KT-600 Soyo Dragon Plus Ver 2.0 problem

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
February 24, 2005 1:04:24 PM

I can't load Windows XP on a system with a new KT-600 Dragon Plus Ver
2.0 unless I turn off APIC in Bios. If I leave the APIC enabled XP
installation freezes at the screen that says starting windows setup?
What is wrong? I have a 500 watt PS Kingston PC 3200 512 megx2 Ram and
a Maxtor Ultra ATA 133 120 gb HD. ATI Radeon 9250 SE 128mb 8x AGP card.

John
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 24, 2005 4:24:21 PM

Windows XP is incompatible with APIC. See:

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=lang_en&cl...

!