keyboard not present SY-6VBA133

I am getting a keyboard not present error on boot up. I haven't locked the
keyboard jumper, but I suspect either a blown Poly fuse for keyboard
overcurrent protection, or I need to reset the keyboard controller chip (or
replace it). Where are these and what do they look like?
I am not really concerned about fubaring the board at this point, but if I
can salvage it, it will save me hunting down another slot 1 board for a P3
processor. Also, If the keyboard controller chip is fubarred, I should be
able to replace it with a chip from another board, even if I cut the leads
and resolder to the old pins? (and yes, use a heat sink)
By the way... in case anyone is wondering, you cannot connect a USB device
to a ps2 port using an adapter. *lol* You gotta laff about these things or
else leave the tweakin and freekin to the techs.

I'm buying a new mobo, processor, ram, to put into my case anyway. So this
repair is more as a hobby than anything else.
1 answer Last reply
More about keyboard present 6vba133

    Problem solved. It is a keyboard fuse. A little green thing about the same
    size as a resistor. It is a 3A 125V poly fuse. Blew the fuse for my USB
    ports also. But they also use the same fuse. I replaced them using fuses
    from an ancient MOBO, works fine. Only need to find 1 more, only 2 were
    good on the old board.
    BTW, Soyo was NO HELP at all with this. They said to unplug the USB and
    then plug the device back in.
    Which, is about all I could find on the web also. I think the trouble
    shooter should say to check the fuses and where they are and what they look
    like, if thier first solution doesn't work.
    Hope this helps someone.

    "Gary Balkam" <averybaddog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am getting a keyboard not present error on boot up. I haven't locked
    the
    > keyboard jumper, but I suspect either a blown Poly fuse for keyboard
    > overcurrent protection, or I need to reset the keyboard controller chip
    (or
    > replace it). Where are these and what do they look like?
    > I am not really concerned about fubaring the board at this point, but if I
    > can salvage it, it will save me hunting down another slot 1 board for a P3
    > processor. Also, If the keyboard controller chip is fubarred, I should be
    > able to replace it with a chip from another board, even if I cut the leads
    > and resolder to the old pins? (and yes, use a heat sink)
    > By the way... in case anyone is wondering, you cannot connect a USB device
    > to a ps2 port using an adapter. *lol* You gotta laff about these things
    or
    > else leave the tweakin and freekin to the techs.
    >
    > I'm buying a new mobo, processor, ram, to put into my case anyway. So
    this
    > repair is more as a hobby than anything else.

Controller Chip Keyboards Motherboards