Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I have an external USB 2, 2.5" hard disk, however when I connect it to my USB
port XP detects 'a generic drive' and that it is connected however I cannot
see the drive listed when I go to my computer, therefore I cannot acces it.

I have tried the drive on numerous other computers aswell, however I get the
same result on those aswell.

Anyones assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I have found the solution in a previous post. The answer was found in disk
manager under administrative tools in control panel. I assigned it a drive
there and partioned it.

"Anthony" wrote:

> I have an external USB 2, 2.5" hard disk, however when I connect it to my USB
> port XP detects 'a generic drive' and that it is connected however I cannot
> see the drive listed when I go to my computer, therefore I cannot acces it.
>
> I have tried the drive on numerous other computers aswell, however I get the
> same result on those aswell.
>
> Anyones assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Partition and format the drive.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban