512MB DDR 266 PC2100 causes a
> boot
> failure on my Maxtor 60 gig using KT600 Dragon Plus V2.0
>
> The two kingston 256 MB DDR 266 PC2100 work fine but fill all
> the ram
> slotz.
>
> I am still searching if KT600 Dragon Plus V2.0 is possibly
> compatible
> with a ADM 2400TB CPU i missed the fine print on the
> backcompatibility
> read it went back as far as 1800 but not for Thoroughbred .
> ?? <<Will Bios update ...vkpe 2AA3 . .make the 2400 work
> >>??

To flash this board, did you use a bootable disk? Where and which one
did you get it from? Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Soyo-KT600-Dragon-V2-amp-AMD-2900-CPU-ftopict48546.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=250741

"SugarDaddy" wrote:
> To flash this board, did you use a bootable disk? Where and
> which one
> did you get it from? Thanks

well you can goto
http://www.soyogroup.com/downloads/selectresults.php?language=&col1=Proc_AMD+Athlon+XP%2C+T-Bird%2C+Duron&col2=304&col3=BIOS+Upgrade
and if that doesnt work
http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/
should.

I have the same setup but i am getting errors trying to flash. I moved
the jumper to 200 MHz. This changed the bios from reporting 1Ghz to
2Ghz. It now reads XP 2600. I have been using a Win98 to boot to a DOS
prompt. Im gonna try making a boot disk and try that. I will post my
results.

On 28 Apr 2005 16:06:20 -0500, doomzday11
<DoNotEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

>"SugarDaddy" wrote:
> > To flash this board, did you use a bootable disk? Where and
> > which one
> > did you get it from? Thanks
>
>well you can goto
>http://www.soyogroup.com/downloads/selectresults.php?language=&col1=Proc_AMD+Athlon+XP%2C+T-Bird%2C+Duron&col2=304&col3=BIOS+Upgrade
>and if that doesnt work
>http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/
>should.
>
>I have the same setup but i am getting errors trying to flash. I moved
>the jumper to 200 MHz. This changed the bios from reporting 1Ghz to
>2Ghz. It now reads XP 2600. I have been using a Win98 to boot to a DOS
>prompt. Im gonna try making a boot disk and try that. I will post my
>results.
I bought two 512meg PC3200(400mhz) chips and they came today for my
board. I jumpered the board for 200mhz, all jumpers on, and the board
is now running at 2600mhz. Seems as though a bios update is REQUIRED
to get the 2900mhz out of the chip!
I bought the package from Tiger and am happy with it so far. I put
Win2k Server on it, no problems except the 160gig drive was reduced to
137gig because Windows boot drives cannot have more than 137gig, I
would have gotten a smaller drive if I had known this ahead of time! I
added a second hard drive, now a total of two harddrives and one cd
drive, 250gig and it came thru just fine. I have one more 250gig drive
to put in it and that will be it for now. I MAY take the cd out and
add one more harddrive in the future but I am not sure yet. Once the
OS is loaded my "extra" machines don't need cd drives.
This is NOT my primary machine, it is replacing my current dual 300mhz
server.